Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Plasticizer Problems / Discussion / Gallery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Plasticizer Problems / Discussion / Gallery - Page 153

post #1521 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by feniks View Post

That is exactly how my stock XSPC clear tubing looked like in 2 weeks of use ... it's garbage, get some Feser or Duralene tubing and be done with it smile.gif

I assume your new tubes were okay? Did you have to clean your radiator and blocks out?
CUDA Workstation
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 5960X Asus X99-E WS GTX Titan Tri-SLI Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung XP941 Sandisk Ultra II 960GB Water Windows 8.1 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Asus ROG Swift EVGA Supernova 1300 G2 NZXT Switch 810 Creative SB ZXR 
  hide details  
Reply
CUDA Workstation
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 5960X Asus X99-E WS GTX Titan Tri-SLI Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung XP941 Sandisk Ultra II 960GB Water Windows 8.1 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Asus ROG Swift EVGA Supernova 1300 G2 NZXT Switch 810 Creative SB ZXR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1522 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator View Post

I assume your new tubes were okay? Did you have to clean your radiator and blocks out?

I flushed radiator only with warm vinegar and then lots of water, discarded old tubing and back then went with primochill just to discover a new problem down the road 6 weeks later ... now running feser, so far so good after a month.
post #1523 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by feniks View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator View Post

I assume your new tubes were okay? Did you have to clean your radiator and blocks out?

I flushed radiator only with warm vinegar and then lots of water, discarded old tubing and back then went with primochill just to discover a new problem down the road 6 weeks later ... now running feser, so far so good after a month.

What problem did you discover? Spill man, spill. mellowsmiley.gif

~Ceadder smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1524 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post

What problem did you discover? Spill man, spill. mellowsmiley.gif
~Ceadder smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif

same as nearly everybody else smile.gif some white powder residue on inner side of primochill tubing walls
I posted it with pics around page 135 of this thread I think, not sure got lost long ago wink.gif
post #1525 of 3087
Can someone explain me what exactly is the plasticizer problem?

I've been into water cooling for just 3-4 months, recently changed all tubing on my loop as I added the GPU's to the loop, and I'd like to know what that is so I can be aware.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 7700k ASUS Maximus IX Formula EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666MHz CL16 Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB WD Red 4TB WD Green 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 PRO ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Corsair K70 RGB MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA Supernova T2 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Razer Destructor 2 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO 80ohm JDS O2+ODAC Zalman MIC-M1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 7700k ASUS Maximus IX Formula EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666MHz CL16 Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB WD Red 4TB WD Green 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 PRO ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Corsair K70 RGB MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA Supernova T2 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Razer Destructor 2 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO 80ohm JDS O2+ODAC Zalman MIC-M1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1526 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcuestag View Post

Can someone explain me what exactly is the plasticizer problem?
I've been into water cooling for just 3-4 months, recently changed all tubing on my loop as I added the GPU's to the loop, and I'd like to know what that is so I can be aware.

Check post #2 there is a good picture of plasticizer problem, it is the white stuff of inside the tube
http://www.overclock.net/t/1199158/plasticizer-problems-discussion-gallery#post_16177272
post #1527 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcuestag View Post

Can someone explain me what exactly is the plasticizer problem?

I've been into water cooling for just 3-4 months, recently changed all tubing on my loop as I added the GPU's to the loop, and I'd like to know what that is so I can be aware.

In a nut shell plasticizer is what they put in tubing to make it more flexible, but it also comes out of the tubing over time.
Potentia et Decor
(16 items)
 
 
Project Trooper
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black WD Green Asus BR XSPC RX 360 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC Rasa CPU Block EK-Reservoir/Pump Combo DCP 4.0 Windows 7 64bit LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Cooler Master 850watt SilentPro Lian Li A70F Logitech G9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Black  XSPC Rasa RS240 kit plus RX120 Win 7 64 LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 CM 850 SilentPro CM Scout Logitech MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
Potentia et Decor
(16 items)
 
 
Project Trooper
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black WD Green Asus BR XSPC RX 360 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC Rasa CPU Block EK-Reservoir/Pump Combo DCP 4.0 Windows 7 64bit LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Cooler Master 850watt SilentPro Lian Li A70F Logitech G9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Black  XSPC Rasa RS240 kit plus RX120 Win 7 64 LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 CM 850 SilentPro CM Scout Logitech MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1528 of 3087
Here is a list of suspected variables. Add onto it as you like.

Tubing:
Brand; Model; Color; DOM; Age before Install; Age during install; Sterility; Duration of exposure to open atmosphere; Permeability by gases;

Temp:
Atmospheric Temp; Startup Temp; Average Working Temp; Max Temp; Duration of Max Temp; Temp variation in loop; Rate of Temp Variation

Coolant:
Brand; Model; Color; DOM; Age before install; Age during Install; Sterility; Duration of exposure to open atmosphere; duration no motion; duration in motion; flow rate; coolant loss; rate of loss; make up volume; Makeup frequency; duration loop open to atmosphere during refill; Sterility of makeup fluid;

Atmosphere:
Gas composition of normal open atmosphere; altitude; relative humidity; Closed Loop Atmosphere Gases; Venting; Filtration

Biocide:
Brand; Model; Component chemicals and quantities; placement in loop; maintenance interval; Volume in loop; % of coolant by volume and mass; sterility; DOM; Age before Install; Age during install; Sterility; Duration of exposure to open atmosphere

Additives:
Brand; Model; chemical composition; quantities as % by volume and mass; Color; DOM; Age before Install; Age during install; Sterility; Duration of exposure to open atmosphere;

Metals in loop:
Radiator components; CPU and GPU Block components; Fittings; Pumps; Filter materials;

Observed Contaminants and Corrosion:
Description in standardized terms against standards; sample collection; sterility of collection and storage of samples; time preceding, during and following observed contaminants; rate of growth or accumulation of contaminants; Availability of secure samples for lab testing and analysis;

Qualitative Standardized Description of system setup, testing, measurements, sample collection and processing;

Time, Temp recordings by component throughout the observation period using standardized procedures

Record photographs of systems and components testing conditions and results.

Assure Open public access to data and analysis to promote repeatability and peer review.


Ok, this should be a start...eek.gif

After this list we can create a standardized form with much of the info made numeric and database accessible for comparative analysis.
post #1529 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrwings View Post

Here is a list of suspected variables. Add onto it as you like.
Tubing:
Brand; Model; Color; DOM; Age before Install; Age during install; Sterility; Duration of exposure to open atmosphere; Permeability by gases;
Temp:
Atmospheric Temp; Startup Temp; Average Working Temp; Max Temp; Duration of Max Temp; Temp variation in loop; Rate of Temp Variation
Coolant:
Brand; Model; Color; DOM; Age before install; Age during Install; Sterility; Duration of exposure to open atmosphere; duration no motion; duration in motion; flow rate; coolant loss; rate of loss; make up volume; Makeup frequency; duration loop open to atmosphere during refill; Sterility of makeup fluid;
Atmosphere:
Gas composition of normal open atmosphere; altitude; relative humidity; Closed Loop Atmosphere Gases; Venting; Filtration
Biocide:
Brand; Model; Component chemicals and quantities; placement in loop; maintenance interval; Volume in loop; % of coolant by volume and mass; sterility; DOM; Age before Install; Age during install; Sterility; Duration of exposure to open atmosphere
Additives:
Brand; Model; chemical composition; quantities as % by volume and mass; Color; DOM; Age before Install; Age during install; Sterility; Duration of exposure to open atmosphere;
Metals in loop:
Radiator components; CPU and GPU Block components; Fittings; Pumps; Filter materials;
Observed Contaminants and Corrosion:
Description in standardized terms against standards; sample collection; sterility of collection and storage of samples; time preceding, during and following observed contaminants; rate of growth or accumulation of contaminants; Availability of secure samples for lab testing and analysis;
Qualitative Standardized Description of system setup, testing, measurements, sample collection and processing;
Time, Temp recordings by component throughout the observation period using standardized procedures
Record photographs of systems and components testing conditions and results.
Assure Open public access to data and analysis to promote repeatability and peer review.
Ok, this should be a start...eek.gif
After this list we can create a standardized form with much of the info made numeric and database accessible for comparative analysis.

Well out of all that i think we could all agree on if you can get pretty much all the same kinds of metals for your loop ie all nickle or copper or whatever that'll cut that down biggrin.gif.

As for the rest... have fun with that guys thumb.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif
Humble SM5 MK2
(22 items)
 
Games Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X MSI B350M Mortar Arctic MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR OC G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14D-32GTZKW 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 1TB Scythe 120mm Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM Fan x3 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i V2 Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 64-Bit Dell U2414H Dell U2414H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE WASD CODE 87-Key - Cherry MX Clear EVGA Supernova G2 850W CaseLabs SM5 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Artisan ZERO MID Black Large Mouse Pad JDS Labs Element Sennheiser HD 599 
AudioAudio
Samson Q2U Swan M50W Powered 2.1 System 
CPUMotherboardRAMRAM
Intel Xeon E3 1245 V5 MSI C236M Workstation Crucial CT8G4WFD8213 8GB DDR4 ECC 2133MHz Crucial CT8G4WFD8213 8GB DDR4 ECC 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 750 EVO 120GB SSD  Samsung 750 EVO 120GB SSD  Western Digital WD Red 2TB WD20EFRX Corsair H80i V2 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 Enterprise Corsair VS350 ATX Power Supply Fractal Design Core 1000 
MotherboardRAMHard DriveHard Drive
SUPERMICRO MBD-A1SRi-2758F-O ITX server board Kingston KVR16LSE11/8KF 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 120GB Western Digital RED 4TB x8 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Noctua 120mm NF-F12 2000RPM Noctua 120mm NF-F12 2000RPM Noctua 120mm NF-F12 2000RPM FreeNAS 
PowerCaseOtherOther
Corsair CS550M Caselabs X2M ICY BOX 4bay hotswap IB-544SSK ICY BOX 4bay hotswap IB-544SSK 
OtherOther
LSI MegaRAID 9240-8i  StarTech Model SAS8087S450 SAS to SATA cable's 
  hide details  
Reply
Humble SM5 MK2
(22 items)
 
Games Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X MSI B350M Mortar Arctic MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR OC G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14D-32GTZKW 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 1TB Scythe 120mm Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM Fan x3 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i V2 Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 64-Bit Dell U2414H Dell U2414H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE WASD CODE 87-Key - Cherry MX Clear EVGA Supernova G2 850W CaseLabs SM5 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Artisan ZERO MID Black Large Mouse Pad JDS Labs Element Sennheiser HD 599 
AudioAudio
Samson Q2U Swan M50W Powered 2.1 System 
CPUMotherboardRAMRAM
Intel Xeon E3 1245 V5 MSI C236M Workstation Crucial CT8G4WFD8213 8GB DDR4 ECC 2133MHz Crucial CT8G4WFD8213 8GB DDR4 ECC 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 750 EVO 120GB SSD  Samsung 750 EVO 120GB SSD  Western Digital WD Red 2TB WD20EFRX Corsair H80i V2 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 Enterprise Corsair VS350 ATX Power Supply Fractal Design Core 1000 
MotherboardRAMHard DriveHard Drive
SUPERMICRO MBD-A1SRi-2758F-O ITX server board Kingston KVR16LSE11/8KF 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 120GB Western Digital RED 4TB x8 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Noctua 120mm NF-F12 2000RPM Noctua 120mm NF-F12 2000RPM Noctua 120mm NF-F12 2000RPM FreeNAS 
PowerCaseOtherOther
Corsair CS550M Caselabs X2M ICY BOX 4bay hotswap IB-544SSK ICY BOX 4bay hotswap IB-544SSK 
OtherOther
LSI MegaRAID 9240-8i  StarTech Model SAS8087S450 SAS to SATA cable's 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1530 of 3087
Lighting: Watts; Brand; Type: LED's,:UV; IR; Grow lamps near...rolleyes.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Plasticizer Problems / Discussion / Gallery