Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Plasticizer Problems / Discussion / Gallery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Plasticizer Problems / Discussion / Gallery - Page 243

post #2421 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by feznz View Post

concidering that the tubing I have tubing that has had over 5 years in contact with antifreeze (2 years in loop 3 years in storage) I must have some super tubing if someone can replcate clouding/plasterisation in 24 hours with copper sulphate.
Copper sulphate maybe a accelerant to this process to techinically correct.

Yes that what im trying to get across-you are correct thumb.gif

Catalyst= accelerant.
post #2422 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkorky View Post

Yes that what im trying to get across-you are correct thumb.gif

Catalyst= accelerant.

lol I had to look up Catalyst as I normally associated that to fiberglass and catalatic converters in cars tongue.gif
I have to ask what would you use for cooling fluid in a loop I am pulling my loop down and am probably going to put the antifreeze back in I like the idea of pure water because of thermal efficiency but corrosion and algae are the main issue I would rather avoid at all cost.

I just looked at you profile of course it would be Mayhems Pastel or any other computer grade coolant.
Edited by feznz - 2/7/13 at 9:25pm
kamikaze
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770k @ 4.8 asus maximus v extreme Asus Strix 1080 Ti  Asus GTX 770 DCUii 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
GSkill 2400Mhz Sandisk ultra pro xspc 240 raystorm Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
LG UC9938-w AOC 24"  AOC 24" G19 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
enermax maxrevo 1500w nzxt 820 Phantom saitik rat 9 Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
kamikaze
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770k @ 4.8 asus maximus v extreme Asus Strix 1080 Ti  Asus GTX 770 DCUii 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
GSkill 2400Mhz Sandisk ultra pro xspc 240 raystorm Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
LG UC9938-w AOC 24"  AOC 24" G19 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
enermax maxrevo 1500w nzxt 820 Phantom saitik rat 9 Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2423 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by feznz View Post

lol I had to look up Catalyst as I normally associated that to fiberglass and catalatic converters in cars tongue.gif
I have to ask what would you use for cooling fluid in a loop I am pulling my loop down and am probably going to put the antifreeze back in I like the idea of pure water because of thermal efficiency but corrosion and algae are the main issue I would rather avoid at all cost.

I just looked at you profile of course it would be Mayhems Pastel or any other computer grade coolant.



Yes you would be correct in assuming that i use Mayhem's coolants(although my profile is very old, and i will be updating it soon-i am light years ahead of that rig, not to mention, knowledge-wise now)

At present, i am using a white pastel, to which i added coloured dye-very nice effect and no problems whatsoever with regards to plasticizer (as yet) nor algae growth.

Mayhem's also make X1 which is a clear coolant, which also has anti corrosive and anti bacterial properties in it, so you would just use it on it's own in a loop.

If you dont want to pay that much, you could go with Distilled water -try to make sure that the Ph (acid/alkaline level) is at 7-that is neutral).
Then you could buy a dye such as mayhems dye and add it to your loop.

With regards to the SKC and biocide issue-i only know of one tubing at the moment (not including certain Tygon food/beverage type tubing) that claims to not need those items, and that is Primochill Advanced, BUT do not take my word as gospel, because i have not used it enough, nor in that configuration to make a valid personal comment as yet.



There are other users in this thread that have said good things about it, but, the tubing is new(on the market), and i do not know what they have used in their loop (the consumer)- so i could not say with certainty 'x' user has had 'x' results etc.

A good rule of thumb when deciding what to do, is to take advice from people that do not back up their claims (both negative & positive) with properly documented proof, with a pinch of salt, there are many over enthusiastic people out there, many fanboys, and others with hidden agendas.

Decide on which tubing you want to go with by reading up a bit to get a rough idea what you think will work best for you, then go ahead and build your loop-you will soon see if your choice was correct.

Hope this helped, if only a bit, good luck in your battle to stave of algae thumb.gif
Edited by kkorky - 2/7/13 at 10:24pm
post #2424 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkorky View Post

Yes you would be correct in assuming that i use Mayhem's coolants(although my profile is very old, and i will be updating it soon-i am light years ahead of that rig, not to mention, knowledge-wise now)

At present, i am using a white pastel, to which i added coloured dye-very nice effect and no problems whatsoever with regards to plasticizer (as yet) nor algae growth.


Hope this helped, if only a bit, good luck in your battle to stave of algae thumb.gif

Thanks for the indepth info I will give you a rep for that.

I simply donot want to use distilled water only, basically because of no corrosion inhibitor. I live in New Zealand and any pc coolant is way too expensive for what it is(60usd 1Lt), we only have one pc shop I am aware of that actually stocks any water cooling parts and only EK. I don't want the hassel of importing coolant, I am currently waiting 4 weeks for radiator + gpu blocks to arrive from USA. almost there tracking make sat or mon delivery.
I used automotive coolant in the past no problems I have a 5 year 250,000km guaratee on this stuff so I am sure it will last till Titans arrive biggrin.gif
kamikaze
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770k @ 4.8 asus maximus v extreme Asus Strix 1080 Ti  Asus GTX 770 DCUii 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
GSkill 2400Mhz Sandisk ultra pro xspc 240 raystorm Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
LG UC9938-w AOC 24"  AOC 24" G19 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
enermax maxrevo 1500w nzxt 820 Phantom saitik rat 9 Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
kamikaze
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770k @ 4.8 asus maximus v extreme Asus Strix 1080 Ti  Asus GTX 770 DCUii 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
GSkill 2400Mhz Sandisk ultra pro xspc 240 raystorm Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
LG UC9938-w AOC 24"  AOC 24" G19 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
enermax maxrevo 1500w nzxt 820 Phantom saitik rat 9 Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2425 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by feznz View Post

Thanks for the indepth info I will give you a rep for that.

I simply donot want to use distilled water only, basically because of no corrosion inhibitor. I live in New Zealand and any pc coolant is way too expensive for what it is(60usd 1Lt), we only have one pc shop I am aware of that actually stocks any water cooling parts and only EK. I don't want the hassel of importing coolant, I am currently waiting 4 weeks for radiator + gpu blocks to arrive from USA. almost there tracking make sat or mon delivery.
I used automotive coolant in the past no problems I have a 5 year 250,000km guaratee on this stuff so I am sure it will last till Titans arrive biggrin.gif


LOL! tongue.gif
post #2426 of 3087
Any word if Tyler Ind. will be making green Advance?

My Duralene it starting to give after about two months frown.gif. Is there another green tube out there that will hold? Really frustrated in wasting money with tube and dyes.
post #2427 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by feznz View Post

Thanks for the indepth info I will give you a rep for that.

I simply donot want to use distilled water only, basically because of no corrosion inhibitor. I live in New Zealand and any pc coolant is way too expensive for what it is(60usd 1Lt), we only have one pc shop I am aware of that actually stocks any water cooling parts and only EK. I don't want the hassel of importing coolant, I am currently waiting 4 weeks for radiator + gpu blocks to arrive from USA. almost there tracking make sat or mon delivery.
I used automotive coolant in the past no problems I have a 5 year 250,000km guaratee on this stuff so I am sure it will last till Titans arrive biggrin.gif

Hey mate. You could give techworld.co.nz they sell mayhem pastel dyes at a decent price. He also has quite a bit of xspc gears. Been going to him over CL lately.
post #2428 of 3087
After reading this thread for months, I still don't have an answer between Duraleen, plasticizer free Tygon, and Advanced Primochill.
The Avatar State
(22 items)
 
  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 4TB HDD LG 14x Blu-Ray Burner 2 AC Aqualis XT Reservoirs 2 EK D5 Vario Pumps, 2 EK Nickel D5 Covers 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK Supremacy Clean CSQ All Nickel CPU Block Black Ice Nemesis GTX Rads Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit OS Asus ROG Swift PG278Q G-Sync 27" Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Cherry MX Red RGB KB, Harmony Smart KB Corsair AX1500i PSU CaseLabs Mercury S8 PC Case, Assessories Logitech G602 Mouse, T650 Touchpad 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries Diablo III Mouse Pad  Creative Sound Blaster ZxR Sound Card Audio-Techica ATH-ADG1 Headset Corsair SP2500 PC Speakers 
OtherOtherOtherOther
XBOX One Controller GT AP-14 Fans, Screws, Nuts, Washers Lutro0 Teleios Sleeving, Connectors, Pins, Cables Tools, Zip Ties, Acrylic Sheets, LEDs 
OtherOther
GC Extreme TIM, Fujipoly Ultra Thermal Pads ArctiClean, Bestine, X1 Coolant, Silicone Grease 
  hide details  
Reply
The Avatar State
(22 items)
 
  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 4TB HDD LG 14x Blu-Ray Burner 2 AC Aqualis XT Reservoirs 2 EK D5 Vario Pumps, 2 EK Nickel D5 Covers 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK Supremacy Clean CSQ All Nickel CPU Block Black Ice Nemesis GTX Rads Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit OS Asus ROG Swift PG278Q G-Sync 27" Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Cherry MX Red RGB KB, Harmony Smart KB Corsair AX1500i PSU CaseLabs Mercury S8 PC Case, Assessories Logitech G602 Mouse, T650 Touchpad 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries Diablo III Mouse Pad  Creative Sound Blaster ZxR Sound Card Audio-Techica ATH-ADG1 Headset Corsair SP2500 PC Speakers 
OtherOtherOtherOther
XBOX One Controller GT AP-14 Fans, Screws, Nuts, Washers Lutro0 Teleios Sleeving, Connectors, Pins, Cables Tools, Zip Ties, Acrylic Sheets, LEDs 
OtherOther
GC Extreme TIM, Fujipoly Ultra Thermal Pads ArctiClean, Bestine, X1 Coolant, Silicone Grease 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2429 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeblood View Post

Hey mate. You could give techworld.co.nz they sell mayhem pastel dyes at a decent price. He also has quite a bit of xspc gears. Been going to him over CL lately.

OMG thanks thats a rep I think they need to advtise some how lol I probably would have gone there first if I knew about them Thanks
Actually just having a browse now very resonable prices I just spent $640 at frozenpc and $220 on post and tax and still waiting for the delivery oh well live and learn.
Limited selection but I think I would have just changed my order to what they had in stock but I will keep them in mind for the future I am going to order some 120mm fans from them now and some coolant.
Edited by feznz - 2/9/13 at 11:58am
kamikaze
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770k @ 4.8 asus maximus v extreme Asus Strix 1080 Ti  Asus GTX 770 DCUii 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
GSkill 2400Mhz Sandisk ultra pro xspc 240 raystorm Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
LG UC9938-w AOC 24"  AOC 24" G19 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
enermax maxrevo 1500w nzxt 820 Phantom saitik rat 9 Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
kamikaze
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770k @ 4.8 asus maximus v extreme Asus Strix 1080 Ti  Asus GTX 770 DCUii 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
GSkill 2400Mhz Sandisk ultra pro xspc 240 raystorm Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
LG UC9938-w AOC 24"  AOC 24" G19 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
enermax maxrevo 1500w nzxt 820 Phantom saitik rat 9 Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2430 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by feznz View Post

OMG thanks thats a rep I think they need to advtise some how lol I probably would have gone there first if I knew about them Thanks


Hey good one-what a result-ill still have a look at things on my end as promised.

BTW, you mentioned that you were using Mastercleer tubing, my wife's rig is using that atm, with Mayhems pastel-no problems at all Coming up to 4 months use 24/7, so thats something you possibly want to have a look at thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Plasticizer Problems / Discussion / Gallery