Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [MR] iPad 3 with LTE, Quad-Core Processor and Retina Display Set for March Launch
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MR] iPad 3 with LTE, Quad-Core Processor and Retina Display Set for March Launch - Page 8

post #71 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by senslessenigma View Post

Apparently not to you.
That's why it's called earnings PER share, the ratio takes into account the number of shares because the denominator is the number of outstanding shares.
All the P/E ratio tells you is how inflated the stock price is, and that's not the point, so that's not what I need to be looking at. Yes that is a factor, just like all the financial statements, and every financial ratio are as well. People are arguing about whether apple is ahead of the curve or not, and the fact is that apple manages innovation well. They consistently release new/updated products and obviously do it better than just about anyone, because their EPS is higher than most if not all of their competitors.
Lastly, P/E ratio is really only useful when comparing two stocks in the same industry, the technology industry's average P/E ratio is 16 which apple is very close to. Amazon is not a tech stock.
Edit: actually apples P/E is 15, which is below the industry average.

Uhhh updated? They released an EDGE phone when there was 3G, they are gonna be releasing a phone with LTE at most 2 years behind.

Amazon is a tech stock, they are completely online, the company itself describes it as a tech stock.

In the end its too high, Microsoft is 11, and it makes the same profit and Microsoft is in a better position to dominate tablets than Apple is, which then leads into phones.

Then of course I could be wrong and iAds could be the next big thing in IP TV.rolleyes.gif
post #72 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeSC View Post

My TPrime gets 9 hours battery life continuous use. It also runs flash. It also has emulators. It also has an HDMI port. It also has the best dock in the history of tablets. It also runs a customizable OS. It also was the first to have quad-core. It also has ICS goodness. It also has an actual file explorer. It also doesn't require the malware... sorry... software iTunes to be installed on my PC. Etc. Etc. Etc. How will my TPrime "not even be close" to an iPad? If I wanted an iPad I would have bought one. I'd rather have something more functional than an oversized iPhone homescreen.

The Prime certainly isn't a "prime" example of future Android tablets. It gets eaten by the iPad 2 (which came out, when, 10 months ago?) in both battery life and in most benchmarks. If the iPad 2 come out with retina display and a quad-core chip, how do you think the Prime would survive? It competes with the iPad 2 right now, not at all against any expectations of the iPad 3.

I am of course talking hardware. Software is much more subjective. I personally loath ICS with a passion and generally consider it crap as a tablet OS (I can't wait for Windows 8). Personally, because of the poorly optimized, buggy junk that is ICS, and the fact that the iPad 2 (ancient in today's fast moving gadget world) still outperforms the "flagship" Android Tablet, I would certainly go iPad 2. In all likelihood, it will take another ten months for an Android tablet to come at all close to the iPad 3.

EDIT: Sorry, reading the reviews, I didn't know they weren't even running ICS yet. Apparently, it shipped with Honeycomb. Disregard the comments about ICS and apply them to Honeycomb.
Edited by leafan101 - 1/13/12 at 9:38pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1500x 4.1GHz OC MSi Gaming Pro B350 mATX EVGA Superclocked GTX 1060 3GB GSkill Aegis 2800MHz 1x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Seagate 1TB Crucial 128GB SSD Byski CPU block with Barrow fittings RedDragon Blue Mechanical Backlit Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 750W Thermaltake Core V21 Razer DeathAdder Left-Handed Edition Spigen A102 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1500x 4.1GHz OC MSi Gaming Pro B350 mATX EVGA Superclocked GTX 1060 3GB GSkill Aegis 2800MHz 1x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Seagate 1TB Crucial 128GB SSD Byski CPU block with Barrow fittings RedDragon Blue Mechanical Backlit Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 750W Thermaltake Core V21 Razer DeathAdder Left-Handed Edition Spigen A102 
  hide details  
Reply
post #73 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtL1776 View Post

Uhhh updated? They released an EDGE phone when there was 3G, they are gonna be releasing a phone with LTE at most 2 years behind.
Amazon is a tech stock, they are completely online, the company itself describes it as a tech stock.
In the end its too high, Microsoft is 11, and it makes the same profit and Microsoft is in a better position to dominate tablets than Apple is, which then leads into phones.
Then of course I could be wrong and iAds could be the next big thing in IP TV.rolleyes.gif

I'll take your word on amazon, but they're not in the market that apple is.

And Microsoft's EPS is 2.75, which is what I was talking about to begin with, so I don't know what point you're trying to make but it has nothing to do with my original post. In the end what is "too high"? The P/E ratio gauges the market's expectation of a company to grow in the future, so unless you have inside information it's not possible for you to know for a fact that apples P/E is too high. That's your opinion.

The point in my post was to show some numbers that are a fact, and you can word it however you want but it shows that apple does a good job of running their company which just so happens to produce tablets.

Last time I checked Microsoft doesn't produce tablets.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K MSI P67A-G43 GTX 460 SLI 8GB Patriot DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x WD Raptor 150Gb Raid 0 1x WD 1Tb Caviar Black XSPC Rasa RS240 LG 27" 1080p Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
XFX Pro 850W Corsair 500R White Logitech G9x Creative SoundBlaster x-fi Xtreme Music 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K MSI P67A-G43 GTX 460 SLI 8GB Patriot DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x WD Raptor 150Gb Raid 0 1x WD 1Tb Caviar Black XSPC Rasa RS240 LG 27" 1080p Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
XFX Pro 850W Corsair 500R White Logitech G9x Creative SoundBlaster x-fi Xtreme Music 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 253
Not trying to be a troll or anything, but what's the point? What can that tablet do that my ipad 1 cannot do?
Besides the features there is no point at. Apple has a huge flaw in that everything has to be optimized to run on the slowest device they offer. I can take any app and run it on my iphone 3gs and take the same app and run it on my ipad 1 and get the same exact results. Same with the ipad 1 versus the ipad 2 I can take any random app and run it on my ipad 1 and take the same app and run it on my friends ipad 2 and get the same results.

By results I mean the app runs smooth and without FPS issues which happens a lot on android when an app isn't optimized for your device.

I just don't understand the need to upgrade to a device that is going to give you the same results regardless until they stop supporting it with IOS updates.
Edited by Quesenek - 1/13/12 at 9:50pm
Gaming System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k - 4.2GHz GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H EVGA gtx 960 SSC GAMING ACX 2.0+ 12GB 1600 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Gateway HD2200 2x Acer G235H Corsair TX750w Coolermaster HAF 912 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k - 4.2GHz GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H EVGA gtx 960 SSC GAMING ACX 2.0+ 12GB 1600 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Gateway HD2200 2x Acer G235H Corsair TX750w Coolermaster HAF 912 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #75 of 253
I think Phone and Tab are at a point where Speed and specs are not really important. To me what you can do with them is more important and actual app support. iPhone 2G was original. Now so far they just took iPhone apps and made them "HD" and called it a day. On top of that games for these devices are next to no existent. I know that if you want to game you are better off with Tegra since Nvidia knows what its doing and has a lot of partner. Game for iOS are garbage in terms of hardware utilization with exception of IB2 and GT3. I use 3 Apps in my iPad and thats it lol.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
post #76 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by senslessenigma View Post

I'll take your word on amazon, but they're not in the market that apple is.
And Microsoft's EPS is 2.75, which is what I was talking about to begin with, so I don't know what point you're trying to make but it has nothing to do with my original post. In the end what is "too high"? The P/E ratio gauges the market's expectation of a company to grow in the future, so unless you have inside information it's not possible for you to know for a fact that apples P/E is too high. That's your opinion.
The point in my post was to show some numbers that are a fact, and you can word it however you want but it shows that apple does a good job of running their company which just so happens to produce tablets.
Last time I checked Microsoft doesn't produce tablets.

Earnings PER share = Net income, per share. Suppose Google has issued a total of 100 stocks, and it has $100 million in net income. WOW that's an EPS of $1 million! They must be the best company in existence! See how stupid your EPS argument is? Take a look at http://www.investopedia.com/ before you try to make an argument based on a company's financials again.

Basically EPS is the wrong indicator in this situation. Return on equity, profit margin, etc. are good indicators for how profitable a company is. YOY growth is even better. Further, citing Apple's EPS (or a valid indicator of Apple's income) is foolish considering they also make laptops, desktops, iPods, and iPhones. Perhaps stating that Apple sells the most tablets, or their revenue on profits is the highest would prove your point better.
 
Lanbox Lite
(16 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i3-2310M Intel HD 3000 8GB DDR3 Samsung 830 64GB SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
640GB Hitachi HDD Windows 7 13.3" LCD Magnesium Alloy, 3.2lbs 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 BE Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-UD2H MSI Hawk R5770 3x2GB G.Skill DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 250 GB WD Caviar Black Samsung 20X DVD-R/RW Thermaltake MaxOrb 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-B9-1600 Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ E2420HD, 24" 1920x1080 TT Purepower 500W 
Case
TT Lanbox Lite 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Lanbox Lite
(16 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i3-2310M Intel HD 3000 8GB DDR3 Samsung 830 64GB SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
640GB Hitachi HDD Windows 7 13.3" LCD Magnesium Alloy, 3.2lbs 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 BE Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-UD2H MSI Hawk R5770 3x2GB G.Skill DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 250 GB WD Caviar Black Samsung 20X DVD-R/RW Thermaltake MaxOrb 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-B9-1600 Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ E2420HD, 24" 1920x1080 TT Purepower 500W 
Case
TT Lanbox Lite 
  hide details  
Reply
post #77 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

I think Phone and Tab are at a point where Speed and specs are not really important. To me what you can do with them is more important and actual app support. iPhone 2G was original. Now so far they just took iPhone apps and made them "HD" and called it a day. On top of that games for these devices are next to no existent. I know that if you want to game you are better off with Tegra since Nvidia knows what its doing and has a lot of partner. Game for iOS are garbage in terms of hardware utilization with exception of IB2 and GT3. I use 3 Apps in my iPad and thats it lol.

I still can't figure out why a more than a couple decent games haven't been made for iphone/ipad, not as familiar with android but I assume it's the same. Especially considering what this whole thread is about, they're most definitely capable of running a great looking and in depth game. Why aren't more people making them?
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K MSI P67A-G43 GTX 460 SLI 8GB Patriot DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x WD Raptor 150Gb Raid 0 1x WD 1Tb Caviar Black XSPC Rasa RS240 LG 27" 1080p Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
XFX Pro 850W Corsair 500R White Logitech G9x Creative SoundBlaster x-fi Xtreme Music 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K MSI P67A-G43 GTX 460 SLI 8GB Patriot DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x WD Raptor 150Gb Raid 0 1x WD 1Tb Caviar Black XSPC Rasa RS240 LG 27" 1080p Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
XFX Pro 850W Corsair 500R White Logitech G9x Creative SoundBlaster x-fi Xtreme Music 
  hide details  
Reply
post #78 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkO View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino View Post

apple is never at the head of the game and trailing behind in all markets now.

I think the one trailing behind is you. rolleyes.gif

Let me bring you up to speed, it's the 21st century right now and it's 2012.


 

kiko, you always act like you know something...lol

 

 

Apple is behind on their laptops, desktops, tablets, phones, etc.  The so called great performance from their GPU still has given us Tegra 2 capable graphics.  Therotical performance means nothing...or the HD5970 would surpass the GTX580.

post #79 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtL1776 View Post

Who cares? 2048x1536? Its not Apple's tech. It will be LGs tech, because LG makes screens in all of Apple's products.

I'd take a 1900x1200 OLED or the Galaxy Tab 7.7, which in all reality is a OLED screen AM in AMOLED stands for Active Matrix ie PenTile and its not PenTile. To be fair though, OLED in a non touch screen implementation is better because the touch elements actually cause some the organic elements to light up.

Also enhancement to switch between apps faster? You mean swiping 4 fingers across the screen isn't fast? I swear Apple Fanboys talk about two finger scrolling being the greatest thing ever on laptops, you'd think doubling fingers again makes stuff even better I would think? Also in other words, they are going to copy Android.

In the end thank Android for competing tablet displays, because if you look at the 3GS screen, it was pretty terrible it was something like 300:1 contrast ratio vs the OG Droid was 1400:1.

Oh yeah just a reminder, we heard the same resolution same exact time last year.

In the end thank Apple for the highly competitive smartphone and tablet markets.
 
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel 3.06 GHz C2D Radeon HD4670 12GB 1067MHz DDR3 1TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
8x SuperDrive Air Air OS X 10.7.2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" 2560 x 1440 LED Wireless BT 310W PSU Aluminum Enclosure 
MouseMouse Pad
Magic Mouse None 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Maximus Formula NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 G.Skill 2x4GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3x 500GB WD  Lite-On Air Windows 7 x64 HP 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Gateway 24" 1900x1200 Razr Lycosa Corsair 750M Antec P180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razr DeathAdder Razr eXactMat Creative X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel 3.06 GHz C2D Radeon HD4670 12GB 1067MHz DDR3 1TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
8x SuperDrive Air Air OS X 10.7.2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" 2560 x 1440 LED Wireless BT 310W PSU Aluminum Enclosure 
MouseMouse Pad
Magic Mouse None 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Maximus Formula NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 G.Skill 2x4GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3x 500GB WD  Lite-On Air Windows 7 x64 HP 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Gateway 24" 1900x1200 Razr Lycosa Corsair 750M Antec P180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razr DeathAdder Razr eXactMat Creative X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #80 of 253
I wonder how long it will be before the iPhone gets a quad core chip/more ram. I recently had to jump back to an iPhone 4 due to multiple hardware issues with my Evo 3D. While I do think iDevices are pretty boring and controls could be better once I Jailbroke and made it more comfortable for my usage I'm really starting to enjoy the smoothness of the OS. My biggest complain about apples handheld devices is the space limitations and built in batteries. I use my phone a lot so not having the ability to simply slap in a new battery is really bothersome.

Still though I might just have to purchase myself one of these tablets to play with thumb.gif
Lenovo T420
(6 items)
 
  
CPURAMHard DriveHard Drive
Intel Core i5-2520M 4GB OCZ Vertex 4 120GB  Crucial M500 250GB 
OS
Ubuntu 14.04 
  hide details  
Reply
Lenovo T420
(6 items)
 
  
CPURAMHard DriveHard Drive
Intel Core i5-2520M 4GB OCZ Vertex 4 120GB  Crucial M500 250GB 
OS
Ubuntu 14.04 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [MR] iPad 3 with LTE, Quad-Core Processor and Retina Display Set for March Launch