Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [GamingBolt] Origin is required for all PC editions of Mass Effect 3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[GamingBolt] Origin is required for all PC editions of Mass Effect 3 - Page 54

post #531 of 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZainyAntics View Post

Honestly... That's a retarded reason not to get something. Why the hell do you care? Origin only uses 50mb of RAM for me and no CPU usage.
OH NOES!

i think the issue is that ea isn't giving people a choice(especially those of us who preorded a physical copy). its one thing to be competitive, its quite another to bend your potential customers over the proverbial barrel.
 
omnius
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 550 0J3492 NVIDIA GeForce 6800  Samsung  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung  maxtor seagate momentus seagate momentus 
CoolingOSKeyboardMouse
STOCK-ish tower thingy windows xp home dell WTFK logitech g700 
Audio
sound blaster audigy 2 ZS 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k asus p8z68-v pro gen3 evga geforce 570 superclocked corsair vengance low profile 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
seagate momentus seagate baracuda samsung 830 series LG bluray burner with 3d playback 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG dvd burner  cooler master hyper 212 EVO windows 7 ultimate 64bit dell u2312hm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
dell WTFK wireless corsair tx-750v2 cooler master haf 932 advanced logitech g700 wired 
Audio
creative soundblaster audigy II ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
 
omnius
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 550 0J3492 NVIDIA GeForce 6800  Samsung  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung  maxtor seagate momentus seagate momentus 
CoolingOSKeyboardMouse
STOCK-ish tower thingy windows xp home dell WTFK logitech g700 
Audio
sound blaster audigy 2 ZS 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k asus p8z68-v pro gen3 evga geforce 570 superclocked corsair vengance low profile 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
seagate momentus seagate baracuda samsung 830 series LG bluray burner with 3d playback 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG dvd burner  cooler master hyper 212 EVO windows 7 ultimate 64bit dell u2312hm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
dell WTFK wireless corsair tx-750v2 cooler master haf 932 advanced logitech g700 wired 
Audio
creative soundblaster audigy II ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #532 of 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZainyAntics View Post

Honestly... That's a retarded reason not to get something. Why the hell do you care? Origin only uses 50mb of RAM for me and no CPU usage.
OH NOES!

We don't care that it uses little to no resources its the fact that we get no option when we buy the game physically from a retail store to not use origin.

I haven't opened bf3 and origin since it came out. origin ruined ea games on pc for me. for them forcing origin on us I will never buy another EA that forces you to use origin aka spyware.
post #533 of 565
^right,i have finished the previous games, u can see that on ocn site are most complaining origin
in bioware site forum probably the mass effect argument is capable wider
on here the argument isnt even touching what is me 3
its origin
my rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k @4.6ghz  asus maximus vi hero MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB 4gb kingston xhyper 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
carvier vengeance 4gb cavier green 2tb samsung evo 850 250gb st3250 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noctua NF-P14 noctua nh-d14 win8 64bit lg ld550 32' 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SeaSonic x-750 sharkoon rebel 9 microsoft 6000 optical comfort asus xonar dx 
  hide details  
Reply
my rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k @4.6ghz  asus maximus vi hero MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB 4gb kingston xhyper 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
carvier vengeance 4gb cavier green 2tb samsung evo 850 250gb st3250 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noctua NF-P14 noctua nh-d14 win8 64bit lg ld550 32' 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SeaSonic x-750 sharkoon rebel 9 microsoft 6000 optical comfort asus xonar dx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #534 of 565
Valve does this with all of their games. You can't have a double standard where it's ok for one company to do it but not another.
post #535 of 565
Won't get it then.
My Rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.8 GHZ 1.33v  ASUS P8P67 PRO 3.0 Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7950 1000/1575 1.149v 12 GB Kingston DDR3 1600 MHZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston 96GB SSD  Caviar Green 1TB storage  Plextor PX-L890 SA 24x DVD-RW Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit IPS Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 24" Logitech G110 Corsair AX1200  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master HAF X Razer Deathadder Razer Goliathus Asus Xonar DG 
Audio
JVC HA-RX900  
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.8 GHZ 1.33v  ASUS P8P67 PRO 3.0 Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7950 1000/1575 1.149v 12 GB Kingston DDR3 1600 MHZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston 96GB SSD  Caviar Green 1TB storage  Plextor PX-L890 SA 24x DVD-RW Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit IPS Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 24" Logitech G110 Corsair AX1200  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master HAF X Razer Deathadder Razer Goliathus Asus Xonar DG 
Audio
JVC HA-RX900  
  hide details  
Reply
post #536 of 565
wow, just because of origin you people are not going to buy me3?

I am definitely going to buy the collector's edition.

Sent from my LT18i
Hephaestus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K AsRock Z77 Extreme4 XFX R9 390 DD 8GB Team DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 Seagate 1TB  WD Green 1TB Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 LG IPS236V Gigabyte Aivia Osmium (Red) Enermax Revolution Xt 530w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT S340 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Razer Sphex Hivi Swans M10 
AudioAudio
Audio Technica MSR7 Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Hephaestus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K AsRock Z77 Extreme4 XFX R9 390 DD 8GB Team DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 Seagate 1TB  WD Green 1TB Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 LG IPS236V Gigabyte Aivia Osmium (Red) Enermax Revolution Xt 530w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT S340 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Razer Sphex Hivi Swans M10 
AudioAudio
Audio Technica MSR7 Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #537 of 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisguitar View Post

We don't care that it uses little to no resources its the fact that we get no option when we buy the game physically from a retail store to not use origin.
I haven't opened bf3 and origin since it came out. origin ruined ea games on pc for me. for them forcing origin on us I will never buy another EA that forces you to use origin aka spyware.

I bought TF2 and CSS boxed way back when, and I "was forced" [your words] to use Steam. So what exactly is your point? It was done by Valve for their games yet it's fine, but when EA tries it, oh hell no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinny1 View Post

LOL can't believe people aren't buying awesome games just because of the distributor....just ridiculously silly... people need to get over it geez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascual View Post

Valve does this with all of their games. You can't have a double standard where it's ok for one company to do it but not another.
Yup and Yup.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus Maximus Impact VII Z97 EVGA GTX 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix VLP 2x8GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 256GB Seagate 1TB SSHD Lite-On eNAU108-111 Thermalright Ultra Extreme Black 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Professional Asus PB278Q Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Seasonic 760W Platinum 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CaseLabs Nova X2M Logitech G602 Razer Scarab Asus Sonar Impact II + AudioEngine A2 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus Maximus Impact VII Z97 EVGA GTX 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix VLP 2x8GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 256GB Seagate 1TB SSHD Lite-On eNAU108-111 Thermalright Ultra Extreme Black 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Professional Asus PB278Q Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Seasonic 760W Platinum 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CaseLabs Nova X2M Logitech G602 Razer Scarab Asus Sonar Impact II + AudioEngine A2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #538 of 565
I have less of an issue with Origin and more of an issue with the fact that it requires an active internet connection and has no offline mode. I've played the majority of singleplayers on my laptop (including the ME series) while traveling/etc where an internet connection wasn't available. I don't care if ME3 has multiplayer, when I play singleplayer/campaign I shouldn't have to be online and shouldn't need to carry around the game disc.

Origin is an anti-piracy measure, and like all anti-piracy measures the only thing it is successful at doing is screwing the genuine buyers.

If ME3 requires Origin, I won't be able to play it. Therefore I will not be spending money on the game. I will be forced to seek other ways to play one of my favorite game series.
Edited by Tippy - 1/29/12 at 7:07am
post #539 of 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkypoo7 View Post

I bought TF2 and CSS boxed way back when, and I "was forced" [your words] to use Steam. So what exactly is your point? It was done by Valve for their games yet it's fine, but when EA tries it, oh hell no?

Theirs a difference Valve hasn't once screwed people over for no reason, looked at their users computers personal information and documents, isn't greedy and cares about their consumers.

EA are just idiots for trying to take some market share off valve. They should have just left it the way it was.

TF2 and CS are god games.

bf3 sucks the big one.
post #540 of 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarm87 View Post

i think the issue is that ea isn't giving people a choice(especially those of us who preorded a physical copy). its one thing to be competitive, its quite another to bend your potential customers over the proverbial barrel.

All physical copies of steam-works games require steam, trust me, i buy all my games physical, and i have well over a dozen (Probably closer to two) that are steamworks games, despite being physical copies.

Value does the same thing, you can not blame EA for doing the same system as Valve. It is very hypocritical, otherwise.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [GamingBolt] Origin is required for all PC editions of Mass Effect 3