Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Discussion: Best gaming mouse
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Discussion: Best gaming mouse - Page 7

post #61 of 212
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crun View Post

G400 has a pretty high lod (2cds?), at least noticably higher than in storm spawn
tracking is really good tho

How about DA? is it the same LOD or lower?
post #62 of 212
Higher. near 3 CD's.
post #63 of 212
I actually have a question while you guys are on topic of the DA. Are there any versions of the DA thats not the soft plastic but a hard plastic like the xai.
Godhand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k @4.0ghz stock volts MSI P67-GD65 Evga Gtx 570 800/1600mhz (future sli) Corsair Vengeance 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 Spinpoint 1tb Basic Asus drive Windows 7 64 bit Lg FLATRON IPS236 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair Hx 850w Haf 922 Logitech G-500 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Alpha 
  hide details  
Reply
Godhand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k @4.0ghz stock volts MSI P67-GD65 Evga Gtx 570 800/1600mhz (future sli) Corsair Vengeance 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 Spinpoint 1tb Basic Asus drive Windows 7 64 bit Lg FLATRON IPS236 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair Hx 850w Haf 922 Logitech G-500 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Alpha 
  hide details  
Reply
post #64 of 212
Man this discussion is getting really deep into the stats, when what matters to is how the mouse feels and glides.

I have a G9 (not G9x) which is plenty of DPI for me. Despite it being the flagship Logitech gaming mouse, it doesn't work as well as it seems. I tend to get a lot of friction on the mousepad, and the grips to wear out rather quickly. My brother has owned a death adder and a logitech g500, which both tend to feel better and glide smoother on the mousepad. I wouldn't recommend the death adder because of durability reasons, however the g500 is a great mouse for gaming. It's probably better than the G9x, even though the G9x beats it statistically.

EDIT: However, reading back a little, I realize that you are a claw gripper. The g9(x) is a little better for that because the g500 is slightly bigger.
Edited by Rothen - 2/2/12 at 12:07pm
Ye Old Desktop
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.24 GHz ASUS M4A77D PNY GTX 470 7 GB DDR2 RAM 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
500 GB Hitachi 250 GB Maxtor (PATA) x16 DVD/CD RW Windows 7 Professional x68 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Hannspree HF255HPB Logitech G15 (2nd Gen) Corsair TX 650 V2 Antec 300 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9 Creative Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
Ye Old Desktop
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.24 GHz ASUS M4A77D PNY GTX 470 7 GB DDR2 RAM 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
500 GB Hitachi 250 GB Maxtor (PATA) x16 DVD/CD RW Windows 7 Professional x68 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Hannspree HF255HPB Logitech G15 (2nd Gen) Corsair TX 650 V2 Antec 300 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9 Creative Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #65 of 212
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothen View Post

I have a G9 (not G9x) which is plenty of DPI for me. Despite it being the flagship Logitech gaming mouse, it doesn't work as well as it seems. I tend to get a lot of friction on the mousepad, and the grips to wear out rather quickly. My brother has owned a death adder and a logitech g500, which both tend to feel better and glide smoother on the mousepad. I wouldn't recommend the death adder because of durability reasons, however the g500 is a great mouse for gaming. It's probably better than the G9x, even though the G9x beats it statistically.
EDIT: However, reading back a little, I realize that you are a claw gripper. The g9(x) is a little better for that because the g500 is slightly bigger.

Thanks for sharing your point of view mate. As of now, I am really excluding all laser mice from my shortlist. Maybe in the future when the sensors are not that screwed like they are now.

Quote:
Man this discussion is getting really deep into the stats, when what matters to is how the mouse feels and glides.

Wrong. its not just about how good a mouse glides, its about stats as well.
post #66 of 212
The Lod of the DA is easily fixable though
post #67 of 212
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferRising View Post

So I've been reading and reading and reading.... aaaaand reading and reading..
aaaaaand reading, so what I got from that reading and reading and reading is: G400v2 and DA = the best/flawless/greatest/perfect sensors in the world at this very moment.
  • no acceleration whatsoever
  • no jitter
  • great tracking
  • no prediction/angle snapping
  • great responsiveness
  • great sensor placement (centre)
  • long lasting build
  • low LOD (?) (for this one not sure)
these are the main/crucial/most important things that I need and G400v2 completely/fully delivers all these. Looks like DA does as well. (btw i see that you're referring to DA as DA 3.5G or something.. is it like a v2 of DA or its the same original release? All that reading and missed something important AGAIN mad.gif)
I like the shape of Kinzu and Zowie AM best, but I read that their sensors sucked big time, quite buggy.
So I guess Im buying G400v2... (or DA at the worst, but I doubt my hand will 'sit' perfectly on it)
Would you please give me these specs about DA, cuz i couldn't find them anywhere(on the official DA page I found only acceleration numbers and polling rate..
and tell me what sensors (like brand) they both use.. G400 Specs (Click to show)
G400 Specifications:
Tracking Resolution: 400–3600 dpi
Image processing: 5.8 megapixels/second
Max. acceleration: 25G*
Max. speed: 70–140* inches/second
Responsiveness
USB data format: 16 bit/axis
USB report rate: 1000/second
Sleep mode: Disabled
Glide Dynamic coefficient of friction – µ (k): .09**
Static coefficient of friction – µ (s): .14*
Total weight: 133 grams
Cord: 15 grams
Durability Button life: 10 million clicks
Feet: 250 kilometers
post #68 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferRising View Post

(btw i see that you're referring to DA as DA 3.5G or something.. is it like a v2 of DA or its the same original release? All that reading and missed something important AGAIN mad.gif)
Would you please give me these specs about DA, cuz i couldn't find them anywhere(on the official DA page I found only acceleration numbers and polling rate..
and tell me what sensors (like brand) they both use..

3.5G has different sensor than original 3G one.
Why you want specs? At least in my opinion they're not that important - the sensor is great.

Use this:

http://www.overclock.net/t/854100/ocn-mouse-reference-thread
Edited by cROKODILE - 2/3/12 at 6:30am
post #69 of 212
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cROKODILE View Post

3.5G has different sensor than original 3G one.
Why you want specs? At least in my opinion they're not that important - the sensor is great.

They are important to me.

thanks.
post #70 of 212
What if I tell you I beat G400 user with my G500 or before with my Xai, MX518(1800), DA(1800), 3.0, MX518(1600), 1.1? Mouse/sensor specs are important for sure, but if you're not comfortable with the shape, you'll definitely f*** up. F.e.: I got a new 3.0 for some days ago. Even though it still performs good in-game (in my opinion) it's not as comfortable as my G500 for me (400 cpi, 6/11, 2.2 in-game). All in all comfort is most important factor. Of course sensor should be decent enough.
Look at people like f0rest, neo etc. They give a **** about sepcs as long as the mouse shape is OK.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Discussion: Best gaming mouse