Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › What are your comments on this build?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What are your comments on this build?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Okay, so I'd like to get myself a decent build under 1,000$'s - I'm going to have to save, pretty heavily. So, this is what I have in-mind:

NZXT Source 210 Elite White
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146077

Asus P8Z68-V LGA 1155 Mobo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131781

Core i5 2500K (I like to OC.)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072

Zotac GTX 560 1GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500225

Corsair GS600W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139023

Corsair Hydro H70
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181019

G-skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1333
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231438

Crucial M4 64GB SSD SATA III
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148441


Fans:
5x Cooler Master Sickeflow 120 Greens: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103090

4x Cooler Master Sickleflow 120 Blues: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103060




Left Over parts used:

MSI N430GT MG1GD3-OC (My current GT430 1GB as Physx/Cuda).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127580





So, what do you think? I wanted a nice Blue/Green/White theme, mainly inspired by my friends 500R Build, that he's switching.
post #2 of 11
All good. May I ask why the case? And why 9 extra fans?
post #3 of 11
Those fans are crap imo b/c they are loud, even with a fan controller.

Get 1600MHz RAM

H-80 > H70

Case is up to you, everything else good smile.gif
post #4 of 11
get a Hyper 212+ and upgrade your GPU to 560 Ti, if you're on a budget (or not on a budget) the Hyper 212+ is more than good enough for anything you'll want to do. Then take the money you save and get a 560 Ti. Sacrifice the looks, you can't afford it, just get the nicest components you can and screw the looks. I don't care how my rig looks, as long as I get more FPS than you biggrin.gif
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
That case has 7x 120MM total fans possible, and I'm wanting to use all of the spaces. The two extra are for the H70.


No need for 1600Mhz RAM, especially since I worry about latency more than Mhz. It's not going to affect my PC performance, at all really.

Do you think a HD 6770, or a 6790 is a bit better?
post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
I used the Red LED Sickeflow before. They're not crap, actually. Yes, maybe a tad loud when you have the grills in front of the fan. With the grills cut out of the case, that fan makes minimal noise.
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvidia-Brownies View Post

That case has 7x 120MM total fans possible, and I'm wanting to use all of the spaces. The two extra are for the H70.

No need for 1600Mhz RAM, especially since I worry about latency more than Mhz. It's not going to affect my PC performance, at all really.

Do you think a HD 6770, or a 6790 is a bit better?

Sandy bridge is different than AMD's stuff, speeds matter more than timings for performance.

GTX 560 is better
Quote:
I used the Red LED Sickeflow before. They're not crap, actually. Yes, maybe a tad loud when you have the grills in front of the fan. With the grills cut out of the case, that fan makes minimal noise.
They are crap, I have 5, no fan grills...they suck, they even have a buzz at lower power
post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchuSaysBlessYou View Post

get a Hyper 212+ and upgrade your GPU to 560 Ti, if you're on a budget (or not on a budget) the Hyper 212+ is more than good enough for anything you'll want to do. Then take the money you save and get a 560 Ti. Sacrifice the looks, you can't afford it, just get the nicest components you can and screw the looks. I don't care how my rig looks, as long as I get more FPS than you biggrin.gif

I don't like the 212+, really. After using the Hyper TX3, I was really turned away from any Hyper series Cooler master coolers. I used an H50 for the longest time, and I loved it. I'm sticking the the Hydro series.
post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
Yeah, Intel is different. But keep in mind, will it really impact my timings? AMD is more Mhz Based, and Intel likes CAS Latencies lower. I'm keeping the DDR3 1333, since it's CAS 8 @ 1.5V's, compared to 1600 @ CAS 9 @ 1.5V's. It's a solid trade, if you ask me.
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvidia-Brownies View Post

Yeah, Intel is different. But keep in mind, will it really impact my timings? AMD is more Mhz Based, and Intel likes CAS Latencies lower. I'm keeping the DDR3 1333, since it's CAS 8 @ 1.5V's, compared to 1600 @ CAS 9 @ 1.5V's. It's a solid trade, if you ask me.

Wha? Umm, I don't think so.
2nd Rig
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
2nd Rig
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › What are your comments on this build?