Originally Posted by joshd
How many servers do you have no KB? Must be like a DC in your house. What's their roles also?
Well right now I'm using the following:
- x1 1U SuperMicro P4/Xeon - This is my TrixBox for my Nortel i2004 phones. Trixbox is in a VM that is ontop of Ubuntu
- x1 Custom made Intel Atom 330 Dual Core as a web server: Running Ubuntu Server
- x1 Custom made Intel E6400 as my 14TB File Server: Running Windows Server 2003
- x1 Sun Fire V100 setup as my SFTP server for people who want to perform backups remotely.: Running Solaris 11 Express
- x1 WatchGuard FireBox II as my firewall running m0n0wall
- x1 Symantec VPN100 on DMZ for my servers
- x1 TrendNet 26 Port Gigabit Switch
Not in use:
- x1 Dell Poweredge 4400; like I said I'm going to fiddle with Windows.
- x6 Sun Fire V100s still in my trunk. No idea on usage yet. But I'm going to research a cluster.
My wife use to complain when we live in an apartment, we bought our house almost a year ago. I laid claims for a single room and now that our family will be growing, I need to get this stuff into the basement. I'm hoping to get some decent pictures here, it's just messy in here now that I have the poweredge ripped apart.
Originally Posted by Cloudforever
haha oh dude, ive messed around with 6-8 servers that came in at one time at my shop.. it was from a coal power plant so you do the math lol, coal dust eeeeeverywhere, i used like 6 cans of air at least on this thing before i could even turn it on
Coal is really dirty. I can only imagine how disgusting they would have been.