Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Cooling › [Official] NVIDIA GPU Mod Club - AKA "The Mod"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GPU Mod Club - AKA "The Mod" - Page 191

post #1901 of 8630
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeNouTo View Post

my h70 comes tomorro! i'll post pics of my mod.
btw, anybody kno how to remove the fan from the heat plate on a vanilla gtx 570?
i tried unscrewing the (3) screws from behind but i couldn't push the fan off.. do i need to just push harder?

Can you post a pic please? We may be able to see where the problem is. smile.gif
post #1902 of 8630
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravinmild View Post

ive been lucky and my fans have been attached to the shroud

well what card do u have? cuz if it's like the 560 or 550 then that's alittle different
post #1903 of 8630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethy666 View Post

Can you post a pic please? We may be able to see where the problem is. smile.gif

alright i'll post pics en mass tomorro when i get my h70
post #1904 of 8630
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeNouTo View Post

alright i'll post pics en mass tomorro when i get my h70

I meant a pic of your card, so we try and see why you cant get the fan off smile.gif
post #1905 of 8630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethy666 View Post

I meant a pic of your card, so we try and see why you cant get the fan off smile.gif

ah yes. can't turn off my comp rite now, but i'll post a pic tomorro, when i install the h70. it won't get in the way, but aesthetically it's annoying lol.
post #1906 of 8630
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeNouTo View Post

ah yes. can't turn off my comp rite now, but i'll post a pic tomorro, when i install the h70. it won't get in the way, but aesthetically it's annoying lol.

Okee dokie smile.gif
post #1907 of 8630
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeNouTo View Post

well what card do u have? cuz if it's like the 560 or 550 then that's alittle different

zotac 560ti
asus 580 Matrix Platinum
post #1908 of 8630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakewalk_S View Post

Looks like your CPU needs some major cleaning man...
is that a 750w PSU? 2 480's on a 750w...uhh that's gotta be quite a stretch.
But that looks good!


Thanks. I went through several cases and the last one was cramped. See below, the Cooler Master Scout, which I'm putting my old build (tape modded intel Q6600 @ 3ghz) into.
700



Thank you for the input. I've since cleaned my cpu cooler. I did not clean it since moving my build into this new case.
496
post #1909 of 8630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycosin View Post

Thanks. I went through several cases and the last one was cramped. See below, the Cooler Master Scout, which I'm putting my old build (tape modded intel Q6600 @ 3ghz) into.
Thank you for the input. I've since cleaned my cpu cooler. I did not clean it since moving my build into this new case.

Much nicer. Excellent work there. thumb.gif
post #1910 of 8630
450
i was able to remove the fan from the heat plate, just took alot of extra pressure haha.



450
sanded, getting shiny =)



450
lol my package *finally* arrived!!


450

450

450
first attempt, using amd bracket, as you can see with this last pic, the bracket ran into the heat plate and the cooler was not in full contact with the core.
i found out the hard way when i benchmarked and my temps spiked to 68c in the first 5 seconds..
needless to say, i'm gonna use the full on zip tie method. tongue.gif


450

450

450
fully zipped, and fully functional =D


450
it shiny =3 me happy =3

i'm very pleased with the aesthetic features of this mod, however i'm kinda disappointed with the temps =/
i'm idling at 33c, and benchmarking gets me 59c, which is only a 5c improvement over stock.
granted i'm running 1.175v 950/2300 (gtx 570) but i'm wanting more lol tongue.gif

you guys hav any suggestions to improve temps? fan placement ideas?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Cooling › [Official] NVIDIA GPU Mod Club - AKA "The Mod"