Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Cooling › [Official] NVIDIA GPU Mod Club - AKA "The Mod"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GPU Mod Club - AKA "The Mod" - Page 298

post #2971 of 8626
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravinmild View Post

all a big block I bet you. im going over there right now and see what the peeps are saying about that sexy beast.thumb.gif
I just noticed... it's a dual slot card wth.gif

Why does Asus hate us for saving space on our motherboards? Could they not have designed it in a way that we could have fit a low profile or short card in the slot next to this card?
post #2972 of 8626
Managed to pick up an H80 on the cheap, so I'm gonna take the plunge and throw it on my 670FTW. Here's the parts I plan to use. Any suggestions/words of wisdom?

Bracket:
http://triptcc.com/product/h6080100-fan-bracket/

Heatsink for VRAM/VRMs:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835708012

Fan for bracket:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835426005
Pieced Together
(12 items)
 
Macbook Pro 13"
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2120 EVGA Z77 FTW EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX PNY 2x4Gb 1866 CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OWC Mercury Electra 240Gb CM Hyper TX3 Windows 10 LG 34UM95 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Keyboard Seasonic 430W Rosewill Challenger Logitech G302 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 4278U Iris 5100 8Gb DDR3 256Gb PCIe SSD 
OSOS
El Capitan Windows 10 
  hide details  
Reply
Pieced Together
(12 items)
 
Macbook Pro 13"
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2120 EVGA Z77 FTW EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX PNY 2x4Gb 1866 CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OWC Mercury Electra 240Gb CM Hyper TX3 Windows 10 LG 34UM95 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Keyboard Seasonic 430W Rosewill Challenger Logitech G302 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 4278U Iris 5100 8Gb DDR3 256Gb PCIe SSD 
OSOS
El Capitan Windows 10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2973 of 8626
Quote:
Originally Posted by estabya View Post

Managed to pick up an H80 on the cheap, so I'm gonna take the plunge and throw it on my 670FTW. Here's the parts I plan to use. Any suggestions/words of wisdom?
Bracket:
http://triptcc.com/product/h6080100-fan-bracket/
Heatsink for VRAM/VRMs:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835708012
Fan for bracket:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835426005
You'll probably want to go for lower profile ramsinks. I have no idea which ones people are using, but they are a lot lower profile than those ones. A lot of people seem to be using the copper ones that looks like waffles, which I cannot seem to find.

Everything else looks good.
post #2974 of 8626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

You'll probably want to go for lower profile ramsinks. I have no idea which ones people are using, but they are a lot lower profile than those ones. A lot of people seem to be using the copper ones that looks like waffles, which I cannot seem to find.
Everything else looks good.

Dang. I already ordered them doh.gif I did notice that they were sorta tall so I was planning on mounting the fan on the back of the bracket rather than right against the board. If they still don't fit I will have to order some different ones or possibly cut them down. I will see what happens when it all arrives.
Pieced Together
(12 items)
 
Macbook Pro 13"
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2120 EVGA Z77 FTW EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX PNY 2x4Gb 1866 CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OWC Mercury Electra 240Gb CM Hyper TX3 Windows 10 LG 34UM95 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Keyboard Seasonic 430W Rosewill Challenger Logitech G302 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 4278U Iris 5100 8Gb DDR3 256Gb PCIe SSD 
OSOS
El Capitan Windows 10 
  hide details  
Reply
Pieced Together
(12 items)
 
Macbook Pro 13"
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2120 EVGA Z77 FTW EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX PNY 2x4Gb 1866 CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OWC Mercury Electra 240Gb CM Hyper TX3 Windows 10 LG 34UM95 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Keyboard Seasonic 430W Rosewill Challenger Logitech G302 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 4278U Iris 5100 8Gb DDR3 256Gb PCIe SSD 
OSOS
El Capitan Windows 10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2975 of 8626
Quote:
Originally Posted by estabya View Post

Dang. I already ordered them doh.gif I did notice that they were sorta tall so I was planning on mounting the fan on the back of the bracket rather than right against the board. If they still don't fit I will have to order some different ones or possibly cut them down. I will see what happens when it all arrives.
They might fit, I've never used ramsinks, so I have no idea.

If they don't fit get your dremel out. tongue.gif
post #2976 of 8626
Yeah I'm sure I can make it work thumb.gif I'm pretty stoked. Can't wait for everything to get here so I can do some crazy OCing.
Pieced Together
(12 items)
 
Macbook Pro 13"
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2120 EVGA Z77 FTW EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX PNY 2x4Gb 1866 CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OWC Mercury Electra 240Gb CM Hyper TX3 Windows 10 LG 34UM95 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Keyboard Seasonic 430W Rosewill Challenger Logitech G302 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 4278U Iris 5100 8Gb DDR3 256Gb PCIe SSD 
OSOS
El Capitan Windows 10 
  hide details  
Reply
Pieced Together
(12 items)
 
Macbook Pro 13"
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2120 EVGA Z77 FTW EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX PNY 2x4Gb 1866 CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OWC Mercury Electra 240Gb CM Hyper TX3 Windows 10 LG 34UM95 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Keyboard Seasonic 430W Rosewill Challenger Logitech G302 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 4278U Iris 5100 8Gb DDR3 256Gb PCIe SSD 
OSOS
El Capitan Windows 10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2977 of 8626
Quote:
Originally Posted by estabya View Post

Yeah I'm sure I can make it work thumb.gif I'm pretty stoked. Can't wait for everything to get here so I can do some crazy OCing.
These coolers can handle a lot. Mine can keep my 480 running OC scanner under 80 degrees at 1100mV, which is good because it starts to artifact if it gets over 80 degrees.
post #2978 of 8626
Nice. I'm hoping I can get a good OC. I can hit 1090mhz base and 1200 boost right now (under 70C with custom fan curve) so hopefully this mod will treat me well.
Pieced Together
(12 items)
 
Macbook Pro 13"
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2120 EVGA Z77 FTW EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX PNY 2x4Gb 1866 CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OWC Mercury Electra 240Gb CM Hyper TX3 Windows 10 LG 34UM95 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Keyboard Seasonic 430W Rosewill Challenger Logitech G302 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 4278U Iris 5100 8Gb DDR3 256Gb PCIe SSD 
OSOS
El Capitan Windows 10 
  hide details  
Reply
Pieced Together
(12 items)
 
Macbook Pro 13"
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2120 EVGA Z77 FTW EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX PNY 2x4Gb 1866 CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OWC Mercury Electra 240Gb CM Hyper TX3 Windows 10 LG 34UM95 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Keyboard Seasonic 430W Rosewill Challenger Logitech G302 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 4278U Iris 5100 8Gb DDR3 256Gb PCIe SSD 
OSOS
El Capitan Windows 10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2979 of 8626
Quote:
Originally Posted by estabya View Post

Nice. I'm hoping I can get a good OC. I can hit 1090mhz base and 1200 boost right now (under 70C with custom fan curve) so hopefully this mod will treat me well.

My EVGA GTX 670 4GB FTW runs at 1200MHz normally now. I have the Power set to 145%. It's no more than 25c delta from room temp.100% power setting is 10c cooler.
Check it out: http://www.overclock.net/t/1203528/official-nvidia-gpu-mod-club-aka-the-mod/2680#post_18842825
PappyBogus
(0 items)
  
Reply
PappyBogus
(0 items)
  
Reply
post #2980 of 8626
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDad View Post

My EVGA GTX 670 4GB FTW runs at 1200MHz normally now. I have the Power set to 145%. It's no more than 25c delta from room temp.100% power setting is 10c cooler.
Check it out: http://www.overclock.net/t/1203528/official-nvidia-gpu-mod-club-aka-the-mod/2680#post_18842825

OMG that is awesome! I cannot wait for this!
Pieced Together
(12 items)
 
Macbook Pro 13"
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2120 EVGA Z77 FTW EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX PNY 2x4Gb 1866 CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OWC Mercury Electra 240Gb CM Hyper TX3 Windows 10 LG 34UM95 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Keyboard Seasonic 430W Rosewill Challenger Logitech G302 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 4278U Iris 5100 8Gb DDR3 256Gb PCIe SSD 
OSOS
El Capitan Windows 10 
  hide details  
Reply
Pieced Together
(12 items)
 
Macbook Pro 13"
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2120 EVGA Z77 FTW EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX PNY 2x4Gb 1866 CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OWC Mercury Electra 240Gb CM Hyper TX3 Windows 10 LG 34UM95 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Keyboard Seasonic 430W Rosewill Challenger Logitech G302 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 4278U Iris 5100 8Gb DDR3 256Gb PCIe SSD 
OSOS
El Capitan Windows 10 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Cooling › [Official] NVIDIA GPU Mod Club - AKA "The Mod"