Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Cooling › [Official] NVIDIA GPU Mod Club - AKA "The Mod"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GPU Mod Club - AKA "The Mod" - Page 323

post #3221 of 8626
The new Antec 620 (V4) looks a bit different.
Which 620 is better for this mod?

post #3222 of 8626
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshu View Post

The new Antec 620 (V4) looks a bit different.
Which 620 is better for this mod?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I have the new one (the one on the right) and am seeing great temps. At idle, I sit between 19 and 23 celcius. Under load (or with furmark), I've yet to see higher than 45 celcius!

post #3223 of 8626
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfrank View Post

I have the new one (the one on the right) and am seeing great temps. At idle, I sit between 19 and 23 celcius. Under load (or with furmark), I've yet to see higher than 45 celcius!


I believe the new one is the one on the left smile.gif
post #3224 of 8626
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshu View Post

I believe the new one is the one on the left smile.gif

Hmm, I'll take another look at mine and see if I was wrong about the one I have and let you know!
post #3225 of 8626
My 570 keeps overheating its not the gpu temps themselves but the componants nearest the power inputs get really hot to touch yet the rest of the PCB is perfect and cool....

Idle GPU temps are around 28 degrees - 34 degrees and load from 42-54 degrees full load..

Any ideas would be helpful im making a video now to show exactly were the heat is coming from so when thats uploaded ill link you here.

Any help would be great thanks
post #3226 of 8626
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRAMPAGE572 View Post

My 570 keeps overheating its not the gpu temps themselves but the componants nearest the power inputs get really hot to touch yet the rest of the PCB is perfect and cool....

Idle GPU temps are around 28 degrees - 34 degrees and load from 42-54 degrees full load..

Any ideas would be helpful im making a video now to show exactly were the heat is coming from so when thats uploaded ill link you here.

Any help would be great thanks
It's probably shutting down because the VRMs are too hot; put some fans next to your card.
post #3227 of 8626
vrms getting hot lol there's 3 fans running at 100% the card shouldn't be hot at all, my video is almost up ill edit this post and link it here
post #3228 of 8626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

It's probably shutting down because the VRMs are too hot; put some fans next to your card.

Theres my problem in a nut shell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRrHVsKYpVA
post #3229 of 8626
It looks like you don't have heatsinks on your Voltage Regulator Modules. I'm not sure with the accelero but I'm pretty sure you're supposed to put those extra heatsinks you put on components that are not the Video RAM (black memory chips around the GPU) on the VRMs.

The VRMs are those little chips at the end of your card that you pointed out and were unsure about in the video. As the name suggests they regulate voltage and will blow up if they overheat before the card turns off. However, with the number of heatsinks you have and the airflow from the accelero I'm surprised this is a problem.

Other options if heatsinks don't do the trick - better case fans, change accelero fans from pull to push (or vice versa), replace accelero fans with better fans, stick a fan in your case blowing air at the back of the PCB...
Edited by claes - 1/23/13 at 11:08am
finally quiet
(20 items)
 
Peggy
(11 items)
 
Betty - WIP
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-760 3.8 + turbo MSI P55-GD80 MSI GTX 970 Golden Edition 16GB Tactical LP 1600 c8 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB OCZ Agility 60GB Spinpoint F3 1TB Noctua NH-U12P SE2 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
2x NF-P12, CPU OS X 10.10, 8.1 Ultimate Asus VW246H Ergotron Neo-Flex 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Quick Fire Rapid EVGA Supernova G2 850W Silverstone FT-02W CM Spawn 
AudioAudioAudio
Sony TA-AX380 Sennheiser HD 280 KLH 911B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3-2125 GA-H61N USB3 HD3000 8GB Samsung Miracle RAM 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston 60GB 3ware/LSI 9750-4i Hitachi 5k3000 2TB x4 RAID 5 Intel for now 
OSPowerCase
OS X 10.8.2 Corsiar CX430M Fractal Design Node 304 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3-2100 ASUS P8H67-M PRO/CSM ASUS Passive GT 440 4GB Dominator 1600 c8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Hitachi 120GB 2.5" LG BR-RW CM GeminII S + NF-P12 2x NF-R8 - Intake 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
NF-B9 Windows 7 Sony KDL-46NX700 MK700 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec EA-650 Zalman HD160XT, Modded MK700 Yamaha RX-V373 
  hide details  
Reply
finally quiet
(20 items)
 
Peggy
(11 items)
 
Betty - WIP
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-760 3.8 + turbo MSI P55-GD80 MSI GTX 970 Golden Edition 16GB Tactical LP 1600 c8 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB OCZ Agility 60GB Spinpoint F3 1TB Noctua NH-U12P SE2 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
2x NF-P12, CPU OS X 10.10, 8.1 Ultimate Asus VW246H Ergotron Neo-Flex 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Quick Fire Rapid EVGA Supernova G2 850W Silverstone FT-02W CM Spawn 
AudioAudioAudio
Sony TA-AX380 Sennheiser HD 280 KLH 911B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3-2125 GA-H61N USB3 HD3000 8GB Samsung Miracle RAM 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston 60GB 3ware/LSI 9750-4i Hitachi 5k3000 2TB x4 RAID 5 Intel for now 
OSPowerCase
OS X 10.8.2 Corsiar CX430M Fractal Design Node 304 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3-2100 ASUS P8H67-M PRO/CSM ASUS Passive GT 440 4GB Dominator 1600 c8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Hitachi 120GB 2.5" LG BR-RW CM GeminII S + NF-P12 2x NF-R8 - Intake 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
NF-B9 Windows 7 Sony KDL-46NX700 MK700 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec EA-650 Zalman HD160XT, Modded MK700 Yamaha RX-V373 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3230 of 8626
Quote:
Originally Posted by claes View Post

It looks like you don't have heatsinks on your Voltage Regulator Modules. I'm not sure with the accelero but I'm pretty sure you're supposed to put those extra heatsinks you put on components that are not the Video RAM (black memory chips around the GPU) on the VRMs.

The VRMs are those little chips at the end of your card that you pointed out and were unsure about in the video. As the name suggests they regulate voltage and will blow up if they overheat before the card turns off. However, with the number of heatsinks you have and the airflow from the accelero I'm surprised this is a problem.

Other options if heatsinks don't do the trick - better case fans, change accelero fans from pull to push (or vice versa), replace accelero fans with better fans, stick a fan in your case blowing air at the back of the PCB...
Ok thanks and you mean the black chips at the top near the power or... because i have heatsinks on the black chips next to the R125 chips or whatever but none at the top..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Cooling › [Official] NVIDIA GPU Mod Club - AKA "The Mod"