Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Cooling › [Official] NVIDIA GPU Mod Club - AKA "The Mod"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GPU Mod Club - AKA "The Mod" - Page 339

post #3381 of 8622
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshu View Post

41c during Kombustor Benchmark, same as memory temp.

What?! 41C ambient temp?! One cannot live with that! Hotter than a sick person.
post #3382 of 8622
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

What?! 41C ambient temp?! One cannot live with that! Hotter than a sick person.

GPU Ambient in Aida64 says 41c during full load smile.gif

Probably around 20c in the house thumb.gif
post #3383 of 8622
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Oh ok, thanks for the info. But still, there was never a "lidded" GTX 670 redface.gif

My bad, my 460 had a lid so I thought some models of the 670 might come out without a lid.
post #3384 of 8622
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshu View Post

GPU Ambient in Aida64 says 41c during full load smile.gif

Probably around 20c in the house thumb.gif

Lol. Then 51C is kinda high. My ambient temp is 31C and I OCCT GPU:3D reaches only up to 54C. We have a big difference in ambient temps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abandoned View Post

My bad, my 460 had a lid so I thought some models of the 670 might come out without a lid.

No worries. What temps are you getting again?
post #3385 of 8622
Ambient is 28 C and load is 48 max after 12 Hours of full load 110% Power
post #3386 of 8622
Just done the mod on a GTX 670 4GB,

Idle temps 23c and max load 45c (: Using the smaller Dwood bracket.

post #3387 of 8622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abandoned View Post

Ambient is 28 C and load is 48 max after 12 Hours of full load 110% Power

What kind of full load?

12 hours is too much for a stress test for a GPU, really! You're destroying your card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomstick777 View Post

Just done the mod on a GTX 670 4GB,

Idle temps 23c and max load 45c (: Using the smaller Dwood bracket.


That seems to be quite high. My idle temp is 29C and my max load is 46C with an ambient of around 29~30C. Those are Heaven full load temps.
post #3388 of 8622
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

What kind of full load?

12 hours is too much for a stress test for a GPU, really! You're destroying your card.
That seems to be quite high. My idle temp is 29C and my max load is 46C with an ambient of around 29~30C. Those are Heaven full load temps.

Yeah normal furmark on max. not sure how 12 hours going to hurt the card, overstress? . If it fails in the future I will probably replace it.
post #3389 of 8622
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

What kind of full load?

12 hours is too much for a stress test for a GPU, really! You're destroying your card.
That seems to be quite high. My idle temp is 29C and my max load is 46C with an ambient of around 29~30C. Those are Heaven full load temps.

Can you elaborate? Is 12 hours, straight out of the gate, just too hard to push it at max load?
Nina (Retired)
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 ASRock 970 PRO3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
Crucial M4 SSD WD Black 1TB Corsair H60 CLC HANNS-G HG281D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid 600W Cooler Master SilentPro Corsair Carbide 200R MadCatz Cyborg R.A.T. 3 
  hide details  
Reply
Nina (Retired)
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 ASRock 970 PRO3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
Crucial M4 SSD WD Black 1TB Corsair H60 CLC HANNS-G HG281D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid 600W Cooler Master SilentPro Corsair Carbide 200R MadCatz Cyborg R.A.T. 3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3390 of 8622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abandoned View Post

Yeah normal furmark on max. not sure how 12 hours going to hurt the card, overstress? . If it fails in the future I will probably replace it.
Furmark is so heavily optimized that it can use more than the card's max TDP, damaging the VRMs and possibly the core.

Furmark is also the worst stability test in existence; it doesn't test stability very well and it uses much more power than any real life usage.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Cooling › [Official] NVIDIA GPU Mod Club - AKA "The Mod"