Originally Posted by stuckinasquare3
This is super interesting! I didn't read all 400+ pages of this so I apologize if this has already been answered but I had a few questions:
1) are people buying custom brackets for this still? And from where/whom?
2) how does the thickness of the card plus block tend to compare to the card plus stock cooler? I ask because I have an asus 670 gtx which is pretty fat, maybe 1.5 inches but I'm not sure, and I have an older motherboard that supports sli but I physically couldn't fit two of these cards next to each other...
3) I have a level 10gt case which has a side intake fan. Would this be sufficiently cool vrams?
1) Dwood is MIA, so nobody is ordering his brackets anymore. If you want a bracket then check out Sigma Cool by chmodlabs or wait for a mainstream bracket from NZXT (YouTube - personally I'm waiting for one as they look nicer and have a fan mount).
2) Thickness for pumps like the Corsair Hydro series will take up 2 slots just like most stock coolers. A little less if I remember right.
3) Your card won't die, but it wouldn't hurt to zip-tie a 92mm/80mm fan to the card (or use the mount on the upcoming NZXT GPU bracket).