Unfortunately, I only got one of my Zalman LQ320's installed tonight since Dwood only included enough hardware for one bracket (DOH!). I need to figure out what size bolts/nuts I need to do the second card before I can get that one done. I also needed to modify the front of the Arc Midi R2 just a bit (new holes) in order to squeeze in both Zalman LQ320's due to their non-standard 120mm shape.
That said, I'm extremely happy with the results on the primary gpu... THE RESULTS ARE ABSOLUTELY SICK!!!BEFORE
2 x Powercolor 7870XT Myst in Crossfire @ 1100/1500 after a Unigine Valley run, ambient temp is 26C:GPU1: 101C Core, 114C VRM
GPU2: 87C Core, 96C VRMAFTER
2 x Powercolor 7870XT Myst in Crossfire @ 1100/1500 after a Unigine Valley run, ambient temp is 23C:GPU1: 43C Core, 89C VRM
GPU2: 81C Core, 87C VRM
As you can see, with only a 3C drop in ambient temperature, the Red Mod on my primary card dropped the core temp by 58C!!! and, it dropped the VRM temp by 25C!!!
Ummm... HELLO!!!! RI-DIC-U-LOUS!!!! As an added bonus, the temps on both my secondary gpu and cpu also dropped since the entire system doesn't get as hot! Each of those dropped by about 6C or 7C!Process for GPU1
1. Added Zalman LQ320 with (2) 120mm Scythe Gentle Typhoons in Push/Pull
2. Added 8 x heatsinks to memory
3. Added 2 x mosfets for the tiny chips on far right side of the card (what are they?!)
4. Added fresh TIM under the stock VRM heatsink
5. Added GELID Solutions Slim 12 PL 120mm Blue LED PWM Fan on Dwood bracket -- these fans are only 15.8mm wide, but they'll push 52cfm!
6. Added GELID 4pin VGA Fan adapter in order to use the GPU's fan header for speed control
Seriously, this is unreal... I can't wait to do the second card!
A few pics...Edited by paleh0rse14 - 5/21/13 at 11:27pm