Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Phantom 410 Mid-Tower Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Phantom 410 Mid-Tower Owner's Club - Page 259

Poll Results: [NEW POLL] What Color do you have/will you get?

 
  • 24% (164)
    White
  • 9% (65)
    Red
  • 20% (134)
    Black
  • 5% (34)
    SE White/Blue
  • 3% (21)
    SE Black/White
  • 9% (65)
    SE Black/Orange
  • 22% (151)
    SE Gunmetal
  • 3% (26)
    Modded
660 Total Votes  
post #2581 of 5801
Hello guys. is it really worth it get the 410 than the full tower? In my place, the price gap is only about 2$.
I really like the fan placement of the 410(2x120 front+removable hdd cage) than the full tower(1x140)
BTW, I have no plans of custom LCS. biggrin.gif

Thanks
My PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo E8400 Asus P5QL-PRO Inno3d GTX 560 Kingston 4gb(2x2) 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 1TB Caviar Black LG DVD 24x SATA Cooler Master TX3 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer x193HQ 18.5 LCD Logitech mk250 Acbel R8 Power 610w Lancool PC-K63 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech mx518 Rantopad H3 
  hide details  
Reply
My PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo E8400 Asus P5QL-PRO Inno3d GTX 560 Kingston 4gb(2x2) 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 1TB Caviar Black LG DVD 24x SATA Cooler Master TX3 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer x193HQ 18.5 LCD Logitech mk250 Acbel R8 Power 610w Lancool PC-K63 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech mx518 Rantopad H3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2582 of 5801
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian0729 View Post

Hello guys. is it really worth it get the 410 than the full tower? In my place, the price gap is only about 2$.
I really like the fan placement of the 410(2x120 front+removable hdd cage) than the full tower(1x140)
BTW, I have no plans of custom LCS. biggrin.gif
Thanks

If the price difference is that small just get the 1 you think looks the best. Since you aren't going to water cool you don't really need the extra room, right? I keep my case on my desk and I didn't need the extra room of the full size Phantom so I went with the 410 and love it.
post #2583 of 5801
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILNOK View Post

If the price difference is that small just get the 1 you think looks the best. Since you aren't going to water cool you don't really need the extra room, right? I keep my case on my desk and I didn't need the extra room of the full size Phantom so I went with the 410 and love it.

Exactly. Thanks for the response biggrin.gif
So phantom 410 it is then.
Aside from that, I'm very lazy at cleaning my case. And most of the air intakes from the full tower is from the side panel. Which is very hard to clean(unscrew-clean-put it back)
My PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo E8400 Asus P5QL-PRO Inno3d GTX 560 Kingston 4gb(2x2) 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 1TB Caviar Black LG DVD 24x SATA Cooler Master TX3 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer x193HQ 18.5 LCD Logitech mk250 Acbel R8 Power 610w Lancool PC-K63 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech mx518 Rantopad H3 
  hide details  
Reply
My PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo E8400 Asus P5QL-PRO Inno3d GTX 560 Kingston 4gb(2x2) 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 1TB Caviar Black LG DVD 24x SATA Cooler Master TX3 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer x193HQ 18.5 LCD Logitech mk250 Acbel R8 Power 610w Lancool PC-K63 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech mx518 Rantopad H3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2584 of 5801
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian0729 View Post

Hello guys. is it really worth it get the 410 than the full tower? In my place, the price gap is only about 2$.
I really like the fan placement of the 410(2x120 front+removable hdd cage) than the full tower(1x140)
BTW, I have no plans of custom LCS. biggrin.gif
Thanks

I agree with EVILNOK. Me, I'd just wait a little more for the new phantom, believed to be out on October. Only if it looks better, though biggrin.gif
Mach
(9 items)
 
AkaRed Ultimate
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 ECS A880GM-A3 XFX 5850 G.Skill RipjawsX 2x2Gb 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Samsung Lightscribe DVD-RW Deepcool Ice Blade Pro Windows 7 Ultimate 
PowerCaseAudio
Aerocool Strike X 600w Segotep C2R Logitech X540 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K Asus Maximus VI Extreme EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16Gb (4x4Gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Corsair Neutron GTX 220Gb Swiftech H220 Corsair 860 Platinum NZXT Phantom 820 
  hide details  
Reply
Mach
(9 items)
 
AkaRed Ultimate
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 ECS A880GM-A3 XFX 5850 G.Skill RipjawsX 2x2Gb 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Samsung Lightscribe DVD-RW Deepcool Ice Blade Pro Windows 7 Ultimate 
PowerCaseAudio
Aerocool Strike X 600w Segotep C2R Logitech X540 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K Asus Maximus VI Extreme EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16Gb (4x4Gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Corsair Neutron GTX 220Gb Swiftech H220 Corsair 860 Platinum NZXT Phantom 820 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2585 of 5801
Something to keep in mind when deciding between the two . . . . (aside from the new Phantom coming out that I'd at least wait to see)

The 410 is essentially left handed . . . that is, the door opens "away" when the machine is to your left.

The door opens exactly 90 degrees, so that there is no extra clearance for your hand / fingers if you have the machine to your right and have to reach past / around the open door to the bay area.

On the other hand

The Phantom is essentially right handed, in that the door opens to the right and "away" from you with the machine on your right. (the more common setup)

Additionally, the phantom door opens much more than 90 degrees, so if you have to access the bay area frequently, it's really more convenient.

The additional amount of door opening also allows the phantom to be "left handed friendly" much more so than the 410 is "right handed friendly".

I have both the 410 and phantoms, and to me, the 410 just embodies too many compromises to meet a price point. It's cute, it's nice, and it has great airflow, but I won't build another one.


Darlene
post #2586 of 5801
Anyone play MINECRAFT?

LL
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX8120 Eight Core 3.1GHz AsRock 990FX Extreme3 Nvidia GTX470 Corsair 16GB 1600 Gold (Quad) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 120gb SATA3 Generic gash Arctic Freezer Xtreme rev.2 4 NZXT 120mm, 2 NZXT 140mm 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Samsung Sycmaster 24" BenQ 22" Logi G15 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX650 NZXT Phantom 410, White / Black / 24K Gold Logi MX518 Cambridge Sound Lab 
Other
2.5" thick Solid Beech - hand made desk (by me) 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX8120 Eight Core 3.1GHz AsRock 990FX Extreme3 Nvidia GTX470 Corsair 16GB 1600 Gold (Quad) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 120gb SATA3 Generic gash Arctic Freezer Xtreme rev.2 4 NZXT 120mm, 2 NZXT 140mm 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Samsung Sycmaster 24" BenQ 22" Logi G15 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX650 NZXT Phantom 410, White / Black / 24K Gold Logi MX518 Cambridge Sound Lab 
Other
2.5" thick Solid Beech - hand made desk (by me) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2587 of 5801
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJSdanger View Post

Anyone play MINECRAFT?
LL

Lookin good! I love minecraft.
Project Juniper
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom 955 4.2ghz 24/7 msi 870a fuzion power edition 10+1 phase EVGA gtx 460 768 2x4gb kingston hyper-x genisis 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
seagate 7200 rpm 320gb none nzxt havik 140 H60 with dwood bracket 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
win 7 pro 64 bit hp 2009m logitech 360 rosewill hive 550 
CaseMouse
nzxt phantom 410 white  logitech anywhere mx 
  hide details  
Reply
Project Juniper
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom 955 4.2ghz 24/7 msi 870a fuzion power edition 10+1 phase EVGA gtx 460 768 2x4gb kingston hyper-x genisis 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
seagate 7200 rpm 320gb none nzxt havik 140 H60 with dwood bracket 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
win 7 pro 64 bit hp 2009m logitech 360 rosewill hive 550 
CaseMouse
nzxt phantom 410 white  logitech anywhere mx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2588 of 5801
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT Diva View Post

Something to keep in mind when deciding between the two . . . . (aside from the new Phantom coming out that I'd at least wait to see)
The 410 is essentially left handed . . . that is, the door opens "away" when the machine is to your left.
The door opens exactly 90 degrees, so that there is no extra clearance for your hand / fingers if you have the machine to your right and have to reach past / around the open door to the bay area.
On the other hand
The Phantom is essentially right handed, in that the door opens to the right and "away" from you with the machine on your right. (the more common setup)
Additionally, the phantom door opens much more than 90 degrees, so if you have to access the bay area frequently, it's really more convenient.
The additional amount of door opening also allows the phantom to be "left handed friendly" much more so than the 410 is "right handed friendly".
I have both the 410 and phantoms, and to me, the 410 just embodies too many compromises to meet a price point. It's cute, it's nice, and it has great airflow, but I won't build another one.
Darlene

That's a very valid point, I wanted my window to be visible to me, otherwise why the hell have a window. Then I realized the door opened the seemingly 'wrong' way. I would love to be able to see the NZXT hue I installed easier but honestly I haven't been bothered by reaching under the door or even over it to get a cd. i can reach my hue adjustment knobs just fine, and my cd tray. yeah it would feel nicer with the hinges on the other side and I wonder why they thought of everything but this little quirk, but perhaps they thought people would want the tower on the left to show off to others as they work. I don't know.

Not a huge quibble in my opinion but i did like the side window(s) more than that on the full-size phantom. not to mention this is by far big enough for me and my desk. the phantom would have been a bit over-done in my opinion, at least for my situation.
I'm excited for the new case even though I'd by no means get one because I just spent all my dough on this PC, but if you can wait a couple weeks perhaps look at it, and be a guinea pig for the next edition!
post #2589 of 5801
Hi guys, I'm on the verge of getting this case but I just need to clear up something. I've heard a lot about a fan noise issue that the 410 seems to suffer. Is this a serious problem or can I just keep the fan speed on low without any issues? Thanks in advance.
post #2590 of 5801
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroomwig View Post

Hi guys, I'm on the verge of getting this case but I just need to clear up something. I've heard a lot about a fan noise issue that the 410 seems to suffer. Is this a serious problem or can I just keep the fan speed on low without any issues? Thanks in advance.
yes you can keep the fan speed low without any issues just my fan issue was the fact that the fans themselves create the noise the stock ones do

you can keep it low and high but the sound would be only at meduim
 
Marylin
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k asus cheap ass motherboard gtx 670 ftw corsair vengence 8 gigs 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsiar force 3 light on coolermaster hyper evo windows 7 
CaseMouseAudio
phantom 410 modified rat 7 1 million dollor souround system sometimes when... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k asus p77 evga 670ftw corsair vengance  
CoolingOS
liquid cooling  windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Marylin
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k asus cheap ass motherboard gtx 670 ftw corsair vengence 8 gigs 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsiar force 3 light on coolermaster hyper evo windows 7 
CaseMouseAudio
phantom 410 modified rat 7 1 million dollor souround system sometimes when... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k asus p77 evga 670ftw corsair vengance  
CoolingOS
liquid cooling  windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Phantom 410 Mid-Tower Owner's Club