Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Phantom 410 Mid-Tower Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Phantom 410 Mid-Tower Owner's Club - Page 525

Poll Results: [NEW POLL] What Color do you have/will you get?

 
  • 24% (164)
    White
  • 9% (65)
    Red
  • 20% (134)
    Black
  • 5% (34)
    SE White/Blue
  • 3% (21)
    SE Black/White
  • 9% (65)
    SE Black/Orange
  • 22% (151)
    SE Gunmetal
  • 3% (26)
    Modded
660 Total Votes  
post #5241 of 5801
Have you ever tried RAMDisk? with that much memory it is very feasible.
post #5242 of 5801
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpPrism View Post

Have you ever tried RAMDisk? with that much memory it is very feasible.

Personally I am not a Fan of RAMDisk, I have no use for it whatsoever. (Except maybe virtual machines...)
post #5243 of 5801
Transfer to my new Phantom 410!
There's a lot more space than my Fractal Define Mini which didn't have space for a H100i.

Really liking the case so far.

post #5244 of 5801
Quote:
Originally Posted by zantensuken View Post

Transfer to my new Phantom 410!
There's a lot more space than my Fractal Define Mini which didn't have space for a H100i.

Really liking the case so far.


Refefines 1337.
post #5245 of 5801
Update:
YouTube video with my Rig and all of my Consoles in it!
post #5246 of 5801
I've been interested in making a larger winder for a while now, but I haven't gotten around to it. I asked my father about it, and he said he already had a clean piece of 1/8" plexi we could use, and that we could secure it via sheet metal screws. Personally I'd just spend the money on a good roll of double sided tape because sheet metal screws would look awful, but I wonder if 1/8" plexi is thick enough?
post #5247 of 5801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr240sx View Post

I've been interested in making a larger winder for a while now, but I haven't gotten around to it. I asked my father about it, and he said he already had a clean piece of 1/8" plexi we could use, and that we could secure it via sheet metal screws. Personally I'd just spend the money on a good roll of double sided tape because sheet metal screws would look awful, but I wonder if 1/8" plexi is thick enough?

I just took a measurement on my Phantom Case for you, the glass is approximately 1/8" so you should be ok tongue.gif
post #5248 of 5801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr240sx View Post

I've been interested in making a larger winder for a while now, but I haven't gotten around to it. I asked my father about it, and he said he already had a clean piece of 1/8" plexi we could use, and that we could secure it via sheet metal screws. Personally I'd just spend the money on a good roll of double sided tape because sheet metal screws would look awful, but I wonder if 1/8" plexi is thick enough?


A lot depends on how big you want to make the window . . . .

The 410 side panel is made differently from the phantoms', and it is not nearly as rigid.

The more you cut, the flimsier it gets . . . quickly.

Having done a window mod on my 410, way back when it was just released, I would suggest using 1/4" acrylic to get back some of the rigidity that you'll loose from cutting on it.


Some people have used the 3M brand 4010 double sided tape, but I drilled and tapped the acrylic on mine and used stainless steel 6-32 screws.

The windowed side panel is more substantial than the original one.


Darlene


post #5249 of 5801
I've got a phantom 410 too, I'm just not sure if 1/8 inch is gonna be strong enough when a good chunk of the metal is cut out. I'm trying to find some anodized blue screws/bolts for fasteners.

All I intend to do is cut out the fan grille and the strip between it for now. I do have a different design in mind, I just have to do a little math to get the proportions right (if I decide to use it, that is.)
Edited by Mr240sx - 1/11/14 at 11:18pm
post #5250 of 5801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr240sx View Post

I've got a phantom 410 too, I'm just not sure if 1/8 inch is gonna be strong enough when a good chunk of the metal is cut out. I'm trying to find some anodized blue screws/bolts for fasteners.

All I intend to do is cut out the fan grille and the strip between it for now. I do have a different design in mind, I just have to do a little math to get the proportions right (if I decide to use it, that is.)
'''


Go with 1/4", it's stronger and it's going to be flatter which means there will be less optical distortion as you look thru it.

Here's your anodized fasteners to choose from:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=60_724&zenid=9e16bf65797424384af9b63c40db6b2b


Darlene
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Phantom 410 Mid-Tower Owner's Club