Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Phantom 410 Mid-Tower Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Phantom 410 Mid-Tower Owner's Club - Page 547

Poll Results: [NEW POLL] What Color do you have/will you get?

 
  • 24% (164)
    White
  • 9% (65)
    Red
  • 20% (134)
    Black
  • 5% (34)
    SE White/Blue
  • 3% (21)
    SE Black/White
  • 9% (65)
    SE Black/Orange
  • 22% (151)
    SE Gunmetal
  • 3% (26)
    Modded
660 Total Votes  
post #5461 of 5801
Their pop rivets, you need to drill them out. Take a drill with a drill bit about the same diameter and simply drill straight though it. See below. thumb.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nozX56N8TX0
post #5462 of 5801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian18741 View Post

Their pop rivets, you need to drill them out. Take a drill with a drill bit about the same diameter and simply drill straight though it. See below. thumb.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nozX56N8TX0

Ah, thanks for the idea Brian! So I'm assuming I turn the case upside down, and just use a drill bit that's small enough to fit inside the hole of the rivet? (not screwing out the entire head but the "insides")?

Edit: Lol, just wanted to add, before your answer I was thinking of cutting the rivets using a rotary tool. Would've been a huge mess
Edited by Ashihtaka - 3/30/14 at 5:28pm
post #5463 of 5801
Forgot to mention i modded the screw holes on top to fit push pull tongue.gif
post #5464 of 5801
Quote:
Originally Posted by blank124 View Post

Forgot to mention i modded the screw holes on top to fit push pull tongue.gif

What rad are you using to get push-pull working?
post #5465 of 5801
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerguy103 View Post

What rad are you using to get push-pull working?
Original h100
post #5466 of 5801
Hi i need some help, i have a phantom 410 white and recently i found the power LED is not lightning up anymore.

i also have asrock z77 extreme 4 and i pretty sure i plug in the correct pwr LED+ / pwr LED- cable.

how can i fix it? is it mobo faulty or the LED faulty?
post #5467 of 5801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian18741 View Post

Their pop rivets, you need to drill them out. Take a drill with a drill bit about the same diameter and simply drill straight though it. See below. thumb.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nozX56N8TX0
I tried to do this, but all that happened was I drilled the insides out. the rivets didn't actually come out. Does anyone else have experience on how to remove the bottom HDD cage?


Also, anyone know what those round grommets are for? Because they cause CRAZY kinking if running tubes directly through without looping outside of the case:


Edited by Ashihtaka - 4/1/14 at 6:52pm
post #5468 of 5801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashihtaka View Post

I tried to do this, but all that happened was I drilled the insides out. the rivets didn't actually come out. Does anyone else have experience on how to remove the bottom HDD cage?


Also, anyone know what those round grommets are for? Because they cause CRAZY kinking if running tubes directly through without looping outside of the case:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


They are inlet/outlet for externally mounted rads or res. They are not meant to be looped through like in that picture. Without anything externally mounted there is zero reason to run tubing like that.
post #5469 of 5801
Well, my version of popping out the rivets wasn't pretty, but it did get the job done.

Tools Needed:

Hammer
Flathead Screwdriver


Yep, I'm sure you can imagine what I did from there.
post #5470 of 5801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashihtaka View Post

I tried to do this, but all that happened was I drilled the insides out. the rivets didn't actually come out. Does anyone else have experience on how to remove the bottom HDD cage?

Try use the next size up drill bit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Phantom 410 Mid-Tower Owner's Club