I apologize ahead of time if this is a noob idea/question.
Hypothetically - Assuming some small modifications and building the perfect VM gaming machine(multiple gpus etc) .....could you.....
Run essentially a networked gaming rig?
Have 2 maybe more? (how many more in theory?)
Sidebar: Is there software out there that can split your peripheral inputs mice, keyboard, monitors, controllers. (not like a KVM) That can essentially allocate certain peripheral inputs to designated VMs.
- Similar to fullscreen mode in gaming... each separate display (VM) is run full screen and has separate inputs. Diagram
I am not a programmer, but it seems like if there wasn't it could be created.
Now I have been a PC gamer my entire life. I have owned consoles but they receive maybe 10% of time average and 30% on a new release.
One example of why I see value here.
Why do they suck?
-who wants to lug around their tower/peripherals?
-take down- setup - take down
- You cant even console lan anymore because all games are xbox live only (etc)
- Expensive when you think .... for every person there they have 1k ish in electronics......
- I could go on but I am sure your thinking what im thinking....
How we could bring lans back....
- To go to a lan....... all you need is peripheral inputs and in my mind...... a display device with bluetooth or Intel WIDI - you dont even need to lug a monitor -
- Lan center? Setup a few of these bad boys and all you need is a bunch of displays
Anyways. I am a noob. This is probably impossible. But please ANYONE AND EVERYONE comment/critique/critisize/ explain why it could work/ why it couldnt work. ANYTHING
Haha thanks. Appreciate your guys time!
TL; DR Networked Gaming Station Viable>?