Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASrock z68 Extreme 3 boot loop A3 code
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASrock z68 Extreme 3 boot loop A3 code

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
Hi, I just purchased an ASrock z68 extreme 3 gen 3 mobo, i3 2120 and a set of 2x4 DDR3 Gskill ripjaw RAM. I am using a Corsair GS600 psu and seagate HDD along with a windows 7 boot disk. After setting the system up it has been stuck in a boot loop where it gets to the windows splash screen then restarts. It will not boot into safe mode (gets stuck on CLASSPNP.SYS), will not boot into windows install as it restarts after the windows is loading files screen, it will not even boot in mini XP from Hiren's 15.1. I am breadboarding the system and still no luck. If it helps the board LED is throwing an A3 code. (detect ide)

I have tried the following:
Switched out PSU
Switched RAM
Switched HD
Reseating RAM/CPU/PSU connections
Memtest from Hirens
Clear CMOS
Set defaults in BIOS
Flash BIOS update

I am very close to RMA it to Newegg, but was looking if I could get any help before going through the hassle.
post #2 of 5
You are having the same problem that I had except I had the extreme 4 gen3 and different components.

I would get the same code A3/A6 and my rig still boots with code A6 but it never effected the performance and I've been running the rig without issue for months now.

Have you switched the mode to AHCI in the bios?
First Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-2500k ASROCK P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 ASUS 560 ti ASUS 560 ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
4 GB x2 G. Skill Ripjaw Series Seagate Barracuda 500GB 64 GB Crucial M4 SSD Standard ASUS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770HD Ducky Dk-1008 OCN Version 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Corsair 400R Razer Naga  X-Trac Ripper XXL 
AudioAudio
Creative Soundblaster ZX Ultrasone Pro 550 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-2500k ASROCK P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 ASUS 560 ti ASUS 560 ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
4 GB x2 G. Skill Ripjaw Series Seagate Barracuda 500GB 64 GB Crucial M4 SSD Standard ASUS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770HD Ducky Dk-1008 OCN Version 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Corsair 400R Razer Naga  X-Trac Ripper XXL 
AudioAudio
Creative Soundblaster ZX Ultrasone Pro 550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotskil View Post

You are having the same problem that I had except I had the extreme 4 gen3 and different components.
I would get the same code A3/A6 and my rig still boots with code A6 but it never effected the performance and I've been running the rig without issue for months now.
Have you switched the mode to AHCI in the bios?

Hi thanks for the response, yes I have switched to AHCI to no avail frown.gif
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lputz92 View Post

Hi thanks for the response, yes I have switched to AHCI to no avail frown.gif

Have you tried to install Windows on the other HDD? I know you said you switched it but maybe fresh install might change something.

When I e-mailed the Asrock rep about it they said that the A3/A6 code was an "unknown" error and told me to RMA.

I just didn't bother with it since my system ran fine it's just the code shows and I'll RMA if it fails in the future.

I would say you are probably gonna have to RMA it. I did a lot of research on the issue and some people were able to fix it with no other issues, others just went with it like I did and only a few were unable to even boot Windows.
First Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-2500k ASROCK P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 ASUS 560 ti ASUS 560 ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
4 GB x2 G. Skill Ripjaw Series Seagate Barracuda 500GB 64 GB Crucial M4 SSD Standard ASUS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770HD Ducky Dk-1008 OCN Version 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Corsair 400R Razer Naga  X-Trac Ripper XXL 
AudioAudio
Creative Soundblaster ZX Ultrasone Pro 550 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-2500k ASROCK P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 ASUS 560 ti ASUS 560 ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
4 GB x2 G. Skill Ripjaw Series Seagate Barracuda 500GB 64 GB Crucial M4 SSD Standard ASUS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770HD Ducky Dk-1008 OCN Version 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Corsair 400R Razer Naga  X-Trac Ripper XXL 
AudioAudio
Creative Soundblaster ZX Ultrasone Pro 550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotskil View Post

Have you tried to install Windows on the other HDD? I know you said you switched it but maybe fresh install might change something.
When I e-mailed the Asrock rep about it they said that the A3/A6 code was an "unknown" error and told me to RMA.
I just didn't bother with it since my system ran fine it's just the code shows and I'll RMA if it fails in the future.
I would say you are probably gonna have to RMA it. I did a lot of research on the issue and some people were able to fix it with no other issues, others just went with it like I did and only a few were unable to even boot Windows.

Yeah I've formatted & installed a fresh copies of windows on one of the drives and still got the same results as the other. I'll probably have to RMA tmrw..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASrock z68 Extreme 3 boot loop A3 code