Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › pc wont boot or if it does it restarts at windows loading screen.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

pc wont boot or if it does it restarts at windows loading screen.

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
hey guys, i got this other 4gb stick here of corsair vengeance ram, and im currently runnin 2x2gb ADATA ram, i did have all 3 runnin at once before for a total of 8gb, and i had my 4gb in a black slot along with a 2gb stick in the other, and the other 2gb stick awas in my blue slot so the 2x2gb wasnt in dual channel. and i had it running like that for the longest while and one day it wouldnt boot, i will boot with the 2x2gb adata sticks, but it wont boot with the 4gb stick alone, but i can get it to booth with all of them in, but in my bios it shows only 4gb, and when windows loads it restarts at the black loading screen for win7.. any ideas, or is this 4gb ram toasted
Edited by quarter_breed - 1/26/12 at 6:23pm
post #2 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarter_breed View Post

hey guys, i got this other 4gb stick here of corsair vengeance ram, and im currently runnin 2x2gb ADATA ram, i did have all 3 runnin at once before for a total of 8gb, and i had my 4gb in a black slot along with a 2gb stick in the other, and the other 2gb stick awas in my blue slot so the 2x2gb wasnt in dual channel. and i had it running like that for the longest while and one day it wouldnt boot, it will boot with the 2x2gb adata sticks, but it wont boot with the 4gb stick alone, but i can get it to boot with all of them in, but in my bios it shows only 4gb, and when windows loads it restarts at the black loading screen for win7.. any ideas, or is this 4gb ram toasted
post #3 of 8
It might be toasted, but what you can try is EVER SO GENTLY rubbing the faulty sticks with an eraser (on the part that goes into the mobo)

This has saved me at least 4 of my OWN sticks of rams and numerous friends RAM. It took me hours of digging on the internetz to find this and to my surprise it actually works much of the time (not always, however, ram does break)
My Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4ghz P67A-G43 MSI Sapphire 5850 4x4gb DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Caviar black/ Samsung 120gb Lite on Windows 7 27 in LG/21.5 Portrait Acer 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm quickfire rapid (reds)/Adesso numberpa... Corsair 850TX IN WIN GRone White G9X 
Audio
Modi/HeadboxS/HD558 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4ghz P67A-G43 MSI Sapphire 5850 4x4gb DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Caviar black/ Samsung 120gb Lite on Windows 7 27 in LG/21.5 Portrait Acer 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm quickfire rapid (reds)/Adesso numberpa... Corsair 850TX IN WIN GRone White G9X 
Audio
Modi/HeadboxS/HD558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinnd View Post

It might be toasted, but what you can try is EVER SO GENTLY rubbing the faulty sticks with an eraser (on the part that goes into the mobo)
This has saved me at least 4 of my OWN sticks of rams and numerous friends RAM. It took me hours of digging on the internetz to find this and to my surprise it actually works much of the time (not always, however, ram does break)

if you dont mind me asking, how does rubbing the stick with a eraser help it
post #5 of 8
The eraser basically cleans any dirt or minor corrosion off the contact pins at the bottom of the DIMM.
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goof245 View Post

The eraser basically cleans any dirt or minor corrosion off the contact pins at the bottom of the DIMM.



Somewhat, but it's actually mostly having to do with Static and the eraser makes that subside.
My Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4ghz P67A-G43 MSI Sapphire 5850 4x4gb DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Caviar black/ Samsung 120gb Lite on Windows 7 27 in LG/21.5 Portrait Acer 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm quickfire rapid (reds)/Adesso numberpa... Corsair 850TX IN WIN GRone White G9X 
Audio
Modi/HeadboxS/HD558 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4ghz P67A-G43 MSI Sapphire 5850 4x4gb DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Caviar black/ Samsung 120gb Lite on Windows 7 27 in LG/21.5 Portrait Acer 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm quickfire rapid (reds)/Adesso numberpa... Corsair 850TX IN WIN GRone White G9X 
Audio
Modi/HeadboxS/HD558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinnd View Post

Somewhat, but it's actually mostly having to do with Static and the eraser makes that subside.

awesome ill try this tomorrow and ill let ya kno how it goes
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinnd View Post

Somewhat, but it's actually mostly having to do with Static and the eraser makes that subside.

Didn't know that, thanks for the info smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Memory
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › pc wont boot or if it does it restarts at windows loading screen.