Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Copper Pipes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Copper Pipes - Page 2

post #11 of 66
You must like pain if you are even considering this. The pain involved in this project is just under "the personal touch" paint job by bashing your skull against your case till it turns red and just above trying to setup a linux box using an ATI card.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z ASUS GTX 770 2x4GB Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung EVO 840 WD Caviar Green Sony AD-7260S-0B DVD Burner Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro x64 QNIX QX 2710 Filco Majestouch-2 Rosewill Capstone-750-M R 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Zalman Z-Machine GT1000 Logitech MX518 Black Banshee Pad Krator N2-20020 (Garbage) 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z ASUS GTX 770 2x4GB Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung EVO 840 WD Caviar Green Sony AD-7260S-0B DVD Burner Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro x64 QNIX QX 2710 Filco Majestouch-2 Rosewill Capstone-750-M R 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Zalman Z-Machine GT1000 Logitech MX518 Black Banshee Pad Krator N2-20020 (Garbage) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snerp
You must like pain if you are even considering this. The pain involved in this project is just under "the personal touch" paint job by bashing your skull against your case till it turns red and just above trying to setup a linux box using an ATI card.
Snerp, you definetly have a flair with words...
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snerp
You must like pain if you are even considering this. The pain involved in this project is just under "the personal touch" paint job by bashing your skull against your case till it turns red and just above trying to setup a linux box using an ATI card.
LOL



JustAPainInTheAss: Unless its a professionally moded theme case, I gota ask why deal with the hassels of using copper?
post #14 of 66
I think it's a fabulous idea, provided you have the patience for it. Bend the copper and try not to use elbows and as long as you use the correct diameter pipe you won't have any restrictions on flow.

For bonus points (and frustration), sweat copper fins radiating outwards from the pipes in key locations for a complete PC radiator!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5645 Asus Rampage II Gene eVGA GTX460 SSC 3x4GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial C300 64GB Seagate Momentus XT 750 Western Digital GP 2TB EARS Windows 7 Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE278Q DSI SMK-88 Seasonic X-660 Lian Li U6B 2011 SE 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 KAI.g3 HIEN - HARD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5645 Asus Rampage II Gene eVGA GTX460 SSC 3x4GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial C300 64GB Seagate Momentus XT 750 Western Digital GP 2TB EARS Windows 7 Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE278Q DSI SMK-88 Seasonic X-660 Lian Li U6B 2011 SE 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 KAI.g3 HIEN - HARD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonindeBeatrice
I think it's a fabulous idea, provided you have the patience for it. Bend the copper and try not to use elbows and as long as you use the correct diameter pipe you won't have any restrictions on flow.

For bonus points (and frustration), sweat copper fins radiating outwards from the pipes in key locations for a complete PC radiator!
ha ha yeah right.. I doubt he will pay someone to use a pipe bender. And its a safe bet he can't do it himself. When I use to work on cars as a hobby in order to make a exhaust system fit right it was allot of trial and error and required a pipe bender to be at hand. So as nice as the idea of bent pipe is, its going to have to be custom bent and he will need access to something that will bend his copper pipe. I don't want to sound negative but omg it will be work..

If theres a easyer way to bend the copper then by all means give it a go
post #16 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitrevX
ha ha yeah right.. I doubt he will pay someone to use a pipe bender. And its a safe bet he can't do it himself. When I use to work on cars as a hobby in order to make a exhaust system fit right it was allot of trial and error and required a pipe bender to be at hand. So as nice as the idea of bent pipe is, its going to have to be custom bent and he will need access to something that will bend his copper pipe. I don't want to sound negative but omg it will be work..
Yeah! as exhaust pipes are about 4-5 times the diameter of the pipe he'll be working with and made of much sturdier aluminum or even steel, but small diameter copper pipe can be bent with a hand tool... can't cost $15... I have one around somewhere.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5645 Asus Rampage II Gene eVGA GTX460 SSC 3x4GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial C300 64GB Seagate Momentus XT 750 Western Digital GP 2TB EARS Windows 7 Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE278Q DSI SMK-88 Seasonic X-660 Lian Li U6B 2011 SE 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 KAI.g3 HIEN - HARD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5645 Asus Rampage II Gene eVGA GTX460 SSC 3x4GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial C300 64GB Seagate Momentus XT 750 Western Digital GP 2TB EARS Windows 7 Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE278Q DSI SMK-88 Seasonic X-660 Lian Li U6B 2011 SE 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 KAI.g3 HIEN - HARD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonindeBeatrice
Yeah! as exhaust pipes are about 4-5 times the diameter of the pipe he'll be working with and made of much sturdier aluminum or even steel, but small diameter copper pipe can be bent with a hand tool... can't cost $15... I have one around somewhere.

As long as its mandrel bent then what ever works do it. If its thin enough he can maybe do it by hand but its still going to be many hours of work to get a nice bend from point A to point B..

Edit: I was just thinking, if it corrodes hes going to have to make new bent pipe.... ewww
post #18 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitrevX
As long as its mandrel bent then what ever works do it. If its thin enough he can maybe do it by hand but its still going to be many hours of work to get a nice bend from point A to point B..
Nowhere in this thread did I read the phrase "Sure man it'll be a snap!"
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5645 Asus Rampage II Gene eVGA GTX460 SSC 3x4GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial C300 64GB Seagate Momentus XT 750 Western Digital GP 2TB EARS Windows 7 Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE278Q DSI SMK-88 Seasonic X-660 Lian Li U6B 2011 SE 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 KAI.g3 HIEN - HARD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5645 Asus Rampage II Gene eVGA GTX460 SSC 3x4GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial C300 64GB Seagate Momentus XT 750 Western Digital GP 2TB EARS Windows 7 Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE278Q DSI SMK-88 Seasonic X-660 Lian Li U6B 2011 SE 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 KAI.g3 HIEN - HARD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonindeBeatrice
Nowhere in this thread did I read the phrase "Sure man it'll be a snap!"

of course not..
But your recommending ideas that are going to take this project to a whole other level of hard.. I mean what do you expect from him?

Just dealing with barbs and using elbows will be enough work..
If he had room for elbows with more arc the difference in flow rate would be so small it would be almost immeasurable.
As far as looks, yes I would completely bend the pipes because that would look more professional
post #20 of 66
Just make that copper shine like a whore`s eyes on payday.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel P 4 Prescott, 3.4 gig. Shuttle SB61/478 GForce 7600GS Corsair 2gig DDRSDRAM 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Raptor 10Krpm SATA Windows XP Home SP2 19" wide Hanns LCD Logictech wireless 
PowerCaseMouse
Shuttle CP50 300 watts Shuttle XPC barebones Logictech wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel P 4 Prescott, 3.4 gig. Shuttle SB61/478 GForce 7600GS Corsair 2gig DDRSDRAM 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Raptor 10Krpm SATA Windows XP Home SP2 19" wide Hanns LCD Logictech wireless 
PowerCaseMouse
Shuttle CP50 300 watts Shuttle XPC barebones Logictech wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Copper Pipes