Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] HD7950 Reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] HD7950 Reviews - Page 20

post #191 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

CIV5, SC2. In reality why would it matter it all those games together dont account for the same hours spend in BF3 MP. To me BF3 is much more important.

I guess that's subjective. I don't feel the benefit of a 580 to be big enough over the 7950 to warrant buying it over the 7950 if you are upgrading ATM because of the benefits it gets in other games and the much better power efficiency and potential overclocking

SC2 is really a wash because most cards can eat that game up tbh, but I acknowledge your point about SC2 and CIV5, I was wrong there.

edit: but obviously going from a 580 to a 7950 would be silly imo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino View Post

Really? You know there are people hitting 1.3-1.4 GHz on the core on stock cooling hey?

facts don't matter when you want to complain about stuff
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4460 Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H sapphire R9 290 Crucial Ballistix 1866mhz cas9  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD caviar blue 1tb WD caviar black 500gb Samsung 840 Evo stock :^) 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 8.1 Ubuntu LG IPS 236v Asus 1080p IPS  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer K272HUL Das Model S Ultimate Corsair TX750 Corsair 350D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Mionix Naos 3200 // Razer Deathadder  QcK xonar Dx 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4460 Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H sapphire R9 290 Crucial Ballistix 1866mhz cas9  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD caviar blue 1tb WD caviar black 500gb Samsung 840 Evo stock :^) 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 8.1 Ubuntu LG IPS 236v Asus 1080p IPS  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer K272HUL Das Model S Ultimate Corsair TX750 Corsair 350D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Mionix Naos 3200 // Razer Deathadder  QcK xonar Dx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #192 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPrestonn View Post

You're being selective. BF3 is the only game that the gtx 580 beats the 7950, and it isnt even by much.
Every game that the 7950 wins in, it wins by a rather large margin compared to the BF3 results.

Shhh!!! Hes hanging his hat on one instance out of 6+ and willing to fight to the death over it!

Its entertaining. Don't ruin it with logic and reason!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 1.128V MSI Z77A-GD65 Galaxy GTX 680 GC 2GB @ 1.2GHz 16GB Ripjaws X @ 1.6GHz, DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Performance Pro SSD, 128GB, SATA III Deskstar, 750GB Single Platter, 7,200RPM, SATA III LITE-ON 16x Multi-DVD Cooler Master Hyper 212+, (1) 120mm fan 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Acer 23" 1080P, 5ms, 60hz, 100,000,000:1 Seasonic X-750, 80+ Gold, 750W, 62A Rosewill FUTURE, (6) 120mm fans 
OtherOtherOther
Scythe Kaze Server Fan Controller Arctic Cooling MX-4 Thermal Paste Rosewill 4-Pack 120mm fans (7 total) 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 1.128V MSI Z77A-GD65 Galaxy GTX 680 GC 2GB @ 1.2GHz 16GB Ripjaws X @ 1.6GHz, DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Performance Pro SSD, 128GB, SATA III Deskstar, 750GB Single Platter, 7,200RPM, SATA III LITE-ON 16x Multi-DVD Cooler Master Hyper 212+, (1) 120mm fan 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Acer 23" 1080P, 5ms, 60hz, 100,000,000:1 Seasonic X-750, 80+ Gold, 750W, 62A Rosewill FUTURE, (6) 120mm fans 
OtherOtherOther
Scythe Kaze Server Fan Controller Arctic Cooling MX-4 Thermal Paste Rosewill 4-Pack 120mm fans (7 total) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #193 of 281
more ppl are attacking AMD because we got used NVIDIA being big greedy asses. That is why I never bought 'green' product. 580's price needs to drop. I hope ppl are smart enough not to buy it anymore because it makes no sense...
post #194 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by delow View Post

That link is for a stock clocked overpriced 570 card they start off at $350 with custom coolers a 7950 overclocked to 7970 will do it justice tho

Read it again newbie. Its the 2560mb model. The 1280gb model doesnt have a chance.
Edited by veyron1001 - 1/31/12 at 8:27pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T @ 3.5ghz GA-990XA-UD3 xfx 6850 crossfire 940/1150 @ 1.181v 2133mhz G skill 2x4gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
500gb + 250gb DVD drive Cooler master Hyper TX3 Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23.6'' Asus HDMI + 17'' NEC  Microsoft 750W OCZ Antec 
MouseMouse PadAudio
optical none Microsoft life chat 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T @ 3.5ghz GA-990XA-UD3 xfx 6850 crossfire 940/1150 @ 1.181v 2133mhz G skill 2x4gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
500gb + 250gb DVD drive Cooler master Hyper TX3 Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23.6'' Asus HDMI + 17'' NEC  Microsoft 750W OCZ Antec 
MouseMouse PadAudio
optical none Microsoft life chat 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #195 of 281
Man, I want a 1.2TB graphics card.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2x intel Xeon E5-2650 Supermicro MBD-X9DR3-F-O Onboard awesomeness 8 x 8GB Kingston DDR3 1333 ECC 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
4x WD Green 2TB in RAID 10 2x Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVOs Windows Server 2012 Datacenter 3x Dell Ultrasharp U2410s 
PowerCase
Corsair AX1200 Case Labs TX10-D 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2x intel Xeon E5-2650 Supermicro MBD-X9DR3-F-O Onboard awesomeness 8 x 8GB Kingston DDR3 1333 ECC 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
4x WD Green 2TB in RAID 10 2x Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVOs Windows Server 2012 Datacenter 3x Dell Ultrasharp U2410s 
PowerCase
Corsair AX1200 Case Labs TX10-D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #196 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oedipus View Post

Man, I want a 1.2TB graphics card.

Think of all the games you could commit to ramdisk! Running skyrim or witcher 2 off of a RAMdisk would be pretty sweet smile.gif
post #197 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleras View Post

Think of all the games you could commit to ramdisk! Running skyrim or witcher 2 off of a RAMdisk would be pretty sweet smile.gif

Not just a ramdisk, but one made out of VRAM. Using that would be one of those "there is no god" moments.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2x intel Xeon E5-2650 Supermicro MBD-X9DR3-F-O Onboard awesomeness 8 x 8GB Kingston DDR3 1333 ECC 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
4x WD Green 2TB in RAID 10 2x Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVOs Windows Server 2012 Datacenter 3x Dell Ultrasharp U2410s 
PowerCase
Corsair AX1200 Case Labs TX10-D 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2x intel Xeon E5-2650 Supermicro MBD-X9DR3-F-O Onboard awesomeness 8 x 8GB Kingston DDR3 1333 ECC 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
4x WD Green 2TB in RAID 10 2x Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVOs Windows Server 2012 Datacenter 3x Dell Ultrasharp U2410s 
PowerCase
Corsair AX1200 Case Labs TX10-D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #198 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by icehotshot View Post

Once again, not a fanboy. I go with price/performance. Whichever brand has that is what I buy.
522
Source
470
Source
*Now wait for the 100000 reasons why these graphs are faulty*

Hi let me go cherry pick benches/graphs where Bulldozer beats 2500/2600k, BD must be better it performs better in one bench even though it get out performed in almost all of the others...
Valiance
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k @ 1.4 [4.8Ghz | HT On] ASUS P8P67 PRO Rev. 3.1 EVGA GTX 980Ti @ 1450/1905 8GB Ripjaw X @ 2133 @ 9-11-11-28 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[OCZ Vertex 4 128GB] - [Corsair Force 3 90GB x2... [Crucial M4 128GB] - [Samsung 840 Pro 256GB] Corsair H80 Hydro 2x Corsair AF120s | 2x SP120s 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Dell 19" 1440x900 [75Hz] Toshiba 24" LED | 1920x1080 BenQ XL2410T [120Hz] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 [Mechanical] /CM Quickfire Rapid [B... SeaSonic X-750 Corsair 500R Feenix Nascita 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series 
  hide details  
Reply
Valiance
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k @ 1.4 [4.8Ghz | HT On] ASUS P8P67 PRO Rev. 3.1 EVGA GTX 980Ti @ 1450/1905 8GB Ripjaw X @ 2133 @ 9-11-11-28 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[OCZ Vertex 4 128GB] - [Corsair Force 3 90GB x2... [Crucial M4 128GB] - [Samsung 840 Pro 256GB] Corsair H80 Hydro 2x Corsair AF120s | 2x SP120s 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Dell 19" 1440x900 [75Hz] Toshiba 24" LED | 1920x1080 BenQ XL2410T [120Hz] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 [Mechanical] /CM Quickfire Rapid [B... SeaSonic X-750 Corsair 500R Feenix Nascita 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series 
  hide details  
Reply
post #199 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateST View Post

Hi let me go cherry pick benches/graphs where Bulldozer beats 2500/2600k, BD must be better it performs better in one bench even though it get out performed in almost all of the others...

What's sad is that people are still saying bulldozer is better because it runs a couple frames faster in BF3... a GPU limited game. rolleyes.gif

1 or 2 benches don't prove that the product is better. However, 8-10 benches paints a better picture.
Everest - Intel
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 16GB (2x8) Patriot Viper 1866Mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 3TB, WD 500GB HDD, WD 640GB HD Samsung 850 EVO 512GB Samsung DVD-Burner Corsair H110 w/ Dual Aerocool DS 140mm fans 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro Dell S2716DG (1440p, 144hz Gsync) AOC U3477 PQU (3440x1440 IPS) Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNOVA 750 G2 NZXT Phantom 530 Black Logitech G502 Proteus Core Corsair MM400 
AudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Everest - Intel
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 16GB (2x8) Patriot Viper 1866Mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 3TB, WD 500GB HDD, WD 640GB HD Samsung 850 EVO 512GB Samsung DVD-Burner Corsair H110 w/ Dual Aerocool DS 140mm fans 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro Dell S2716DG (1440p, 144hz Gsync) AOC U3477 PQU (3440x1440 IPS) Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNOVA 750 G2 NZXT Phantom 530 Black Logitech G502 Proteus Core Corsair MM400 
AudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #200 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by icehotshot View Post

Once again, not a fanboy. I go with price/performance. Whichever brand has that is what I buy.
522
Source
470
Source
*Now wait for the 100000 reasons why these graphs are faulty*

I believed the reason GTX 580 beat 7950 on BF3 because NVIDIA made the latest drivers more optimized to run BF3 and Skyrim specifically. I might be wrong.
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K @4.4GHz ASRock Z77 Extreme6 MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming 2x8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Secondary: 2TB 7200rpm Secondary: 640GB 7200rpm Main: Crucial M4 128GB Secondary: Crucial M100 512GB ASUS Blu-ray player 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
CoolerMaster V6GT Windows 10 64bit AOC G2460PG LG 27UD69P-W 
PowerCase
EVGA Supernova 750 G2 AZZA Hurricane 2000 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K @4.4GHz ASRock Z77 Extreme6 MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming 2x8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Secondary: 2TB 7200rpm Secondary: 640GB 7200rpm Main: Crucial M4 128GB Secondary: Crucial M100 512GB ASUS Blu-ray player 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
CoolerMaster V6GT Windows 10 64bit AOC G2460PG LG 27UD69P-W 
PowerCase
EVGA Supernova 750 G2 AZZA Hurricane 2000 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] HD7950 Reviews