Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Coolmax 700watt PSU? does it have a stable output?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Coolmax 700watt PSU? does it have a stable output? - Page 2

post #11 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unoriginal Sin View Post

The motherboard VRM regulates the CPU voltages not the PSU, if the PSU was the culprit you should have gotten an abrupt shutdown and not the BSOD... again, the PSU is trashy but your system pulls below 350W at full load, poor PSU regulation rarely(if ever) manifests itself this way.

so its my mobo then? im soo lost and frusterated, i dont kno what to do know' people say its mobo and some say psu : /
post #12 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarter_breed View Post

so its my mobo then? im soo lost and frusterated, i dont kno what to do know' people say its mobo and some say psu : /

im guessin it hast to be my mobo, cause when iwas ocin to 3.4@1.337v it would drop to 1.324v and lower sometimes' so a better mobo will stop this? i guess i should replace my mobo instead if psu then
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarter_breed View Post

im guessin it hast to be my mobo, cause when iwas ocin to 3.4@1.337v it would drop to 1.324v and lower sometimes' so a better mobo will stop this? i guess i should replace my mobo instead if psu then

You should replace your PSu first.. because it's ****.
You should replace your mobo only of you can't manage to solve the BSOD issue through a BIOS update/driver re-install/different BIOS settings(like the ones suggested in the link I posted on the first page)..
post #14 of 22
Thread Starter 
ok sounds gd ill start with a new psu/ram tomorrow and let yas kno how i made out, ****ty thing is.. is that when i was getting my BSOD, itwas like anywheresfrom 2-5 hours into prime most of the time

this is the psu i have atm
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7220653&CatId=2533
post #15 of 22
Be sure to buy a decent PSU this time, maybe let us know what are your options so we can offer some suggestions.
post #16 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unoriginal Sin View Post

Be sure to buy a decent PSU this time, maybe let us know what are your options so we can offer some suggestions.

will do, im gonna call them after i eat to see what they have and ill let ya kno' in 15min or so
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unoriginal Sin View Post

The motherboard VRM regulates the CPU voltages not the PSU, if the PSU was the culprit you should have gotten an abrupt shutdown and not the BSOD... again, the PSU is trashy but your system pulls below 350W at full load, poor PSU regulation rarely(if ever) manifests itself this way.

Agreed
No matter how terrible the 750w unit, I SERIOUSLY doubt it lacks the amperage to power the cpu.

Now, ive seen REALLY bad ripple hold back an OC, but only once or twice, and never anywhere near stock.
Micro Mule
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 16GB GSkill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
250GB Crucial MX200, 960GB Adata , 1TB WD Black Noctua NH-L12 LG 27UD68 4k Seasonic M12II 620W 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Obsidian 250D Logitech Performance Mouse MX Topping TP-30 Mk2, 2x Polk M10, Sony MDR-7506 
  hide details  
Reply
Micro Mule
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 16GB GSkill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
250GB Crucial MX200, 960GB Adata , 1TB WD Black Noctua NH-L12 LG 27UD68 4k Seasonic M12II 620W 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Obsidian 250D Logitech Performance Mouse MX Topping TP-30 Mk2, 2x Polk M10, Sony MDR-7506 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarter_breed View Post

ok sounds gd ill start with a new psu/ram tomorrow and let yas kno how i made out, ****ty thing is.. is that when i was getting my BSOD, itwas like anywheresfrom 2-5 hours into prime most of the time
this is the psu i have atm
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7220653&CatId=2533

Yikes.... that PSU design is like 5 years old and they are overrating their numbers. Would not touch it.
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilWrir View Post

Agreed
No matter how terrible the 750w unit, I SERIOUSLY doubt it lacks the amperage to power the cpu.
Now, ive seen REALLY bad ripple hold back an OC, but only once or twice, and never anywhere near stock.

so it may be my mobo' : /
post #20 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unoriginal Sin View Post

You should replace your PSu first.. because it's ****.
You should replace your mobo only of you can't manage to solve the BSOD issue through a BIOS update/driver re-install/different BIOS settings(like the ones suggested in the link I posted on the first page)..

my Bios is up to date, would reinstalling windows help BSOD x124, in the minidump file it shows hal.dll+12a3b and ntokrnl.exe+18d513
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Power Supplies
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Coolmax 700watt PSU? does it have a stable output?