Originally Posted by kpnamja
Hey guys, my 6950 2gb is being delivered today and I was looking around the forums and I found a few guides but none of them have been updated. I was wondering if they could give me a quick guide on how to run phyx with my GTX 275 while having a 6950. With the latest drivers and software.
Do exactly this;
1. Uninstall Forceware (Nvidia drivers) from Programs and Features in Control Panel.
2. Shutdown and put the 6950 in the first PCIe slot, 275 to the next available slot (minimum @x8 PCIe lane).
3. Restart PC and install Catalyst http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx
Restart PC and;
1. Install Forceware 285.xx (do not restart).
2. Install PhysX SS 9.11.0621 (do not restart).
3. Run the 1.055ff Patch (restart PC).
Verify using GPU-Z if PhysX is checked, it will work in all apps with PhysX hardware acceleration.
Done. Do nothing more.
PhysX-mod-1.05ff.zip 42k .zip file
PhysX SS; http://downloads.guru3d.com/nVIDIA-PhysX-System-Software-9.11.0621-download-2762.html
Does this setup work? Yes, check my sig rig.