Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [HH] 7950 OC vs 7970 OC vs 580 OC vs 6970 OC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[HH] 7950 OC vs 7970 OC vs 580 OC vs 6970 OC - Page 4  

post #31 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopaScoopa View Post

lachen.gif If you knew how to read, you'd see that the 580 SLI lost to the 6970 CF...
So how does two 580s beat a 6990 again?

Maybe you should read over those benchmarks that you posted. I don't see a single 6990 vs 580 SLI anywhere in your benches. And 6970 CF beats a single 6990.
post #32 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-block View Post

Maybe you should read over those benchmarks that you posted. I don't see a single 6990 vs 580 SLI anywhere in your benches. And 6970 CF beats a single 6990.

QFT. As do SLI 580's. What a stupid little pissy argument anyway....
post #33 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopaScoopa View Post

lachen.gif If you knew how to read, you'd see that the 580 SLI lost to the 6970 CF...
So how does two 580s beats a 6990 again?

Are you really not seeing what's wrong with your charts post?

He stated that SLI 580's beats a 6990. The 6990 is NOT equal to 2 6970's in crossfire. Two 6970's in crossfire averages 1 frame per second higher than 2 580's. The 6990 however, is NOT 2 6970's at their stock speeds. It is heavily downclocked to keep it in safe temperatures for cramming the two cards onto one board. Since you like charts so much, take a look at this page http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-6990-antilles-crossfire,2878-13.html . Notice how the xfired 6970's beat the 6990 in every single test? Also notice how the 6990 loses to sli 570's in several of the benchmarks? Let alone 580's? I hold my point that your original argument w/ charts presented is completely irrelevant to the argument that sli 580's beats a 6990.
post #34 of 86
I decided to google any benchmarks on SLI GTX 580 and 6990 and I found this.
http://hardware-review24.com/load/graphics/geforce_gtx_580_sli_vs_geforce_gtx_590_and_radeon_hd_6990/3-1-0-53
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K @4.4GHz ASRock Z77 Extreme6 MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming 2x8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Secondary: 2TB 7200rpm Secondary: 640GB 7200rpm Main: Crucial M4 128GB Secondary: Crucial M100 512GB ASUS Blu-ray player 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
CoolerMaster V6GT Windows 10 64bit AOC G2460PG LG 27UD69P-W 
PowerCase
EVGA Supernova 750 G2 AZZA Hurricane 2000 
  hide details  
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K @4.4GHz ASRock Z77 Extreme6 MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming 2x8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Secondary: 2TB 7200rpm Secondary: 640GB 7200rpm Main: Crucial M4 128GB Secondary: Crucial M100 512GB ASUS Blu-ray player 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
CoolerMaster V6GT Windows 10 64bit AOC G2460PG LG 27UD69P-W 
PowerCase
EVGA Supernova 750 G2 AZZA Hurricane 2000 
  hide details  
post #35 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopaScoopa View Post

1321868452wmGLudOmqb_4_1.jpg
doh.gif They're the same exact thing... Flipping the switch to 880Mhz makes then identical.

No. It doesn't. It means you overclocked one card to catch up to the performance of another. By that same logic, i'll just bump the 6970's mhz up by 50 mhz as well and continue to render your argument invalid.
post #36 of 86
To me HD 79XX are nice cards and good improvements. HD 7990 would be a good upgrade for me but i dont really need it with the games i play now. Now i will just wait for HD 8990. HD 79XX are really the Overclockers card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiveron View Post

No. It doesn't. It means you overclocked one card to catch up to the performance of another. By that same logic, i'll just bump the 6970's mhz up by 50 mhz as well and continue to render your argument invalid.

They both have the same MAX OC. I had both 2 x HD 6970s and HD 6990 and by far HD 6990 is better. 1000/1375 FTW.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
post #37 of 86
Thread Starter 
400
400
400
400
400
400
400
400
400
400
400
400



From these graphs it is clear that the gtx 580 sli beats the 6990. Even when overclocked, the 580 beats the 6990 except in 3dmark with a .6 frame difference. End of story. Source
Edited by airisom2 - 2/1/12 at 10:40am
post #38 of 86
I'd be happy to run my 580's against anybody with a 6990 if they want....
post #39 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopaScoopa View Post

woah.gif
Did you just look in the mirror as you said that?

Your old avatar was much better, Just sayin
Chewy's Chomper
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 6700k Asis Z170 Deluxe MSI GTX 1080 Gaming x 16GB Corsair vengence DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung M2 256gb nvme Custom loop, 360+120 rads Windows 10 64bit Asus 28" MG28UQ 4K 
PowerCase
Seasonic X series 750w gold Corsair 400c 
  hide details  
Chewy's Chomper
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 6700k Asis Z170 Deluxe MSI GTX 1080 Gaming x 16GB Corsair vengence DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung M2 256gb nvme Custom loop, 360+120 rads Windows 10 64bit Asus 28" MG28UQ 4K 
PowerCase
Seasonic X series 750w gold Corsair 400c 
  hide details  
post #40 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerRanger View Post

I was under the impression nVidia's Surround is the answer to AMD's Eyefinity?

The difference is eyefinity works with 1 card and 3 monitors, nvidia requires SLI. Nvidia cards also don't throttle TDP properly while in SLI mode, while AMD cards will shut GPU#2 off unless youi're running a 3d application that needs both GPU's.

So AMD is ahead in that respect.
Edited by xoleras - 2/1/12 at 10:56am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [HH] 7950 OC vs 7970 OC vs 580 OC vs 6970 OC