Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Official NZXT Switch 810 thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official NZXT Switch 810 thread - Page 1172

Poll Results: Which Color Version are you buying

Poll expired: Feb 28, 2012  
  • 58% (44)
    White/Black
  • 41% (31)
    Black/black
75 Total Votes  
post #11711 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokrik View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality


Just wanna share my glass window too
yes it looks alot better but be careful with finger print

am using 3mm thick glass cost me around 10$ and used the 3m "GOD" double sided tape which cost nearly as much as the glass mad.gif

go glass guys!

For those looking for this tape its the 3M Scotch 4010 tape - http://www.mnpctech.com/scotch_4010_tape_of_the_casemod_gods.html
post #11712 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassilamba View Post

For those looking for this tape its the 3M Scotch 4010 tape - http://www.mnpctech.com/scotch_4010_tape_of_the_casemod_gods.html

Jassilamba quit hacking the forums! tongue.gif



Edit: Now I am!
N7 Armor
(14 items)
 
Liara
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3930k MSI Big Bang - Xpower II MSI Radeon HD 7970 MSI Radeon HD 7970 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
MSI Radeon HD 7970 Corsair Dominator GT Intel 520 Series Intel 520 Series 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mass Effect 3 Edition Corsair AX1200 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Imperator Mass Effect 3 Edition Razer Mass Effects 3 Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
N7 Armor
(14 items)
 
Liara
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3930k MSI Big Bang - Xpower II MSI Radeon HD 7970 MSI Radeon HD 7970 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
MSI Radeon HD 7970 Corsair Dominator GT Intel 520 Series Intel 520 Series 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mass Effect 3 Edition Corsair AX1200 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Imperator Mass Effect 3 Edition Razer Mass Effects 3 Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11713 of 13812
I think I'm going to use glass for both of my Switch 810 builds. The plexi on my "Muzzle Flash" build is really bad, and I might just experiment with doing the replacement on my "Switched Switch" build.
post #11714 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1060 View Post

Jassilamba quit hacking the forums! tongue.gif



Edit: Now I am!

devil-smiley-019.gif

Hack we shall..

and plus remember 5 out 4 people are bad with numbers... lol
post #11715 of 13812
I'm planning to get myself a switch 810 to replace my current case. What I want to know is is my psu cables length can reach the motherboard, hard drives and ODD? My mb is a mATX board and this is the length layout of my psu cables (note it's a modular psu). Waiting for my income to get new psu tongue.gif.



I know the 8 pin cpu connector has an extension comes with the casing so I have no worry about that one, but how about the others? If the others are not long enough, will it be enough if I buy the nzxt sleeved cable extension?

Any help or comment is appreciated
post #11716 of 13812
psu manufactures make different length cables, for instance, the stock ones that come with a corsair AX series are longer than the colored ones you can order for it. If your chart is right you shouldn't have any issues, wouldn't even need the 8 pin mobo power extension.
post #11717 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricko99 View Post

I'm planning to get myself a switch 810 to replace my current case. What I want to know is is my psu cables length can reach the motherboard, hard drives and ODD? My mb is a mATX board and this is the length layout of my psu cables (note it's a modular psu). Waiting for my income to get new psu tongue.gif.



I know the 8 pin cpu connector has an extension comes with the casing so I have no worry about that one, but how about the others? If the others are not long enough, will it be enough if I buy the nzxt sleeved cable extension?

Any help or comment is appreciated

They seem to be the standard length and you should not have any issues. Go for the case, and if you get into any trouble then get the extensions.
post #11718 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by handi420 View Post

psu manufactures make different length cables, for instance, the stock ones that come with a corsair AX series are longer than the colored ones you can order for it. If your chart is right you shouldn't have any issues, wouldn't even need the 8 pin mobo power extension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassilamba View Post

They seem to be the standard length and you should not have any issues. Go for the case, and if you get into any trouble then get the extensions.

Okay I'll try how's the psu going in the case once I get it. First time getting a full tower case and ditched cm storm stryker for this since I'm hoping to go for some beast water cooling in future. Thanks! smile.gif
post #11719 of 13812
Sorry, new to the thread, so I am guessing this has been addressed before. It is easy or hard to remove the flat piece of metal that is there to support a DVD/CD drive in the top slot?

I have a 320 rad and the fitting point straight down, so I can use it with the fittings on the left, but it won’t work on the right because of that metal support plate. I have my Blu-ray writer a couple slots down so that is out of the way, but it looks like the metal plate is attached to the lower cage.
Ivy 5.0
(14 items)
 
Ivy 4.8
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k 5.0 24/7 Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 690 G.Skill Trident X 2400 (2x8gb) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB Pioneer BD-RW Swiftech H220 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 x NEC 30" Logitech G15 Corsair AX1200 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9x Logitech G51 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy 5.0
(14 items)
 
Ivy 4.8
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k 5.0 24/7 Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 690 G.Skill Trident X 2400 (2x8gb) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB Pioneer BD-RW Swiftech H220 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 x NEC 30" Logitech G15 Corsair AX1200 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9x Logitech G51 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11720 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanoldman View Post

Sorry, new to the thread, so I am guessing this has been addressed before. It is easy or hard to remove the flat piece of metal that is there to support a DVD/CD drive in the top slot?

I have a 320 rad and the fitting point straight down, so I can use it with the fittings on the left, but it won’t work on the right because of that metal support plate. I have my Blu-ray writer a couple slots down so that is out of the way, but it looks like the metal plate is attached to the lower cage.
If you're talking about the flat piece on either side wihh the support rail and screw holes for the dvd drive, that is easy to remove. Just pop out the screws and it will come out.

You can see, mine has been removed here

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 3770K ASUS MAXIMUS V FORMULA GALAXY GTX 670 4Gb GALAXY GTX 670 4Gb 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.SKILL RIPJAWS X  SAMSUNG 840 250GB SSD SAMSUNG 840 500GB SSD Kuhler 620 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Kuhler 620 Corsair H80 WIN 8 64 BIT Asus VG278H 120Hz 
KeyboardCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Quickfire Rapid NZXT Switch 810 Logitech G400 Ratpadz 
AudioAudioAudio
Creative Soundblaster Z FiiO E12 Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier   Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 3770K ASUS MAXIMUS V FORMULA GALAXY GTX 670 4Gb GALAXY GTX 670 4Gb 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.SKILL RIPJAWS X  SAMSUNG 840 250GB SSD SAMSUNG 840 500GB SSD Kuhler 620 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Kuhler 620 Corsair H80 WIN 8 64 BIT Asus VG278H 120Hz 
KeyboardCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Quickfire Rapid NZXT Switch 810 Logitech G400 Ratpadz 
AudioAudioAudio
Creative Soundblaster Z FiiO E12 Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier   Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Official NZXT Switch 810 thread