Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Official NZXT Switch 810 thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official NZXT Switch 810 thread - Page 165

Poll Results: Which Color Version are you buying

Poll expired: Feb 28, 2012  
  • 58% (44)
    White/Black
  • 41% (31)
    Black/black
75 Total Votes  
post #1641 of 13600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulion View Post

Hey guys, first time poster long time lurker! This will be my first "dive" into watercooling, was looking to pick up a nzxt switch810 - my only issue being the top rad. I've looked over many buildlogs and it seems almost everyone has issues with the top rad lining up with the screws. Does anyone know of any nice 360 or preferably 420 rads that fit w/o prob. I haven't decided yet if I'll be doing a skinny rad with p/p or a thicker with just p.
I plan on building with an i5 3570k, and either 1 7870 to start(eventually adding an additional for xfire) or a 7950 if I can justify the cost. May even wait out Kepler to see what the other team tosses out.
Curious if I may be able to get away with just a top 420 rad cooling the two of those, I know when I eventually add an additional card I'll be needing to place a 280/240 rad in the bot - or if I'm better off just doing both rads at the start.
Thanks for the help~!!

I use the XSPC RX360 radiator at the top of mine in push/pull without any spacing issues or lining up with the pre-drilled holes. This rad in push/pull, probably even push, would be able to cool that cpu and one gpu. If you were to add another gpu, however, you would want some more radiator. There's space at the bottom of the case to do so without modification. You would only have to remove the bottom hard drive cage.
Desktop
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k [4.8ghz] ASUS Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 770 ACX SC 8GB G.Skill [1600mhz] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 [256GB] Corsair H80i P/P W7 64-bit Samsung S23A700D 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsair HX850 Corsair 350D ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k [4.8ghz] ASUS Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 770 ACX SC 8GB G.Skill [1600mhz] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 [256GB] Corsair H80i P/P W7 64-bit Samsung S23A700D 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsair HX850 Corsair 350D ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1642 of 13600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulion View Post

Hey guys, first time poster long time lurker! This will be my first "dive" into watercooling, was looking to pick up a nzxt switch810 - my only issue being the top rad. I've looked over many buildlogs and it seems almost everyone has issues with the top rad lining up with the screws. Does anyone know of any nice 360 or preferably 420 rads that fit w/o prob. I haven't decided yet if I'll be doing a skinny rad with p/p or a thicker with just p.
I plan on building with an i5 3570k, and either 1 7870 to start(eventually adding an additional for xfire) or a 7950 if I can justify the cost. May even wait out Kepler to see what the other team tosses out.
Curious if I may be able to get away with just a top 420 rad cooling the two of those, I know when I eventually add an additional card I'll be needing to place a 280/240 rad in the bot - or if I'm better off just doing both rads at the start.
Thanks for the help~!!

I am running the XSPC ex360 and it also has no issues. I think most of the issues come from the 420 rads.
post #1643 of 13600
Quote:
Originally Posted by selluminis View Post

I am running the XSPC ex360 and it also has no issues. I think most of the issues come from the 420 rads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivarthcaz View Post

I use the XSPC RX360 radiator at the top of mine in push/pull without any spacing issues or lining up with the pre-drilled holes. This rad in push/pull, probably even push, would be able to cool that cpu and one gpu. If you were to add another gpu, however, you would want some more radiator. There's space at the bottom of the case to do so without modification. You would only have to remove the bottom hard drive cage.

Does your RX360 block the motherboard molex connector from reaching it? think i saw a review somewhere where the guy couldnt reach it and had to leave out a fan. Might have been the 420 though.
post #1644 of 13600
hey guys, what screws do you guys use to mount the rad to the top on a push/pull config?


I just tried to fit the SR-1 (57mm) with the included screws and looks like I can't mount it with them.

450450

when I try to mount the AP-15 to the rad there is only about a mm or two of extra treads so I doubt I can just use these long, black screws and attach the fans to the rad and to the case.

I think I might have to go to Menard's tomorrow to get longer screws? frown.gif
 
AirPC
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 2500k Asrock Z68 Fatal1ty Professional  Powercolor 7970 G.Skill Sniper 2133 MHz 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Agility 3 Asus Blu-ray combo drive XSPC Raystorm EK FC-7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Koolance PMP-450 Black Ice SR-1 360 xspc d5 dual bay reservoir Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Potalion 2710qw Logitech G510 Corsair TX850M v2 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Logitech G400 Asus Xonar DX Creative Aurvana Live Logitech C310 
Other
hauppauge colossus 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-2500k @4.5 GHz 1.325v MSI P67A-G43 EVGA GeForce GTX 570  8 GB Samsung Eco  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Agility 3 240 gb WD 500 GB 2 TBGreen OCZ Agility 3 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus DVD+R Noctua DH-14 Windows 7 64-bit Acer 23.6" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Standard Antec Truepower New 650w NZXT Source 210 Sidewinder X8 
Mouse Pad
Nvidia freebie lulz 
  hide details  
Reply
 
AirPC
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 2500k Asrock Z68 Fatal1ty Professional  Powercolor 7970 G.Skill Sniper 2133 MHz 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Agility 3 Asus Blu-ray combo drive XSPC Raystorm EK FC-7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Koolance PMP-450 Black Ice SR-1 360 xspc d5 dual bay reservoir Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Potalion 2710qw Logitech G510 Corsair TX850M v2 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Logitech G400 Asus Xonar DX Creative Aurvana Live Logitech C310 
Other
hauppauge colossus 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-2500k @4.5 GHz 1.325v MSI P67A-G43 EVGA GeForce GTX 570  8 GB Samsung Eco  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Agility 3 240 gb WD 500 GB 2 TBGreen OCZ Agility 3 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus DVD+R Noctua DH-14 Windows 7 64-bit Acer 23.6" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Standard Antec Truepower New 650w NZXT Source 210 Sidewinder X8 
Mouse Pad
Nvidia freebie lulz 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1645 of 13600
Wow, I'm impressed! Two quick responses!

Does anyone know of any 420 rads that fit into the screw holes w/o having to drill?
post #1646 of 13600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulion View Post

Wow, I'm impressed! Two quick responses!
Does anyone know of any 420 rads that fit into the screw holes w/o having to drill?

Black Ice Stealth 420 fits! thumb.gif
Captivity
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3820 EVGA X79 FTW MSI 7950TF3 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
WD Caviar Black Swiftech Helix 120mm Cougar CF-V14HB Vortex PMP-450S 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Cape Corp Coolpex Pro 50LT XSPC EX480 Primochill 1/2" OD Rigid Acrylic Tube Primochill 1/2" OD Rigid Ghost Compression Fitt... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC EX420 EK Supreme LT Bitspower 90 Degree Angle Fittings XSPC EX420 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional 64bit Acer 23" Seasonic X 850 CaseLabs Merlin ST10 
  hide details  
Reply
Captivity
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3820 EVGA X79 FTW MSI 7950TF3 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
WD Caviar Black Swiftech Helix 120mm Cougar CF-V14HB Vortex PMP-450S 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Cape Corp Coolpex Pro 50LT XSPC EX480 Primochill 1/2" OD Rigid Acrylic Tube Primochill 1/2" OD Rigid Ghost Compression Fitt... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC EX420 EK Supreme LT Bitspower 90 Degree Angle Fittings XSPC EX420 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional 64bit Acer 23" Seasonic X 850 CaseLabs Merlin ST10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1647 of 13600
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rkrage View Post

hey guys, what screws do you guys use to mount the rad to the top on a push/pull config?
I just tried to fit the SR-1 (57mm) with the included screws and looks like I can't mount it with them.
450450
when I try to mount the AP-15 to the rad there is only about a mm or two of extra treads so I doubt I can just use these long, black screws and attach the fans to the rad and to the case.
I think I might have to go to Menard's tomorrow to get longer screws? frown.gif

Get 6/32 1.5inch screws. Should do it.
post #1648 of 13600
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansen6 View Post

Does your RX360 block the motherboard molex connector from reaching it? think i saw a review somewhere where the guy couldnt reach it and had to leave out a fan. Might have been the 420 though.

That was a probably a 420. I hadn't heard of anyone having that issue with a RX360.
Edited by selluminis - 3/15/12 at 8:33am
post #1649 of 13600
Don't use 1.5" screws I think they are too long, you might puncture your rad. I'm using 1 1/4" and I think those are JUST enough. The original screws are just 30mm (1 1/4" is 31.75mm).
Captivation II
(16 items)
 
Captivation
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme EVGA GTX 780 EVGA GTX 780 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
EVGA GTX 780 G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 32GB 1866 Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Western Digital Black Windows 7 64-bit Professional ASUS VG248QE ASUS VG248QE 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
ASUS VG248QE XFX 1250W NZXT Switch 810 Zowie 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 ASUS P6T GeForce GTX 570 6GB Kingston 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
64GB OCZ Vertex 1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Asus VG236H 
PowerCase
Antec Truepower 750W Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
Captivation II
(16 items)
 
Captivation
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme EVGA GTX 780 EVGA GTX 780 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
EVGA GTX 780 G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 32GB 1866 Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Western Digital Black Windows 7 64-bit Professional ASUS VG248QE ASUS VG248QE 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
ASUS VG248QE XFX 1250W NZXT Switch 810 Zowie 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 ASUS P6T GeForce GTX 570 6GB Kingston 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
64GB OCZ Vertex 1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Asus VG236H 
PowerCase
Antec Truepower 750W Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1650 of 13600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captivate View Post

Don't use 1.5" screws I think they are too long, you might puncture your rad. I'm using 1 1/4" and I think those are JUST enough. The original screws are just 30mm (1 1/4" is 31.75mm).

I believe that they typically use 1 1/8" long screws. I've used 1" screws with success though - they're JUST long enough.
Captivity
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3820 EVGA X79 FTW MSI 7950TF3 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
WD Caviar Black Swiftech Helix 120mm Cougar CF-V14HB Vortex PMP-450S 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Cape Corp Coolpex Pro 50LT XSPC EX480 Primochill 1/2" OD Rigid Acrylic Tube Primochill 1/2" OD Rigid Ghost Compression Fitt... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC EX420 EK Supreme LT Bitspower 90 Degree Angle Fittings XSPC EX420 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional 64bit Acer 23" Seasonic X 850 CaseLabs Merlin ST10 
  hide details  
Reply
Captivity
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3820 EVGA X79 FTW MSI 7950TF3 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
WD Caviar Black Swiftech Helix 120mm Cougar CF-V14HB Vortex PMP-450S 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Cape Corp Coolpex Pro 50LT XSPC EX480 Primochill 1/2" OD Rigid Acrylic Tube Primochill 1/2" OD Rigid Ghost Compression Fitt... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC EX420 EK Supreme LT Bitspower 90 Degree Angle Fittings XSPC EX420 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional 64bit Acer 23" Seasonic X 850 CaseLabs Merlin ST10 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Official NZXT Switch 810 thread