Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Official NZXT Switch 810 thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official NZXT Switch 810 thread - Page 392

Poll Results: Which Color Version are you buying

Poll expired: Feb 28, 2012  
  • 58% (44)
    White/Black
  • 41% (31)
    Black/black
75 Total Votes  
post #3911 of 13812
@ crazygood33..

Sounds like either the bit is very dull and or your dremel does not have enough power to push the bit through the metal. Is the dremel cordless or do you plug it in to the wall?
I don't own a dremel but I know with my dewalt drill I can drill through sheet metal with even with older bits in seconds.
post #3912 of 13812
Deleted
Edited by IT Diva - 9/12/12 at 10:33am
post #3913 of 13812
I really want the fittings on the top rad to be at the back (saves me a bunch of cutting and modding). If I have to I'll just move the rear case fan to the outside of the case to allow for clearance. I am also aware of the clearance issues with 60mm thick rads and some mobos. I'll just run a pull configuration if its gonna be too close. From the tests and reviews I've seen the difference between push/pull and pull configs are a couple of degrees (really not enough to be concerned about). It looks like I will have to drill holes for the bottom rad as well, the pa120.2 uses 25mm spacing for the holes. For christ sakes, why can't these manufacturers come up with a set of standards to follow.
post #3914 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgtuning View Post

@ crazygood33..
Sounds like either the bit is very dull and or your dremel does not have enough power to push the bit through the metal. Is the dremel cordless or do you plug it in to the wall?
I don't own a dremel but I know with my dewalt drill I can drill through sheet metal with even with older bits in seconds.

Drill bits are brand new. Just got em today. Drill itself is an old corded one. I use a combo of drill and dremel because the drill cant seem to punch through. Dremel is corded as well. Idk what the issue is and drills are expensive. Idk if new drills would be any better or not?

I'm going to borrow my friends drill to see if it's mine that's the issue or not.
Edited by crazyg0od33 - 5/20/12 at 3:28pm
post #3915 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyg0od33 View Post

Drill bits are brand new. Just got em today. Drill itself is an old corded one. I use a combo of drill and dremel because the drill cant seem to punch through. Dremel is corded as well. Idk what the issue is and drills are expensive. Idk if new drills would be any better or not?
I'm going to borrow my friends drill to see if it's mine that's the issue or not.

Maybe the rpm of the drill isn't fast enough and it doesn't have the torque. IDK. wish I could help more.
post #3916 of 13812
Deleted
Edited by IT Diva - 9/12/12 at 10:33am
post #3917 of 13812
Deleted
Edited by IT Diva - 9/12/12 at 10:33am
post #3918 of 13812
Isn't buying a 360 rad a better option? Performance shouldn't be significally lower, especially when you are using only 2 waterblocks in your loop. I think 420 rad is unnecessary.
post #3919 of 13812
Deleted
Edited by IT Diva - 9/12/12 at 10:35am
post #3920 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxxor View Post

Isn't buying a 360 rad a better option? Performance shouldn't be significally lower, especially when you are using only 2 waterblocks in your loop. I think 420 rad is unnecessary.

I kind of answered this already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scar69 View Post

I admit it is overkill now but I used to have 2 4870's in xfire and tons of fans back when I was air cooling. I've got a phobya g-changer 420 ordered for the top. Here's a pic of what I'm kinda planning right now. The two rads will give me plenty of cooling if I decide to Xfire with another 6870 and should provide me lots of overclocking headroom with the i5 3570K. My Chronos Deluxe 240GB will probably be stuck somewhere with velcro.
450

Watercooling parts ordered and shipped -

Phobya G-Changer 420 rad
XSPC Raystorm CPU Block
EK 6870 Nickel Full Coverage
XSPC Dual Bay Res
Masterkleer UV White Tubing 1/2 ID - 3/4 OD
Monsoon Compression Fittings (Blue)
Primochill Anti-kink Coils (Gloss Blue)
Phobya 45* Adapters
Phobya 21mm extensions

Already owned -

Thermochill PA120.2 Rad
Swiftech 655 Pump

New Components ordered and shipped -

Asus P8Z77-V Mobo
Core i5 3570K
Radeon HD 6870
G-Skill F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH Ripjawz
Bitfenix 140mm Spectre Pro All Black fans
Bitfenix 120mm Spectre Pro All Black fans
NZXT Sleeved LED Kit (White)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Official NZXT Switch 810 thread