Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Official NZXT Switch 810 thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official NZXT Switch 810 thread - Page 636

Poll Results: Which Color Version are you buying

Poll expired: Feb 28, 2012  
  • 58% (44)
    White/Black
  • 41% (31)
    Black/black
75 Total Votes  
post #6351 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiHawk560 View Post

I plan to cut away portion of the bay any ways as to not impede airflow. I also would like the bay corner not to be visible from the window so that portion will be removed as well.
I can't remember where but I seem to remember reading somewhere in this thread not all 420's will fit. I just don't want to buy a radiator that won't fit like with my current case and have to sell it because likely it will be purchased from out of country.
Ooh I just seen the UT60 420 is available for me to order. I wonder will it fit with push pull or will I have to go strictly pull?

You were right about there being quite a few 420 rad screw holes that don't align with the Switch. It will fit push pull aslong as you can still plug in your CPU 8 Pin and it clears the top heatsinks on the motherboard. Anyways, the Phobya G-Changer doesn't line up, & the Black Ice Stealth 420 does (and is 30mm thick) You can check out mironccr's worklog showing how tight of a fit it is (G-Changer is 60mm thick).
Simplicity
(16 items)
 
#2 PC
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI Gaming Z170A EVGA GTX 980 Classified Crucial Ballistix Tactical (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2666 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 950 Cryorig H7 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CrossOver 2560x1440 IPS 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Capstone 550-M Phanteks Enthoo Pro RAZER Abyssus Mirror Special Edition XTRAC Ripper 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX Dayton Audio B652 Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier 8 Inch 60-Watt Powered Subwoofer 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel q9300 Intel DP45SG MSI TFII GTX 660 Corsair Dominator 1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force 3 90gb Deepcool Gammaxx 300 Windows 7 Samsung SyncMaster 932bw 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Rosewill Lightning 800w CM Stryker Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
Simplicity
(16 items)
 
#2 PC
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI Gaming Z170A EVGA GTX 980 Classified Crucial Ballistix Tactical (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2666 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 950 Cryorig H7 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CrossOver 2560x1440 IPS 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Capstone 550-M Phanteks Enthoo Pro RAZER Abyssus Mirror Special Edition XTRAC Ripper 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX Dayton Audio B652 Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier 8 Inch 60-Watt Powered Subwoofer 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel q9300 Intel DP45SG MSI TFII GTX 660 Corsair Dominator 1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force 3 90gb Deepcool Gammaxx 300 Windows 7 Samsung SyncMaster 932bw 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Rosewill Lightning 800w CM Stryker Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6352 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagz View Post

You were right about there being quite a few 420 rad screw holes that don't align with the Switch. It will fit push pull aslong as you can still plug in your CPU 8 Pin and it clears the top heatsinks on the motherboard. Anyways, the Phobya G-Changer doesn't line up, & the Black Ice Stealth 420 does (and is 30mm thick) You can check out mironccr's worklog showing how tight of a fit it is (G-Changer is 60mm thick).

Thanks a bunch jagz. This helped me so much! It appears he simply had to drill holes. What I was afraid of was having to make cuts and get my friend to weld plates back in place and stuff.

I am looking to go very quiet near silent in this build so I won't be able to use a radiator like the stealth 420. Would it be ridiculous to consider a strictly pull setup on the top with a 60mm thick radiator and low rpm speeds? There will only be an i7 3770k and gtx 670 in the loop. I am also going to put a 280mm radiator in the bottom for super overkill.
Winter Nights
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI Z77A-GD65 EVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB  MSI GTX 670 OC 2GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCase
G.Skill ARES 2x4GB  Crucail M4 128gb what is that? Bitfenix Shinobi 
Mouse
Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
Winter Nights
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI Z77A-GD65 EVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB  MSI GTX 670 OC 2GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCase
G.Skill ARES 2x4GB  Crucail M4 128gb what is that? Bitfenix Shinobi 
Mouse
Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6353 of 13812
Hey guys, do you think this pump will hold in this position with the two holes to the right screwed in and the other two zip-ties around the grommets?

No name yet. =(
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2 x EVGA GTX 680 HydroCopper 16GB Corsair Vengeance (4x4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Primary-Corsair Force Series GT 240GB Storage-WD Caviar Green 1TB LG Blu-Ray Burner Water Cooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung S23A950D Corsair Vengeance K90 Corsair AX850 
CaseMouseAudio
NZXT Switch 810 (White) Razer Mamba Logitech G930 
  hide details  
Reply
No name yet. =(
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2 x EVGA GTX 680 HydroCopper 16GB Corsair Vengeance (4x4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Primary-Corsair Force Series GT 240GB Storage-WD Caviar Green 1TB LG Blu-Ray Burner Water Cooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung S23A950D Corsair Vengeance K90 Corsair AX850 
CaseMouseAudio
NZXT Switch 810 (White) Razer Mamba Logitech G930 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6354 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiHawk560 View Post

Thanks a bunch jagz. This helped me so much! It appears he simply had to drill holes. What I was afraid of was having to make cuts and get my friend to weld plates back in place and stuff.
I am looking to go very quiet near silent in this build so I won't be able to use a radiator like the stealth 420. Would it be ridiculous to consider a strictly pull setup on the top with a 60mm thick radiator and low rpm speeds? There will only be an i7 3770k and gtx 670 in the loop. I am also going to put a 280mm radiator in the bottom for super overkill.
Doesn't sound terribly effective to me, but IDK. Alright so you want a low FPI rad to run fans at low rpm's, check out bundymania's 360 rad roundup you can see which rads did well at low rpm fans. I assume the 420mm variants of those 360 rads would be the same more or less.
Simplicity
(16 items)
 
#2 PC
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI Gaming Z170A EVGA GTX 980 Classified Crucial Ballistix Tactical (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2666 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 950 Cryorig H7 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CrossOver 2560x1440 IPS 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Capstone 550-M Phanteks Enthoo Pro RAZER Abyssus Mirror Special Edition XTRAC Ripper 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX Dayton Audio B652 Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier 8 Inch 60-Watt Powered Subwoofer 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel q9300 Intel DP45SG MSI TFII GTX 660 Corsair Dominator 1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force 3 90gb Deepcool Gammaxx 300 Windows 7 Samsung SyncMaster 932bw 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Rosewill Lightning 800w CM Stryker Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
Simplicity
(16 items)
 
#2 PC
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI Gaming Z170A EVGA GTX 980 Classified Crucial Ballistix Tactical (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2666 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 950 Cryorig H7 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CrossOver 2560x1440 IPS 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Capstone 550-M Phanteks Enthoo Pro RAZER Abyssus Mirror Special Edition XTRAC Ripper 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX Dayton Audio B652 Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier 8 Inch 60-Watt Powered Subwoofer 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel q9300 Intel DP45SG MSI TFII GTX 660 Corsair Dominator 1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force 3 90gb Deepcool Gammaxx 300 Windows 7 Samsung SyncMaster 932bw 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Rosewill Lightning 800w CM Stryker Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6355 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPwnage View Post

Hey guys, do you think this pump will hold in this position with the two holes to the right screwed in and the other two zip-ties around the grommets?

Huh? Sorry maybe I'm not reading that closely enough...but if you do it the way I did (because that looks very similar to my setup) all I did was use the two default holes on the pump top support bracket. I lined up the hole on the right with an existing hole in the motherboard tray, and then levelled it out and marked the one on the left, drilled it out, and secured it down with the two supplied screws and nuts. Also used the foam dampening that came with it.
post #6356 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagz View Post

Doesn't sound terribly effective to me, but IDK. Alright so you want a low FPI rad to run fans at low rpm's, check out bundymania's 360 rad roundup you can see which rads did well at low rpm fans. I assume the 420mm variants of those 360 rads would be the same more or less.

Kudos to you again my friend. Looks like I will be going with the UT60. I created a thread a couple days ago asking about silence and that is what was suggested. Those results look to be much in favor of the UT60.
Winter Nights
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI Z77A-GD65 EVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB  MSI GTX 670 OC 2GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCase
G.Skill ARES 2x4GB  Crucail M4 128gb what is that? Bitfenix Shinobi 
Mouse
Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
Winter Nights
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI Z77A-GD65 EVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB  MSI GTX 670 OC 2GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCase
G.Skill ARES 2x4GB  Crucail M4 128gb what is that? Bitfenix Shinobi 
Mouse
Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6357 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCModderMike View Post

Huh? Sorry maybe I'm not reading that closely enough...but if you do it the way I did (because that looks very similar to my setup) all I did was use the two default holes on the pump top support bracket. I lined up the hole on the right with an existing hole in the motherboard tray, and then levelled it out and marked the one on the left, drilled it out, and secured it down with the two supplied screws and nuts. Also used the foam dampening that came with it.

That's basically what I'm gonna do.

These two holes are gonna be secured with the screw and nut.


Basically, what I'm wondering is if these two holes will be enough support.

Or will I need to secure these two with zip-ties as well?
No name yet. =(
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2 x EVGA GTX 680 HydroCopper 16GB Corsair Vengeance (4x4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Primary-Corsair Force Series GT 240GB Storage-WD Caviar Green 1TB LG Blu-Ray Burner Water Cooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung S23A950D Corsair Vengeance K90 Corsair AX850 
CaseMouseAudio
NZXT Switch 810 (White) Razer Mamba Logitech G930 
  hide details  
Reply
No name yet. =(
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2 x EVGA GTX 680 HydroCopper 16GB Corsair Vengeance (4x4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Primary-Corsair Force Series GT 240GB Storage-WD Caviar Green 1TB LG Blu-Ray Burner Water Cooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung S23A950D Corsair Vengeance K90 Corsair AX850 
CaseMouseAudio
NZXT Switch 810 (White) Razer Mamba Logitech G930 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6358 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPwnage View Post

That's basically what I'm gonna do.
These two holes are gonna be secured with the screw and nut.

Basically, what I'm wondering is if these two holes will be enough support.
Or will I need to secure these two with zip-ties as well?

I would use the top left and top right corners, and that would be plenty, especially when used with the adhesive dampening pad which is super sticky and strong.
post #6359 of 13812
It should work fine. I have my pump secured only with the top right/bottom left and the others hanging loose and it doesnt move a millimeter
post #6360 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyg0od33 View Post

It should work fine. I have my pump secured only with the top right/bottom left and the others hanging loose and it doesnt move a millimeter

Exactly
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Official NZXT Switch 810 thread