Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Official NZXT Switch 810 thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official NZXT Switch 810 thread - Page 929

Poll Results: Which Color Version are you buying

Poll expired: Feb 28, 2012  
  • 58% (44)
    White/Black
  • 41% (31)
    Black/black
75 Total Votes  
post #9281 of 13812
Hey guys I just completed my Project - Red Viper (Switch810) build not too long ago and gathered alot of info from this thread as well as comments/inputs from friendly peeps here.
Just wanted to share my buildlog is at http://www.overclock.net/t/1298593/work-log-project-red-viper-switch-810-completed

Just 1 image of it here
IMG_2414.jpg

If peeps here would be willing to help me vote on my build on http://www.cooledpc.com/build/279 that would be so awesome if I could at least win another CPU to do another build in the future smile.gif

Thanks tones!
post #9282 of 13812
Very nice!
post #9283 of 13812
hi there good people of OCN
okay, so I have decide to go with this case to build my new rig
the idea is to using a 420mm rad on top, and I want to use push/pull setup on it.
for the top fans, I want to use this fan which is a 3,8mm thick fan, not standard 2,5mm
my (stupid) question is, is this fan gonna fit nicely on it?
what I mean is, after I install this fan, can I install the top cover?
hopefully someone have a good answer for me, thanks in advance folks thumb.gif
post #9284 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko no yaro View Post

hi there good people of OCN
okay, so I have decide to go with this case to build my new rig
the idea is to using a 420mm rad on top, and I want to use push/pull setup on it.
for the top fans, I want to use this fan which is a 3,8mm thick fan, not standard 2,5mm
my (stupid) question is, is this fan gonna fit nicely on it?
what I mean is, after I install this fan, can I install the top cover?
hopefully someone have a good answer for me, thanks in advance folks thumb.gif

You have just about 85mm of room up top from the metal to where most motherboards start.

Some people are able to squeeze in a 60mm thick radiator and a 25mm fan (with 25mm fans on the outside of the metal case but are still INSIDE the top plastic cover).

So it all depends on what thickness your 420 radiator is.

Theoretically it is possible using those 38mm fans IF your 420 radiator is 47mm or less in thickness. Given that several are 45mm thick, you might be able to do that. But it all depends on the 420. The Black Ice GT Xtreme 420 is 55.7mm thick, so that won't fit. But the Black Ice GT Stealth 420 is only 31.3mm thick, so that will work.
post #9285 of 13812
does anyone remember the Motherboard back lighting with LEDs on this club? could someone please find it for me?
"Black & Red"
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k ASUS Maximus V Formula Sapphire HD 7950 OC 950Mhz Edition G.Skill 16GB (2x8G) 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 (F3-10666C... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS DRW-24B3ST DVD Burner Antec Kuhler 920 
PowerCase
Corsair AX 750 Corsair C70 
  hide details  
Reply
"Black & Red"
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k ASUS Maximus V Formula Sapphire HD 7950 OC 950Mhz Edition G.Skill 16GB (2x8G) 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 (F3-10666C... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS DRW-24B3ST DVD Burner Antec Kuhler 920 
PowerCase
Corsair AX 750 Corsair C70 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9286 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47 Knucklehead View Post

You have just about 85mm of room up top from the metal to where most motherboards start.
Some people are able to squeeze in a 60mm thick radiator and a 25mm fan (with 25mm fans on the outside of the metal case but are still INSIDE the top plastic cover).
So it all depends on what thickness your 420 radiator is.
Theoretically it is possible using those 38mm fans IF your 420 radiator is 47mm or less in thickness. Given that several are 45mm thick, you might be able to do that. But it all depends on the 420. The Black Ice GT Xtreme 420 is 55.7mm thick, so that won't fit. But the Black Ice GT Stealth 420 is only 31.3mm thick, so that will work.

I think it's probably closer to 80mm. IF 85mm you would be able to fit a 60mm + fan(60+25=85) with any motheboard setup which is not the case.
Vespula vulgaris
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k MSI Z77 Mpower MSI N670GTX OC Mushkin Blackline Enhanced 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 128GB Swiftech Apogee HD 4 port XSPC Dual Bay Res D5 Black Koolance screw plug G1/4" Black x 14 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Mayhem's Pastel Sunset Yellow x3 Alphacool Cape Corp Coolplex Pro 25 LT Dazmode D5 STORM Vario Monsoon 3/8" - 5/8"  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon 5/8" 90* Akasa Viper 140mm x9 Watercool HEATKILLER® GPU-X³ GTX 670 Ni-Bl Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 420mm 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 140mm Windows 7 64 bit Benq GL2250 Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w 
CaseMouseOther
NZXT Switch 810 SE Matte Black  Razer Deathadder MDPC  
  hide details  
Reply
Vespula vulgaris
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k MSI Z77 Mpower MSI N670GTX OC Mushkin Blackline Enhanced 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 128GB Swiftech Apogee HD 4 port XSPC Dual Bay Res D5 Black Koolance screw plug G1/4" Black x 14 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Mayhem's Pastel Sunset Yellow x3 Alphacool Cape Corp Coolplex Pro 25 LT Dazmode D5 STORM Vario Monsoon 3/8" - 5/8"  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon 5/8" 90* Akasa Viper 140mm x9 Watercool HEATKILLER® GPU-X³ GTX 670 Ni-Bl Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 420mm 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 140mm Windows 7 64 bit Benq GL2250 Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w 
CaseMouseOther
NZXT Switch 810 SE Matte Black  Razer Deathadder MDPC  
  hide details  
Reply
post #9287 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko no yaro View Post

hi there good people of OCN
okay, so I have decide to go with this case to build my new rig
the idea is to using a 420mm rad on top, and I want to use push/pull setup on it.
for the top fans, I want to use this fan which is a 3,8mm thick fan, not standard 2,5mm
my (stupid) question is, is this fan gonna fit nicely on it?
what I mean is, after I install this fan, can I install the top cover?
hopefully someone have a good answer for me, thanks in advance folks thumb.gif


Ain't a gonna work . . . .

The big reason is that it uses 120 fan sized mounting holes on a frame shape that does not lend itself to getting a good seal. Just trying to find a way to mount it would be a nightmare. It won't bolt up to a 140 sized rad.

It won't fit on top under the louvered trim cover, it's too tall, and while it could fit with a thin rad on the inside, it makes no sense at all to put a 38mm fan on a ~ 35 mm thick rad.

There's much better performance with 25mm fans and a 45mm rad.

Darlene
post #9288 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47 Knucklehead View Post

You have just about 85mm of room up top from the metal to where most motherboards start.
Some people are able to squeeze in a 60mm thick radiator and a 25mm fan (with 25mm fans on the outside of the metal case but are still INSIDE the top plastic cover).
So it all depends on what thickness your 420 radiator is.
Theoretically it is possible using those 38mm fans IF your 420 radiator is 47mm or less in thickness. Given that several are 45mm thick, you might be able to do that. But it all depends on the 420. The Black Ice GT Xtreme 420 is 55.7mm thick, so that won't fit. But the Black Ice GT Stealth 420 is only 31.3mm thick, so that will work.

roger that, the rad that I'm about to use is Koolance's (HX-CU1403V), the thickness I believe is 30.5mm by the way
but what I asked is not the space between the mobo and the rad buddy (space for the fans under the rad) but the space for the fans above the rad (in the empty room, between the top side of the rad up to the case's cover)
there where we suppose to put the fans above the rad right?
thanks bud thumb.gif


Quote:
Originally Posted by IT Diva View Post

Ain't a gonna work . . . .
The big reason is that it uses 120 fan sized mounting holes on a frame shape that does not lend itself to getting a good seal. Just trying to find a way to mount it would be a nightmare. It won't bolt up to a 140 sized rad.

point taken, and I'm sorry apparently I forgot to mention that I'm aware of that issue and I'm about to use this adapter to (try to) solve that
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT Diva View Post

It won't fit on top under the louvered trim cover, it's too tall, and while it could fit with a thin rad on the inside, it makes no sense at all to put a 38mm fan on a ~ 35 mm thick rad.
There's much better performance with 25mm fans and a 45mm rad.
Darlene

@bold line
so can you quote me how much space (in mm) precisely on that particular room/space? I know it is ridiculous to use 38mm fan just for a 30.5mm rad, but it's just I really love that fan.
And I happen to have 3 of them right now LOL
and also thanks ma'am for your answer thumb.gif
post #9289 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko no yaro View Post

roger that, the rad that I'm about to use is Koolance's (HX-CU1403V), the thickness I believe is 30.5mm by the way
but what I asked is not the space between the mobo and the rad buddy (space for the fans under the rad) but the space for the fans above the rad (in the empty room, between the top side of the rad up to the case's cover)
there where we suppose to put the fans above the rad right?
thanks bud thumb.gif

Ah, my mistake.

I whipped out a ruler and put it between the top part of the metal and the boom most (from what I can tell) part of the plastic vent, and it appear to be at most 33mm. So I don't think it will work for your 38mm thick fans up there with the top on.
post #9290 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47 Knucklehead View Post

Ah, my mistake.
I whipped out a ruler and put it between the top part of the metal and the boom most (from what I can tell) part of the plastic vent, and it appear to be at most 33mm. So I don't think it will work for your 38mm thick fans up there with the top on.

now that is what I've been looking for.. too bad it's a bad news LOL thanks again man thumb.gif
well, no top cover it is then.. anyway, do you know what 140mm fan have a pretty high static pressure bud? the 25mm fan obviously biggrin.gif
EDIT : pretty high static pressure IMO is >1,5mm H2O
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Official NZXT Switch 810 thread