Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Official NZXT Switch 810 thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official NZXT Switch 810 thread - Page 991

Poll Results: Which Color Version are you buying

Poll expired: Feb 28, 2012  
  • 58% (44)
    White/Black
  • 41% (31)
    Black/black
75 Total Votes  
post #9901 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey81 View Post

I may be misinformed, but I thought it was just hibernation that degraded the SSD more quickly. This being that during hibernation the active data is written to the C drive (or wherever you have chose to send the hibernation info) while sleep merely "suspends to RAM" and basically only keeps the RAM active and shuts down most of the rest of the system. If this is true then sleep does no damage to you SSD whatsoever. In fact it may help sustain it longer since the system isn't active while sleeping.

You are right, confused hibernate and sleep. However personally I would just shut my computer down over putting it to sleep, the difference between waking it up and start up will be minimal.
N7 Armor
(14 items)
 
Liara
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3930k MSI Big Bang - Xpower II MSI Radeon HD 7970 MSI Radeon HD 7970 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
MSI Radeon HD 7970 Corsair Dominator GT Intel 520 Series Intel 520 Series 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mass Effect 3 Edition Corsair AX1200 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Imperator Mass Effect 3 Edition Razer Mass Effects 3 Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
N7 Armor
(14 items)
 
Liara
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3930k MSI Big Bang - Xpower II MSI Radeon HD 7970 MSI Radeon HD 7970 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
MSI Radeon HD 7970 Corsair Dominator GT Intel 520 Series Intel 520 Series 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mass Effect 3 Edition Corsair AX1200 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Imperator Mass Effect 3 Edition Razer Mass Effects 3 Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9902 of 13812
I guess thats true...especially now with windows 8 (gotta love free software through the university biggrin.gif ) it boots in like 5 seconds (only POST). I removed the windows startup screen because logging in EVERY time was an annoyance (I know, "firstworldproblems") so I got rid of it and it boots straight to desktop biggrin.gif

cool, maybe I'll just skip sleep...
post #9903 of 13812
Ya, recent PC i built with windows 8 boots in like 5 seconds. It's real nice.
post #9904 of 13812
first world problems lachen.gif
post #9905 of 13812
Farewell fellow Switch owners....my time inside this great case has come to an end.

For sale thread going up soon for all my water cooling gear.
post #9906 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCModderMike View Post

Farewell fellow Switch owners....my time inside this great case has come to an end.

For sale thread going up soon for all my water cooling gear.


Yeah I'm leaving it behind also. It is a great case, but Customer Service pretty much spits on you. This company owes Xnine a lot! What did you get?
 
"MSI GT70"
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4700MQ NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780M 32GB 1600MHz 128GB SSD Triple Raid 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB SSD 128GB SSD 1TB  Blueray 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Professional  17: 1920x1080 
  hide details  
Reply
 
"MSI GT70"
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4700MQ NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780M 32GB 1600MHz 128GB SSD Triple Raid 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB SSD 128GB SSD 1TB  Blueray 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Professional  17: 1920x1080 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9907 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickCrowely View Post

Yeah I'm leaving it behind also. It is a great case, but Customer Service pretty much spits on you. This company owes Xnine a lot! What did you get?

I definitely agree with that, everyone ended up running to Xnine to get their issues resolved, and the man does take care of it! I'm downsizing, big time, moving into a SilverStone FT03.
post #9908 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCModderMike View Post

I definitely agree with that, everyone ended up running to Xnine to get their issues resolved, and the man does take care of it! I'm downsizing, big time, moving into a SilverStone FT03. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

That looks like a great case.

Any specific reason why you leaving the big world and going small. Apart from it seems that small builds are the rave lately and I can see why.
post #9909 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassilamba View Post

That looks like a great case.
Any specific reason why you leaving the big world and going small. Apart from it seems that small builds are the rave lately and I can see why.

Besides wanting something small and super clean and simplistic....I've invested way too much time, effort, and most importantly $$$$ into my water cooling "addiction" over the past couple years. Figured if there's no loop anymore, there will no longer be the temptation to continually upgrade it and change it. We'll see how that goes. biggrin.gif
post #9910 of 13812
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCModderMike View Post

Besides wanting something small and super clean and simplistic....I've invested way too much time, effort, and most importantly $$$$ into my water cooling "addiction" over the past couple years. Figured if there's no loop anymore, there will no longer be the temptation to continually upgrade it and change it. We'll see how that goes. biggrin.gif

I hear ya, on that one. I already have 4 rads in my switch and I just went ahead an ordered a monsta rad. Its worse than crack I guess....

Good luck to ya buddy, hope to see you in here now and then though.

thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Official NZXT Switch 810 thread