Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › Samsung 2x4Gb Low Voltage DDR3 1600 kit (OCing to 2400+) Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung 2x4Gb Low Voltage DDR3 1600 kit (OCing to 2400+) Discussion - Page 8

post #71 of 2062
I've been trying to ignore this thread but I finally caved in and pulled the trigger. Shipping was free for me at Tigerdirect BTW.
My computer
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-3930K Asus Rampage IV Extreme EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature + Backplate SLI Crucial Ballistix Elite 32GB 1866Mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
Crucial M4 256GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB 64MB Antec Kuhler 920 (Sycthe GT AP-15 x2) Asus VG278H + Asus VK278Q  
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX1200 Silverstone FT02B-W Logitech G700 Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
My computer
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-3930K Asus Rampage IV Extreme EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature + Backplate SLI Crucial Ballistix Elite 32GB 1866Mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
Crucial M4 256GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB 64MB Antec Kuhler 920 (Sycthe GT AP-15 x2) Asus VG278H + Asus VK278Q  
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX1200 Silverstone FT02B-W Logitech G700 Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #72 of 2062
Can I buy 2 sets and run 3x4gb with my i950?
 
HTPC
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @ 4.8ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2x EVGA GTX 980 Hydro Copper Samsung 16gb @ 10-11-11-21 1T - 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb, Crucial M4 256gb EK Supremacy full-nickel, EK, MB and GPU blocks 2x Alphacool Monsta 480, Koolance RP-452X2 2x Aquacomputer D5 Usb, MPS Flow 400, Inline Te... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64bit Dell U3011+Asus ROG PG278Q 144hz Corsair K70 EVGA SuperNOVA Classified 1500W 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs STH10 Logitech G502 Creative X-Fi Titanium HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8-3870K GIGABYTE GA-A75M-UD2H FM1 Nvidia GTX 660 Ti SAMSUNG 16gb DDR3 1600 Low Profile 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
SAMSUNG 840 Series 250GB SATA III 2 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 SATA 3 Asus Blu-Ray Drive Win7 Pro, Win Server 2k8 
PowerCaseAudio
SeaSonic X750 Gold SILVERSTONE Black Aluminum Steel Lascala Series  Onkyo TX-NR818 + Polk RTI A9s and CSI A6 
  hide details  
Reply
 
HTPC
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @ 4.8ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2x EVGA GTX 980 Hydro Copper Samsung 16gb @ 10-11-11-21 1T - 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb, Crucial M4 256gb EK Supremacy full-nickel, EK, MB and GPU blocks 2x Alphacool Monsta 480, Koolance RP-452X2 2x Aquacomputer D5 Usb, MPS Flow 400, Inline Te... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64bit Dell U3011+Asus ROG PG278Q 144hz Corsair K70 EVGA SuperNOVA Classified 1500W 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs STH10 Logitech G502 Creative X-Fi Titanium HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8-3870K GIGABYTE GA-A75M-UD2H FM1 Nvidia GTX 660 Ti SAMSUNG 16gb DDR3 1600 Low Profile 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
SAMSUNG 840 Series 250GB SATA III 2 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 SATA 3 Asus Blu-Ray Drive Win7 Pro, Win Server 2k8 
PowerCaseAudio
SeaSonic X750 Gold SILVERSTONE Black Aluminum Steel Lascala Series  Onkyo TX-NR818 + Polk RTI A9s and CSI A6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #73 of 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericeod View Post

Keep in mind he is pushing 2 kits and not just one. Second, not all kits OC the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokin View Post

The people who were able to get it to 2000-2200 were on the SB platform, so that might be why. These are still a great deal for the price, a lot of the sub-$40-$50 RAM from Newegg don't overclock much past their rated speed/timings.
I've been holding out on upgrading my RAM so I could buy the rest of my WCing parts, but this seems like the perfect kit for me. I'm not trying to hit high clocks, but achieve lower timings and if it can do CAS8 at 1600mhz with 1.5v, it's already better than the other RAM at this price range. With my current RAM, it's CAS7 at 1600mhz, but the stock voltage is 1.95V, so it's going to be nice for my IMC and motherboard to be dealing with less voltage.

Yep, I'm running 2133 10/10/10/28/1t @ 16gbs on sb no prob. I'm gonna see if I can run 2400 if I can keep the voltage low enough.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

Yep, I'm running 2133 10/10/10/28/1t @ 16gbs on sb no prob. I'm gonna see if I can run 2400 if I can keep the voltage low enough.

Does you motherboard support speed beyond 2133?
Misaka
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB Samsung DDR3 16 GB (30 nm) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128 GB WD Caviar Blue 1 TB Lite-on DVD Burner Thermalright Venomous X 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional x64 (Host) Crunchbang Linux x64 (Guest) HP 2311x HP PS/2 Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Capstone 450 W Rosewill Challenger Logitech M570 ASUS Xonar D1 
Other
Hauppauge HVR-1250 
  hide details  
Reply
Misaka
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB Samsung DDR3 16 GB (30 nm) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128 GB WD Caviar Blue 1 TB Lite-on DVD Burner Thermalright Venomous X 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional x64 (Host) Crunchbang Linux x64 (Guest) HP 2311x HP PS/2 Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Capstone 450 W Rosewill Challenger Logitech M570 ASUS Xonar D1 
Other
Hauppauge HVR-1250 
  hide details  
Reply
post #75 of 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpet-205 View Post

Does you motherboard support speed beyond 2133?

I dunno lol, but the bios option is there, so it must, it must dammit! Seriously though, I doubt it cuz do these imc have the required divider even?
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #76 of 2062
You're going to have to adjust the BCLK in order to get 2200.
post #77 of 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

I dunno lol, but the bios option is there, so it must, it must dammit! Seriously though, I doubt it cuz do these imc have the required divider even?

Looking at ASUS website, it doesn't mention speed beyond 2133.
Quote:
4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 2133(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1600/1333/1066 Hz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
* Refer to www.asus.com or user manual for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
* Due to CPU behavior, DDR3 2200/2000/1800 MHz memory module will run at DDR3 2133/1866/1600 MHz frequency as default.
Misaka
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB Samsung DDR3 16 GB (30 nm) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128 GB WD Caviar Blue 1 TB Lite-on DVD Burner Thermalright Venomous X 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional x64 (Host) Crunchbang Linux x64 (Guest) HP 2311x HP PS/2 Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Capstone 450 W Rosewill Challenger Logitech M570 ASUS Xonar D1 
Other
Hauppauge HVR-1250 
  hide details  
Reply
Misaka
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB Samsung DDR3 16 GB (30 nm) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128 GB WD Caviar Blue 1 TB Lite-on DVD Burner Thermalright Venomous X 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional x64 (Host) Crunchbang Linux x64 (Guest) HP 2311x HP PS/2 Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Capstone 450 W Rosewill Challenger Logitech M570 ASUS Xonar D1 
Other
Hauppauge HVR-1250 
  hide details  
Reply
post #78 of 2062
Thread Starter 
Only some of the ES SB chips supported the 2400 ram speed strap. There is some discussion on XS about this in their Samsung ram thread (around page 5 I believe):
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?277635-Ultra-low-profile-1.35v-30nm-DDR3-capable-of-2400MHz.-Perfect-for-SFF-builds.&p=5027875#post5027875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-Ro;5027873 
2400 divider works only on 1% of SB cpu's and on some ES.So it's not the board to blame it's the cpu.Go test 2133 9-10-10,how much v will require?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Dan;5027875 
SB Engineering Samples had the 2400 divider as well, it's still left in the BIOS but it doesn't work with retail CPUs.

Edited by ericeod - 2/6/12 at 2:07pm
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6850K ASUS X99-AII eVGA GTX 1060 32Gb Team Vulcan DDR4 3000 Cas 15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO NVME Crucial M500 Seagate HDD Samsung F3 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H100i Windows 10 Pro 64 Samsung KU6300 40" Corsair K70 Vengeance 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic Gold 750W Phantek Enthoo Pro M Logitech G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6850K ASUS X99-AII eVGA GTX 1060 32Gb Team Vulcan DDR4 3000 Cas 15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO NVME Crucial M500 Seagate HDD Samsung F3 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H100i Windows 10 Pro 64 Samsung KU6300 40" Corsair K70 Vengeance 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic Gold 750W Phantek Enthoo Pro M Logitech G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #79 of 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by sti-06 View Post

Can I buy 2 sets and run 3x4gb with my i950?
 
HTPC
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @ 4.8ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2x EVGA GTX 980 Hydro Copper Samsung 16gb @ 10-11-11-21 1T - 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb, Crucial M4 256gb EK Supremacy full-nickel, EK, MB and GPU blocks 2x Alphacool Monsta 480, Koolance RP-452X2 2x Aquacomputer D5 Usb, MPS Flow 400, Inline Te... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64bit Dell U3011+Asus ROG PG278Q 144hz Corsair K70 EVGA SuperNOVA Classified 1500W 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs STH10 Logitech G502 Creative X-Fi Titanium HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8-3870K GIGABYTE GA-A75M-UD2H FM1 Nvidia GTX 660 Ti SAMSUNG 16gb DDR3 1600 Low Profile 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
SAMSUNG 840 Series 250GB SATA III 2 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 SATA 3 Asus Blu-Ray Drive Win7 Pro, Win Server 2k8 
PowerCaseAudio
SeaSonic X750 Gold SILVERSTONE Black Aluminum Steel Lascala Series  Onkyo TX-NR818 + Polk RTI A9s and CSI A6 
  hide details  
Reply
 
HTPC
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @ 4.8ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2x EVGA GTX 980 Hydro Copper Samsung 16gb @ 10-11-11-21 1T - 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb, Crucial M4 256gb EK Supremacy full-nickel, EK, MB and GPU blocks 2x Alphacool Monsta 480, Koolance RP-452X2 2x Aquacomputer D5 Usb, MPS Flow 400, Inline Te... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64bit Dell U3011+Asus ROG PG278Q 144hz Corsair K70 EVGA SuperNOVA Classified 1500W 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs STH10 Logitech G502 Creative X-Fi Titanium HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8-3870K GIGABYTE GA-A75M-UD2H FM1 Nvidia GTX 660 Ti SAMSUNG 16gb DDR3 1600 Low Profile 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
SAMSUNG 840 Series 250GB SATA III 2 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 SATA 3 Asus Blu-Ray Drive Win7 Pro, Win Server 2k8 
PowerCaseAudio
SeaSonic X750 Gold SILVERSTONE Black Aluminum Steel Lascala Series  Onkyo TX-NR818 + Polk RTI A9s and CSI A6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #80 of 2062
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sti-06 View Post


Yes you can. You can also run all 16Gb with little to no hit in performance (depending on task) on a tri-channel system.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6850K ASUS X99-AII eVGA GTX 1060 32Gb Team Vulcan DDR4 3000 Cas 15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO NVME Crucial M500 Seagate HDD Samsung F3 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H100i Windows 10 Pro 64 Samsung KU6300 40" Corsair K70 Vengeance 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic Gold 750W Phantek Enthoo Pro M Logitech G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6850K ASUS X99-AII eVGA GTX 1060 32Gb Team Vulcan DDR4 3000 Cas 15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO NVME Crucial M500 Seagate HDD Samsung F3 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H100i Windows 10 Pro 64 Samsung KU6300 40" Corsair K70 Vengeance 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic Gold 750W Phantek Enthoo Pro M Logitech G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Memory
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › Samsung 2x4Gb Low Voltage DDR3 1600 kit (OCing to 2400+) Discussion