Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › CREATIVE OR ASUS ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CREATIVE OR ASUS ? - Page 3

post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post

On BF3 all that the sound card does with a stereo signal is just turn the digital signal sent from the game's audio engine and convert it to an analog signal, thats it.
Unless I see some evidence to the contrary.
Here is a pretty good overview on some different pc audio technologies that makes no mention of your claims.

As I keep saying, I have no idea why the reasoning behind it is. Ask a audiophile here on the forums why the reason is. The reasoning behind it I know has been said a few times, I just can't remember what it exactly.
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasteR View Post

As I keep saying, I have no idea why the reasoning behind it is. Ask a audiophile here on the forums why the reason is. The reasoning behind it I know has been said a few times, I just can't remember what it exactly.

I've seen that claim made as well but never any reasoning behind it. Its just one of those things one the forums that just gets repeated. The only evidence that I have seen like in that link that I posted points to the opposite. You might want to read that link.
Edited by BababooeyHTJ - 2/5/12 at 3:53pm
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H MSI TF3 7950 Tri-fire Samsung 30nm 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 320 160GB and a few samsung platters Windows7 x64 Catleap Q270 Rosewill mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Xigmatek Elysium Razer Deathadder Puretrak talent 
Audio
Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H MSI TF3 7950 Tri-fire Samsung 30nm 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 320 160GB and a few samsung platters Windows7 x64 Catleap Q270 Rosewill mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Xigmatek Elysium Razer Deathadder Puretrak talent 
Audio
Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post

I've seen that claim made as well but never any reasoning behind it. Its just one of those things one the forums that just gets repeated. The only evidence that I have seen like in that link that I posted points to the opposite. You might want to read that link.

I've read it in the past already.

From personal experience, to reasoning that others have given for the claims as to why x-fi cards are better for gaming.

Not sure what more to say. Just ask a Audiophile here on the forums and im sure one of them will be able to give you the reasoning behind it.
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasteR View Post

I've read it in the past already.
From personal experience, to reasoning that others have given for the claims as to why x-fi cards are better for gaming.
.

If I'm wrong then I'm sure that one of these supposed "audiophiles" will jump in but I'll be expecting some evidence to support these claims. Saying that a creative card somehow takes a standard digital signal and provides better positional audio without any other audio processing like cmss3d is not a subjective opinion. If this were to even be possible then there should be a good explanation as to why.

Point me to a link where you've read this in the past. My personal experience points towards the opposite opinion.
Quote:
Not sure what more to say. Just ask a Audiophile here on the forums and im sure one of them will be able to give you the reasoning behind it

It's an open forum. These people are free to hop in and prove me wrong. Thats what the forum is for. I'm just going to want to see a damn good explanation.

Also thats not an argument, pull up quote. Point me to another discussion or something. I don't know what else to say.
Edited by BababooeyHTJ - 2/5/12 at 3:56pm
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H MSI TF3 7950 Tri-fire Samsung 30nm 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 320 160GB and a few samsung platters Windows7 x64 Catleap Q270 Rosewill mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Xigmatek Elysium Razer Deathadder Puretrak talent 
Audio
Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H MSI TF3 7950 Tri-fire Samsung 30nm 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 320 160GB and a few samsung platters Windows7 x64 Catleap Q270 Rosewill mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Xigmatek Elysium Razer Deathadder Puretrak talent 
Audio
Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post

If I'm wrong then I'm sure that one of these supposed "audiophiles" will jump in but I'll be expecting some evidence to support these claims. Saying that a creative card somehow takes a standard digital signal and provides better positional audio without any other audio processing like cmss3d is not a subjective opinion. If this were to even be possible then there should be a good explanation as to why.
Point me to a link where you've read this in the past. My personal experience points towards the opposite opinion.
Quote:
Not sure what more to say. Just ask a Audiophile here on the forums and im sure one of them will be ble to give you the reasoning behind it
It's an open forum. These people are free to hop in and prove me wrong. Thats what the forum is for. I'm just going to want to see a damn good explanation.
Also thats not an argument, pull up quote. Point me to another discussion or something. I don't know what else to say.

Was never trying to argue. If you're actually looking for a answer though I do suggest messaging them yourself.

I'm done responding as we're both clearly saying the same thing over like it's a broken record.
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasteR View Post

Was never trying to argue. If you're actually looking for a answer though I do suggest messaging them yourself.
I'm done responding as we're both clearly saying the same thing over like it's a broken record.

Why don't you send this person a pm if you feel so passionate about your opinion. Maybe you can explain it to me. I've made a few points on why I feel thats not possible and posted a good link explaining some of the technologies used in pc audio which you have completely ignored. If you want to make a claim on an open forum be prepared to back it up with some facts, some reasoning, a link, something.

If I'm wrong then I'm sure that someone will point out why.
Edited by BababooeyHTJ - 2/5/12 at 6:06pm
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H MSI TF3 7950 Tri-fire Samsung 30nm 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 320 160GB and a few samsung platters Windows7 x64 Catleap Q270 Rosewill mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Xigmatek Elysium Razer Deathadder Puretrak talent 
Audio
Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H MSI TF3 7950 Tri-fire Samsung 30nm 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 320 160GB and a few samsung platters Windows7 x64 Catleap Q270 Rosewill mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Xigmatek Elysium Razer Deathadder Puretrak talent 
Audio
Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › CREATIVE OR ASUS ?