Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [TR] Intel's 520 Series solid-state drive - A new muse for Intel's 25-nm NAND
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TR] Intel's 520 Series solid-state drive - A new muse for Intel's 25-nm NAND - Page 5

post #41 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein357 View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-SSDSC2CW120A3K5-2-5-Inch-120GB-Drive/dp/B006VCP7YA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328591518&sr=8-1
There's a link for the 120GB I bought.
I bought an Intel drive for peace of mind, it was worth the extra money to me.

8MB bug, much?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2x intel Xeon E5-2650 Supermicro MBD-X9DR3-F-O Onboard awesomeness 8 x 8GB Kingston DDR3 1333 ECC 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
4x WD Green 2TB in RAID 10 2x Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVOs Windows Server 2012 Datacenter 3x Dell Ultrasharp U2410s 
PowerCase
Corsair AX1200 Case Labs TX10-D 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2x intel Xeon E5-2650 Supermicro MBD-X9DR3-F-O Onboard awesomeness 8 x 8GB Kingston DDR3 1333 ECC 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
4x WD Green 2TB in RAID 10 2x Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVOs Windows Server 2012 Datacenter 3x Dell Ultrasharp U2410s 
PowerCase
Corsair AX1200 Case Labs TX10-D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleras View Post

People will buy it because its intel. The brand name sells frown.gif

No, people will buy it because it has proprietary firmware that wipes out the bugs that plauged the Sandforce 2281 until now. It's a GOOD Sandforce drive, you'd all do well to remember that. wink.gif
Deep Blood
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 (Batch # 3901A240) Foxconn X58 Blood Rage (non-GTI) eVGA GeForce GTX670 2GB 6GB Corsair Dominator 1.6GHz TR3X6G1600C8D Rev 3.2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD830 128GB / Seagate 640GB+1TB+2TB+4TB Samsung SH-S223Q 22X XTTH | OCZ Freeze | 9G1212H1011 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410f (rev. A02) Code 104 w/O-rings + Vortex doubleshot keycaps Antec HCPP-850 CaseLabs SM8 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G500 Sharkoon 1337 Asus Xonar DX + Swan D1080MkII08 + MXL Tempo Lifecam Cinema 
  hide details  
Reply
Deep Blood
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 (Batch # 3901A240) Foxconn X58 Blood Rage (non-GTI) eVGA GeForce GTX670 2GB 6GB Corsair Dominator 1.6GHz TR3X6G1600C8D Rev 3.2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD830 128GB / Seagate 640GB+1TB+2TB+4TB Samsung SH-S223Q 22X XTTH | OCZ Freeze | 9G1212H1011 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410f (rev. A02) Code 104 w/O-rings + Vortex doubleshot keycaps Antec HCPP-850 CaseLabs SM8 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G500 Sharkoon 1337 Asus Xonar DX + Swan D1080MkII08 + MXL Tempo Lifecam Cinema 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbroad77 View Post

No surprises, still overpriced Intel SSDs. At least they're fast, but honestly there's not much reason to get one over a Samsung 830 or Crucial M4. http://techreport.com/articles.x/22415/12
EDIT: The Intel 520 has a Sandforce controller :O Why?!? I don't see how this is any different from a Vertex 3 MAX IOPS, unless Intel uses higher-quality NAND.

LOL, seriously?

Why get Intel, because of this:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://nga.178.com/read.php%3Ftid%3D4023114

SSD Failure Rates
Quote:
- Intel 0.59%
- For Crucial 2.17%
- For Crucial 2.25%
- Kingston, 2.39%
- The OCZ 2.93%

Good luck with our data loss goals in 2012.
post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauke View Post

LOL, seriously?
Why get Intel, because of this:
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://nga.178.com/read.php%3Ftid%3D4023114
SSD Failure Rates
Quote:
- Intel 0.59%
- For Crucial 2.17%
- For Crucial 2.25%
- Kingston, 2.39%
- The OCZ 2.93%
Good luck with our data loss goals in 2012.

Crucial listed twice? Not a translation error either.
The Replacement
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I5 6600K Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra  EVGA GTX 750 Ti Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x16GB DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Mushkin Reactor 1TB LG Blu-Ray Burner Cryorig H7 Window 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2420T Code 87 Clears Rosewill Photon 650 Fractal Design Core 3500W 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
CM Storm Xornet II Steelseries QCK+ Creative Sound Blaster Zx Sennheiser PC-360 
  hide details  
Reply
The Replacement
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I5 6600K Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra  EVGA GTX 750 Ti Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x16GB DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Mushkin Reactor 1TB LG Blu-Ray Burner Cryorig H7 Window 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2420T Code 87 Clears Rosewill Photon 650 Fractal Design Core 3500W 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
CM Storm Xornet II Steelseries QCK+ Creative Sound Blaster Zx Sennheiser PC-360 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauke View Post

LOL, seriously?
Why get Intel, because of this:
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://nga.178.com/read.php%3Ftid%3D4023114
SSD Failure Rates
Quote:
- Intel 0.59%
- For Crucial 2.17%
- For Crucial 2.25%
- Kingston, 2.39%
- The OCZ 2.93%
Good luck with our data loss goals in 2012.

Intel, well, now they're using Sandforce. Your argument is a bit pointless as it uses trailing data for SSD's completely different than Intel's 520. In fact, it's even less valid considering that Intel 320 SSDs came out in 2011 and that study was for end of year 2010. If you'll look at Intel 320 failure rates, well, I can tell you they're over 0.59%.
 
Lanbox Lite
(16 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i3-2310M Intel HD 3000 8GB DDR3 Samsung 830 64GB SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
640GB Hitachi HDD Windows 7 13.3" LCD Magnesium Alloy, 3.2lbs 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 BE Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-UD2H MSI Hawk R5770 3x2GB G.Skill DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 250 GB WD Caviar Black Samsung 20X DVD-R/RW Thermaltake MaxOrb 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-B9-1600 Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ E2420HD, 24" 1920x1080 TT Purepower 500W 
Case
TT Lanbox Lite 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Lanbox Lite
(16 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i3-2310M Intel HD 3000 8GB DDR3 Samsung 830 64GB SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
640GB Hitachi HDD Windows 7 13.3" LCD Magnesium Alloy, 3.2lbs 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 BE Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-UD2H MSI Hawk R5770 3x2GB G.Skill DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 250 GB WD Caviar Black Samsung 20X DVD-R/RW Thermaltake MaxOrb 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-B9-1600 Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ E2420HD, 24" 1920x1080 TT Purepower 500W 
Case
TT Lanbox Lite 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauke View Post

LOL, seriously?
Why get Intel, because of this:
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://nga.178.com/read.php%3Ftid%3D4023114
SSD Failure Rates
Quote:
- Intel 0.59%
- For Crucial 2.17%
- For Crucial 2.25%
- Kingston, 2.39%
- The OCZ 2.93%
Good luck with our data loss goals in 2012.



I don't see Samsung or Plextor on that list. Plextor drives have a 5 year warranty, and I've never seen a post about a failed Samsung 830 drive.
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [TR] Intel's 520 Series solid-state drive - A new muse for Intel's 25-nm NAND