Originally Posted by Lareson
Yeah, it's for sure not worth the $2800 Razor will be selling it at. The battery is quite terrible, although any laptop that runs a game w/o external power doesn't usually last any longer than 3 hours. The idle though has me questioning whether it's literally idling or is it lite web browsing? 6 hours maximum for this laptop is terrible. Sounding like it'll realistically last 4-5 hours.
I did notice that the thickness is 0.88", less than the 17" MacBook Pro (@ 0.98") but the width and length of the laptop are bigger than the MBP, 16.81x10.9 vs 15.47x10.51. Weight is also slightly more at 6.97lb vs the MBP at 6.6lb.
They could of done a whole lot better with this than the MBP, but the price and the specs, I'd just get a 17" MBP. This actually has the same processor that comes in the 13" i7 MacBook Pro, as it's a dual-core.
Let's see here spec for spec:
• 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 2640M Dual-core Processor
• 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 Memory
• 17.3" LED Backlit Display (1920x1080)
• NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M with NVIDIA Optimus Technology 2GB Dedicated GDDR5 Video Memory
• Built-in HD Webcam
• Integrated 60Wh Battery
• 250GB SSD Storage
• Wireless Network 802.11 b/g/n Compatible
• Battery: 6 hours idle, 2 1/2 if playing "hardcore" game.
• 16.81" (Width) x 10.9" (Depth) x 0.88" (Height); 6.97lbs (Weight)
• Price: $2,800
17" MacBook Pro (stock)
• 2.4GHz Intel Core i7 2760QM Quad-core processor
• 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM (upgrade-able to 8GB)
• 17" LED Backlit Display (1920x1200)
• AMD Radeon 6770M with 1GB GDDR5 Video Memory
• Facetime HD Webcam
• Integrated 95Wh Batter
• 750GB 5900RPM HDD (upgrade-able)
• WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n
• Battery: 7 hours of WiFi web browsing at full brightness
• 15.47 (Width) x 10.51 (Depth) x 0.98 (Height); 6.6lbs (Weight)
• Price: $2400
The only things that are lower on the MBP than the Blade are the graphics, RAM, and HDD, which those 2 can be upgraded to 8GB of RAM and a SSD that would still cost less than the total for the Blade. Also the battery is much better on the MBP, even though it's only slightly thicker and yet it's still smaller.