Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Tera Online | Getting it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tera Online | Getting it? - Page 2

post #11 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidByte View Post

I agree to a certain extent.
But the game failed in korea, which means its not a farmfest game like aeon, no?
Every game has flaws, I quite enjoy Korean mmos but hate the farming time in some. This seems to have a sensible balance between both.

It's had various issues why it wasn't as big of a success in Korea as it should of been. Korean Aion is still a very hot item, which will of course take away sub numbers from Tera. K-Tera launch was also severely lacking content for that player-base's liking. It being a farmfest or not had nothing to do with it succeeding/failing. Even if the leveling is westernized to a certain extent (more questing over random npc killing) the way the game plays later will not lose it's Korean roots.

For example Aion nerfed xp needed to level countless times as well as made the leveling experience quite fast compared to what it originally was. While this is great, this gets to my "Korean root" comment in the previous paragraph. The way you obtain gear and progress yourself will be quite time consuming. While I think this is fine and it's how an MMO should be - expect it to be quite a sink. Once again for those with abundant time I think it will work out lovely. For those looking to spend a few hours here and there, Korean games are generally not tailored for such.

For the sake of all of this coming off as negative or flaming - don't take it as so. I enjoy video games as a whole and always appreciate what's happening in the genre. I'm happy to see such a market that offers /tons/ of options based on the playerbase's liking. From the more hardcore and time dependent games, to those that would require quite a bit less. As I always say, if YOU enjoy - play it! Don't worry about others.
i7 Haswell
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 4770k Asus ROG Maximus Hero MSi GTX 780 Twin Frozr Gaming 8GB (4x2GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengence 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 120gb SSD Corsair H100i Win 7 Asus VE248H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero Corsair AX 760i Corsair 900D SteelSeries Sensei 
Mouse Pad
SteelSeries 
  hide details  
Reply
i7 Haswell
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 4770k Asus ROG Maximus Hero MSi GTX 780 Twin Frozr Gaming 8GB (4x2GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengence 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 120gb SSD Corsair H100i Win 7 Asus VE248H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero Corsair AX 760i Corsair 900D SteelSeries Sensei 
Mouse Pad
SteelSeries 
  hide details  
Reply

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #12 of 60
Pre-ordered. See you guys in the beta this weekend!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.8GHz Stable Asus P8P67 PRO 2x 470GTX SLi MCW60 Modded Samsung 30nm Low Voltage 4x4GB 1866Mhz DDR3 9-9... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 60GB SSD ASUS DRW-1814BLT Ubuntu, Windows 7 x64, OSX Asus MS23H 1080p Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
ABS Mechanical KB Corsair TX750 750 Watt PSU Cooler Master "Cosmos S" modded with holes Logitech G5 BF2142 Edition 
Mouse PadOther
fUnc Industries F10.s Spyder3Express Calibrator 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.8GHz Stable Asus P8P67 PRO 2x 470GTX SLi MCW60 Modded Samsung 30nm Low Voltage 4x4GB 1866Mhz DDR3 9-9... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 60GB SSD ASUS DRW-1814BLT Ubuntu, Windows 7 x64, OSX Asus MS23H 1080p Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
ABS Mechanical KB Corsair TX750 750 Watt PSU Cooler Master "Cosmos S" modded with holes Logitech G5 BF2142 Edition 
Mouse PadOther
fUnc Industries F10.s Spyder3Express Calibrator 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhox View Post

It's had various issues why it wasn't as big of a success in Korea as it should of been. Korean Aion is still a very hot item, which will of course take away sub numbers from Tera. K-Tera launch was also severely lacking content for that player-base's liking. It being a farmfest or not had nothing to do with it succeeding/failing. Even if the leveling is westernized to a certain extent (more questing over random npc killing) the way the game plays later will not lose it's Korean roots.
For example Aion nerfed xp needed to level countless times as well as made the leveling experience quite fast compared to what it originally was. While this is great, this gets to my "Korean root" comment in the previous paragraph. The way you obtain gear and progress yourself will be quite time consuming. While I think this is fine and it's how an MMO should be - expect it to be quite a sink. Once again for those with abundant time I think it will work out lovely. For those looking to spend a few hours here and there, Korean games are generally not tailored for such.
For the sake of all of this coming off as negative or flaming - don't take it as so. I enjoy video games as a whole and always appreciate what's happening in the genre. I'm happy to see such a market that offers /tons/ of options based on the playerbase's liking. From the more hardcore and time dependent games, to those that would require quite a bit less. As I always say, if YOU enjoy - play it! Don't worry about others.

Yeah, now I totally agree on that. We will undoubtedly will face the "Korean roots" later on, if not in the beginning.
post #14 of 60
No, because it is going to die out. Especially when GW2 comes out.
post #15 of 60
Santuh havent seen you in a while!
(GenkiGenki)

Yes I'm aware its another Korean Grinder, but its to offset my cravings for Blade and Soul. Will also be getting GW2 once its out. I am very open when it comes to MMO flavors. When it comes down to its its about weather or not you can afford these games, just spare change to me thumb.gif
Edited by pn0yb0i - 2/8/12 at 10:37pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.8GHz Stable Asus P8P67 PRO 2x 470GTX SLi MCW60 Modded Samsung 30nm Low Voltage 4x4GB 1866Mhz DDR3 9-9... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 60GB SSD ASUS DRW-1814BLT Ubuntu, Windows 7 x64, OSX Asus MS23H 1080p Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
ABS Mechanical KB Corsair TX750 750 Watt PSU Cooler Master "Cosmos S" modded with holes Logitech G5 BF2142 Edition 
Mouse PadOther
fUnc Industries F10.s Spyder3Express Calibrator 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.8GHz Stable Asus P8P67 PRO 2x 470GTX SLi MCW60 Modded Samsung 30nm Low Voltage 4x4GB 1866Mhz DDR3 9-9... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 60GB SSD ASUS DRW-1814BLT Ubuntu, Windows 7 x64, OSX Asus MS23H 1080p Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
ABS Mechanical KB Corsair TX750 750 Watt PSU Cooler Master "Cosmos S" modded with holes Logitech G5 BF2142 Edition 
Mouse PadOther
fUnc Industries F10.s Spyder3Express Calibrator 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 60
Pre-ordred as well and pretty excited just to test the gameplay alone.
post #17 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by pn0yb0i View Post

Santuh havent seen you in a while!
(GenkiGenki)
Yes I'm aware its another Korean Grinder, but its to offset my cravings for Blade and Soul. Will also be getting GW2 once its out. I am very open when it comes to MMO flavors. When it comes down to its its about weather or not you can afford these games, just spare change to me thumb.gif

"Grinder" when you can hit lvl cap within a week...
post #18 of 60
What class will you guys be rolling? And what Server?
post #19 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_AM View Post

What class will you guys be rolling? And what Server?

Mystic and on the beta I will be on Arachnea (US). Have they announced the server list for release?
post #20 of 60
Ok i have to say...this game is pretty damn fun! thumb.gif

im playing an archer on the Arachnea server and im really diggin the game play biggrin.gif

but i have a question for those of you playing....are any of you able to enable vsync or even force vsync from either CCC or nvidia control panel? ive been trying everything to force or some how enable vsync as i just dont see the point in running at 90fps in a game that really doesnt need it

either way...i highly recommend people check out Tera at some point....very fun
The Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k 4.5ghz@1.3v Asus P8P67 MSI GTX980 Gaming 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung F3 1TB,Seagate 500gb 7200.10 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Samsung EX2220 Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouse
SeaSonic X-650 Corsair 650D Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
Reply
The Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k 4.5ghz@1.3v Asus P8P67 MSI GTX980 Gaming 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung F3 1TB,Seagate 500gb 7200.10 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Samsung EX2220 Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouse
SeaSonic X-650 Corsair 650D Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Tera Online | Getting it?