Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › mouse recommendations... please help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

mouse recommendations... please help

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
okay so I have had (on my main rig) 3 mice, a really old logitech (it looked just like the mx518 but was cordless) a logitech G7, and a performance mouse MX and I enjoyed all of them but I have had to stop using all 3 for the same exact reason! Over time (usually 1-2 years) every time i click, the mouse double clicks because the switch is doing some funky stuff. All 3 of these mice have had the same issue but I really enjoyed using all three of these mice.

so to the point, I am going to be needing a new mouse because my performance mouse mx is doing it... I want to try a different brand because im tired of the switches logitech uses failing on me. now with all that said their are a few criteria I need in a mouse
NEED
- palm grip (most of the time)
- wireless
- tracking on a hard mat

want
- rechargeable (My favorite was the G7's with the hot swap battery)
- neutral color scheme to match the rest of my office/play room:)
- ergonomic like any of my previous logitech mice (I definitely enjoy the performance mouse MX's ergonomics the most but am happy with any that is a little contoured and has a spot for my thumb)
intel-a-thon
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Gigabyte x99-UD4- CF Powercolor R9 290 4x4GB G. Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 730 Series NZXT Kraken X61 Windows 10 Acer K272HULbmiidp 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x asus 21.5" Varmilo VA87MD Corsair RM850 Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse Pad
Func MS-1 Roccat Taito 
  hide details  
Reply
intel-a-thon
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Gigabyte x99-UD4- CF Powercolor R9 290 4x4GB G. Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 730 Series NZXT Kraken X61 Windows 10 Acer K272HULbmiidp 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x asus 21.5" Varmilo VA87MD Corsair RM850 Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse Pad
Func MS-1 Roccat Taito 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 13
You might be very interested in the R.A.T. 9. Its got most of the features you are looking for but you may not care for the ergonomics.
post #3 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by twich12 View Post

okay so I have had (on my main rig) 3 mice, a really old logitech (it looked just like the mx518 but was cordless) a logitech G7, and a performance mouse MX and I enjoyed all of them but I have had to stop using all 3 for the same exact reason! Over time (usually 1-2 years) every time i click, the mouse double clicks because the switch is doing some funky stuff. All 3 of these mice have had the same issue but I really enjoyed using all three of these mice.
so to the point, I am going to be needing a new mouse because my performance mouse mx is doing it... I want to try a different brand because im tired of the switches logitech uses failing on me. now with all that said their are a few criteria I need in a mouse
NEED
- palm grip (most of the time)
- wireless
- tracking on a hard mat
want
- rechargeable (My favorite was the G7's with the hot swap battery)
- neutral color scheme to match the rest of my office/play room:)
- ergonomic like any of my previous logitech mice (I definitely enjoy the performance mouse MX's ergonomics the most but am happy with any that is a little contoured and has a spot for my thumb)



Hey Bud,

I'm in the same boat as you, I've owned nothing but Logitech. My current G7 is the best on them and I've had it 3 years and in the past weeks, when I try to open my email with a click the double click will quadruple click, same when I open a browser. Now the scroll up and down it automatically opening. I think it's going haywire.

I too love the wireless and 2 batteries it came with.

I think I'm going to switch to a different brand, I started this thread that might help you...... http://www.overclock.net/t/1211417/whats-your-mouse

I'm leaning towards the RAT 7 or 9 and even the RAZER DeathAdder. My only dislike is having to go back to a wired mouse!

Michael
post #4 of 13
G700, if your mouse clicks fail then something else is going on.
BlueRaven
(13 items)
 
Dead BIOS
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 G74Sx NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M  Samsung  
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung  Samsung  Momentus 7200.4 Scorpio Blue 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
BlueRaven
(13 items)
 
Dead BIOS
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 G74Sx NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M  Samsung  
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung  Samsung  Momentus 7200.4 Scorpio Blue 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post

G700, if your mouse clicks fail then something else is going on.

Are the "AA" batteries a pain to change and how often do you have too, on the G700 and is it good for gaming, like BF3 type games. Can you use it wired as well, I hear!
post #6 of 13
I use the Razer Mamba 2012 edition, it's pretty pricey and took some initial getting used to and set up time, but I wouldn't trade it for any other mouse at this point. The one thing I'd caution is probably turning off the automatic surface sensors, since that seemed to be the source of a little jumpiness in the beginning for me. Other than that, terrific feel and awesome battery life. Very flexible in terms of macro set up, the software is good, not necessarily amazing. Great looking and functional mouse.
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GENO'S View Post

Are the "AA" batteries a pain to change and how often do you have too, on the G700 and is it good for gaming, like BF3 type games. Can you use it wired as well, I hear!

There is a single rechargeable battery, it's simple when you figure it out. You shouldn't have to remove it. I generally charge mine when I don't use it and never have to worry about a dead battery because of that.

It's only as good as the person using it. You can program 5 different DPI settings and program all the buttons with macros if need be. I use it for BF3 and other various games and acceleration is no problem. (You have to disable it in setpoint when you initially set up the mouse, though)

You can use it while it is charging, but the wireless receiver still needs to be plugged in.
BlueRaven
(13 items)
 
Dead BIOS
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 G74Sx NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M  Samsung  
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung  Samsung  Momentus 7200.4 Scorpio Blue 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
BlueRaven
(13 items)
 
Dead BIOS
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 G74Sx NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M  Samsung  
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung  Samsung  Momentus 7200.4 Scorpio Blue 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 13
i had the same problem(along with battery issues) with my g7, i called Logitech and after a few tries(sometimes you have to get the right support agent) they sent me a brand spankin new g700 free, all i had to do was send the g7 back so they could look at the problem. i bought the thing back in 2006, so it was very much out of warranty. at the very least they give you a 50% off code
 
omnius
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 550 0J3492 NVIDIA GeForce 6800  Samsung  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung  maxtor seagate momentus seagate momentus 
CoolingOSKeyboardMouse
STOCK-ish tower thingy windows xp home dell WTFK logitech g700 
Audio
sound blaster audigy 2 ZS 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k asus p8z68-v pro gen3 evga geforce 570 superclocked corsair vengance low profile 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
seagate momentus seagate baracuda samsung 830 series LG bluray burner with 3d playback 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG dvd burner  cooler master hyper 212 EVO windows 7 ultimate 64bit dell u2312hm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
dell WTFK wireless corsair tx-750v2 cooler master haf 932 advanced logitech g700 wired 
Audio
creative soundblaster audigy II ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
 
omnius
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 550 0J3492 NVIDIA GeForce 6800  Samsung  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung  maxtor seagate momentus seagate momentus 
CoolingOSKeyboardMouse
STOCK-ish tower thingy windows xp home dell WTFK logitech g700 
Audio
sound blaster audigy 2 ZS 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k asus p8z68-v pro gen3 evga geforce 570 superclocked corsair vengance low profile 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
seagate momentus seagate baracuda samsung 830 series LG bluray burner with 3d playback 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG dvd burner  cooler master hyper 212 EVO windows 7 ultimate 64bit dell u2312hm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
dell WTFK wireless corsair tx-750v2 cooler master haf 932 advanced logitech g700 wired 
Audio
creative soundblaster audigy II ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarm87 View Post

i had the same problem(along with battery issues) with my g7, i called Logitech and after a few tries(sometimes you have to get the right support agent) they sent me a brand spankin new g700 free, all i had to do was send the g7 back so they could look at the problem. i bought the thing back in 2006, so it was very much out of warranty. at the very least they give you a 50% off code

I'll try, what number did you call
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GENO'S View Post

I'll try, what number did you call

it was a while ago but i think it was the generic support line 1-646-454-3200 6am-6pm pst but im not sure about your location so the number might me different if your outside the us
 
omnius
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 550 0J3492 NVIDIA GeForce 6800  Samsung  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung  maxtor seagate momentus seagate momentus 
CoolingOSKeyboardMouse
STOCK-ish tower thingy windows xp home dell WTFK logitech g700 
Audio
sound blaster audigy 2 ZS 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k asus p8z68-v pro gen3 evga geforce 570 superclocked corsair vengance low profile 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
seagate momentus seagate baracuda samsung 830 series LG bluray burner with 3d playback 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG dvd burner  cooler master hyper 212 EVO windows 7 ultimate 64bit dell u2312hm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
dell WTFK wireless corsair tx-750v2 cooler master haf 932 advanced logitech g700 wired 
Audio
creative soundblaster audigy II ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
 
omnius
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 550 0J3492 NVIDIA GeForce 6800  Samsung  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung  maxtor seagate momentus seagate momentus 
CoolingOSKeyboardMouse
STOCK-ish tower thingy windows xp home dell WTFK logitech g700 
Audio
sound blaster audigy 2 ZS 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k asus p8z68-v pro gen3 evga geforce 570 superclocked corsair vengance low profile 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
seagate momentus seagate baracuda samsung 830 series LG bluray burner with 3d playback 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG dvd burner  cooler master hyper 212 EVO windows 7 ultimate 64bit dell u2312hm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
dell WTFK wireless corsair tx-750v2 cooler master haf 932 advanced logitech g700 wired 
Audio
creative soundblaster audigy II ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › mouse recommendations... please help