Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [MSN]US licenses first nuclear reactors since 1978
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MSN]US licenses first nuclear reactors since 1978 - Page 21

post #201 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hairy_Yak View Post

I'm not sure what part of the world you live in. But there are places where we really value quality health. I make my own vegetable juice and do my best to provide my body and mind with the correct things it needs intellectually and physically even if they are not widely known or "recommended" by the vast majority of the world. Eventually I completely see the world going in this direction. HOWEVER there are people like my father who believes in eating red meat every meal and has 2 hostess oatmeal pies accompanied by a coke for BREAKFAST every day.

I can't give your argument credibility if you're going to tell me vegetable juice is a better source for nutrients than a grass fed steak.
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #202 of 223
I think nuclear proliferation is a more pertinent issue than the potential for a nuclear disaster..
mini ITX
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K @ 3.8GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Kingston Hyper X 1600 RAM (2X4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 128GB Western Digital WD2000KS 2TB Antec Kuhler 620 3X Xigmatek 120mm (UV), 1X Xigmatek 140mm (UV) 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Apple 23" Cinema Display HD (1) Apple 23" Cinema Display HD (2) Dell Black Kid 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic SS-660XP2 660W Cubitek Mini Tank Razer Imperator 2012 Klipsch Promedia 5.1 w/ Pioneer VSX-520 receive... 
  hide details  
Reply
mini ITX
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K @ 3.8GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Kingston Hyper X 1600 RAM (2X4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 128GB Western Digital WD2000KS 2TB Antec Kuhler 620 3X Xigmatek 120mm (UV), 1X Xigmatek 140mm (UV) 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Apple 23" Cinema Display HD (1) Apple 23" Cinema Display HD (2) Dell Black Kid 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic SS-660XP2 660W Cubitek Mini Tank Razer Imperator 2012 Klipsch Promedia 5.1 w/ Pioneer VSX-520 receive... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #203 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hairy_Yak View Post

I'm not sure what part of the world you live in. But there are places where we really value quality health. I make my own vegetable juice and do my best to provide my body and mind with the correct things it needs intellectually and physically even if they are not widely known or "recommended" by the vast majority of the world. Eventually I completely see the world going in this direction. HOWEVER there are people like my father who believes in eating red meat every meal and has 2 hostess oatmeal pies accompanied by a coke for BREAKFAST every day. This wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that the idiots themselves have made the market for that to be acceptable. I 100% see a time where perfect health is the cheapest solution due to the demand of it. If enough of us demand to have fresh produce to make our vegetable juice since it is one of the best things you can do for yourself than it will be widely available. Eugene is a perfect example, there are fresh produce stores around every corner and not because it is cheaper, but it is MUCH less expensive than what I pay here in Salem. Once we get to a point where we can engineer nutrient filled "perfect" food then that will be the demand. By no means am I instigating that this will happen this generation or the next. But once more and more people take to the information that such things are good for you, it will happen.
My point being resources are not in any danger what so ever of becoming depleted because by the time it is an issue, there will be a solution. You may not see the break in corruption that exists in Eugene as it is a pretty open minded city, but it does exist and it is becoming more and more available. My generation (i'm currently 19) is apart of a huge revolution in the way people think, we are in the age of technology where I am not going to listen to some BS story and not ask questions when there are no legitimate sources of information at my fingertips (smartphone). Religion is extinct, poor nutrition is completely unnecessary and will end once more and more people see the corruption of major corporations, and the same goes for everything else that we used to learn from people because they lied to us and said it was so. Once you give a young child a smartphone or computer, Santa Claus will instantly cease to exist. Misinformation and ignorance will cease to exist. Humans who are oblivious to this radical change in our path of evolution will die off as have every other species not suited for it's environment, and you will be buying your meat from a test tube because someone had the balls to create a quality company based on factual information and provide the world with perfect health. Sure this is a completely radical concept, but it is the path we are headed. We have the ability to overcome the corruption and that has never before been possible.
Some questions people really just ignore and never look for a true answer. As you may have read in my previous post about the Great Pyramid and the Sphinx, Archeologists created a story that dates them at around I believe 2000 bc. But there are watermarks 400 feet above the Nile on the Great Pyramid? The last time water was that high was the ice age, predating that estimate by 10,000 years. Yet they ignore all of that because they have no explanation otherwise. Now that information such as this is at our fingertips, a lot more radical ideas will come to light and change the way humans have thought forever. We might as well have rediscovered language.
Saying that people will not change is completely hilarious, it has been happening and will continue to happen. Give an Indian a smartphone and he will rethink why he does a rain dance even though his family has been practicing it for hundreds of years.
I don't know why you are bringing religion into it, but no, religion is not extinct.

Everyone knows poor nutrition isn't good for you. People eat poorly because the junk food tastes good, not because they are naive enough to think it keeps them just as healthy as fruits and veggies. I eat tons of food that isn't good for me, even though I know I shouldn't, because it tastes good. Fortunately, fast food makes me sick to my stomach now, so that's one thing I no longer include in my diet.

I agree with you that when nutritional artificial foods come along, people will flock to it. Especially if it is cheaper than the real deal. I'm just not sure what all the other stuff you have included in your post has to do with it.
post #204 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoray View Post

Thats one of the dumbest things ive heard. It is just coming to the end of their design lifetime. Nuclear plants can only operate for so long due to corrosion and neutron imbrittlement. Plus the many advances in saftey and efficiency leave no reason to keep the dated plants around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSpike View Post

I bet the moon landing didn't really happen either?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SectorNine50 View Post

Good thing you have your tinfoil hat to protect you, then.

Ignorance is bliss. The truth you believe and cling to makes you unavailable to hear anything new.

Yeah, like the government is going to tell you which NUCLEAR plants are leaking and how bad they are leaking so they can intentionally cause panic and fear in the population. You have no idea what the fallout (no pun intended) is of announcing this type of news to the public do you? People who live around these plants will hit the streets in protest like they did in Fukushima and in Germany. What the government needs now is order, not panic and confusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordikon View Post

Post evidence for your conspiracy theories or get out. This is the news section, not the fiction section.

Need me to toss a rope to the bottom of the well for you? World is much bigger up here.

Oh, I'm not going to dig up old news, just the RECENT ones.

San Onofre Nuclear Plant Closed After Radiation Leak (Feb 1, 2012 6:20pm) - ABCNews

Leaking & Damaged Nuclear Power Plants In The US Exposed (February 5, 2012)

Radioactive tritium leaks found at 48 US nuke sites (6/21/2011) - MSNBC

'You got pipes that have been buried underground for 30 or 40 years, and they've never been inspected,' whistleblower says

An investigation reveals that 75% of US nuclear plants are leaking radioactive tritium into the environment and US drinking water supplies being detected at levels up to 750 times legal limits. (June 22, 2011 at 10:26 am)

Radioactive leaks found at 75% of US nuke sites (June 21, 2011 8:45 AM) - CBSNews

Guess mainstream news is in on the "conspiracy" too. kookoo.gif

Let me know when you want that rope, ok? or did you want the Red Pill?
 
Just another BF3
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8-3850 Llano Asus F1A75-V PRO APU 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB V3 MAX IOPS, 12TB External Lian Li EX-50 Lite-On iHBS112-29, Pioneer BDR-206DBKS Stock Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony 54.6" XBR HX929 Logitech MK550 Seasonic X650 GOLD Lian Li PC-B25FWB 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MK550 Ikea Leather mouse pad Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K (4.6GHz) ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe MSI R6970 Lightning 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 3 240GB, 12TB External Lian Li EX-50 2x Samsung SH-S223F NZXT Havik 140 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung P2570 CM Storm Trigger Seasonic X750 GOLD Lian Li PC-P80NB 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 (the new MX518) NuPad Leather Mouse Pad Asus Xonar Essence ST (UNi drivers 1.41) 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Just another BF3
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8-3850 Llano Asus F1A75-V PRO APU 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB V3 MAX IOPS, 12TB External Lian Li EX-50 Lite-On iHBS112-29, Pioneer BDR-206DBKS Stock Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony 54.6" XBR HX929 Logitech MK550 Seasonic X650 GOLD Lian Li PC-B25FWB 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MK550 Ikea Leather mouse pad Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K (4.6GHz) ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe MSI R6970 Lightning 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 3 240GB, 12TB External Lian Li EX-50 2x Samsung SH-S223F NZXT Havik 140 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung P2570 CM Storm Trigger Seasonic X750 GOLD Lian Li PC-P80NB 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 (the new MX518) NuPad Leather Mouse Pad Asus Xonar Essence ST (UNi drivers 1.41) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #205 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroc91 View Post

But by how much? I know it takes temperatures upwards of 2000*C to split water into its constituent gasses, so I wouldn't imagine there'd be any efficiency gains by heating it, especially considering its specific heat.

If it is heated to 100*C (or approx), it would be 41% efficient.
BUTTTT!!!! Last night I was walking downstairs and it hit me, efficiency....it would make more sense just to directly feed the electricity [from solar panels] into the system. Skip H2 altogether. Totally brain fart -_-

My plan would work, it would just be a waste. Gotta get the efficiency over 100% [comparative to input power]. This can only be achieved by adding something that operates passively. Don't know what it is, but I will keep thinking on it.

Sooo...ignore my previous posts! My bad!
The Beast 2.3
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2700k ASRock Extreme6 Z77 nVidia EVGA GTX 670 G.Skill Ripjaws X (16 gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black 1tb 7200rpm Vertex 4 (128 GB) Raid 0 LG Bluray Burner (WH14NS40) XSPC Rasa 750 RX 360 kit (push/pull + shrouds) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) LG IPS235V (2x) MK550 Antec Quattro 1200 
CaseMouseAudio
Rosewill RSV-L4000 Logitech G700 HT Omega Claro II 
  hide details  
Reply
The Beast 2.3
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2700k ASRock Extreme6 Z77 nVidia EVGA GTX 670 G.Skill Ripjaws X (16 gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black 1tb 7200rpm Vertex 4 (128 GB) Raid 0 LG Bluray Burner (WH14NS40) XSPC Rasa 750 RX 360 kit (push/pull + shrouds) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) LG IPS235V (2x) MK550 Antec Quattro 1200 
CaseMouseAudio
Rosewill RSV-L4000 Logitech G700 HT Omega Claro II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #206 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryboto View Post

I can't give your argument credibility if you're going to tell me vegetable juice is a better source for nutrients than a grass fed steak.

"vegetable juice since it is one of the best things", Moderation is key with everything in life, and if your going to tell me vegetable juice isn't one of the best ways to intake vitamins than your argument is just as invalid tongue.gif. Also I highly recommend trying a nice bison steak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSpike View Post

I don't know why you are bringing religion into it, but no, religion is not extinct.
Everyone knows poor nutrition isn't good for you. People eat poorly because the junk food tastes good, not because they are naive enough to think it keeps them just as healthy as fruits and veggies. I eat tons of food that isn't good for me, even though I know I shouldn't, because it tastes good. Fortunately, fast food makes me sick to my stomach now, so that's one thing I no longer include in my diet.
I agree with you that when nutritional artificial foods come along, people will flock to it. Especially if it is cheaper than the real deal. I'm just not sure what all the other stuff you have included in your post has to do with it.

I apologize for "bringing religion into it". I fully support what religion stands for. Everyone deserves to have something to believe in, but as I said above, moderation is key. For the record I plan on exposing my children to religion just as much as I was (I went to church weekly and even attended a private religious school) and want them to choose for themselves, unfortunately with advances in technology I just don't see that happening. please no response to this is needed as I do not mean in any way to argue.

I agree what you said, the issue I see is that sure everyone knows poor nutrition is bad. But not many actually know what good nutrition really is. With technology becoming increasingly available more and more people are understanding it. I myself love a nice "dirty old man" from voodoo doughnuts biggrin.gif.

I included everything else because 1. I think it's fascinating 2. it emphasizes the point of people ignoring factual evidence right in front of them. People preach in schools that the Pyramids are from 2,000 bc so everyone takes it as fact, yet there is clearly evidence that predates that. With the use of the internet kids become more exposed to non traditional viewpoints and promotes an open mind to decide for themselves away from their parents or instructors. I know in my group of friends we are completely void of what was taught to us in bliss, we gather what factual information we can and pick out the BS. Ron Paul is very much correct about an 'intellectual revolution' occurring in our country and across the world right now. Look at Libya, Look at Egypt, Look at Syria. The reaction will continue.
post #207 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hairy_Yak View Post

I agree what you said, the issue I see is that sure everyone knows poor nutrition is bad. But not many actually know what good nutrition really is. With technology becoming increasingly available more and more people are understanding it. I myself love a nice "dirty old man" from voodoo doughnuts biggrin.gif.
Hah, I've heard about that place. Haven't visited yet, but many friends have told me of the awesomely disgusting-sounding donuts they have acquired there...

I do agree that technology allows people access to more information than ever before. I just think that people still make a lot of stupid decisions, no matter how much information they are given. Knowledge only goes so far in the way of decision-making. I think that enough legitimate information about eating well has been available for a long time for those who care, and those who don't care will just go on eating whatever they please. I just don't see the internet being very revolutionary with regards to nutrition. But I could be wrong.
Quote:
I included everything else because 1. I think it's fascinating 2. it emphasizes the point of people ignoring factual evidence right in front of them. People preach in schools that the Pyramids are from 2,000 bc so everyone takes it as fact, yet there is clearly evidence that predates that. With the use of the internet kids become more exposed to non traditional viewpoints and promotes an open mind to decide for themselves away from their parents or instructors. I know in my group of friends we are completely void of what was taught to us in bliss, we gather what factual information we can and pick out the BS. Ron Paul is very much correct about an 'intellectual revolution' occurring in our country and across the world right now. Look at Libya, Look at Egypt, Look at Syria. The reaction will continue.
Ok, I can see where you're coming from on that.
post #208 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hairy_Yak View Post

-snip-

These are the sorts of sites I get when I google "watermarks on pyramids"

http://www.crystalinks.com/greatpyramidwater.html

http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk/Ghizawhen.htm

http://www.atlantisrising.com/backissues/issue8/ar8pyramids.html

http://www.biblrytr.com/noah.htm

http://www.disclose.tv/forum/amazing-facts-about-the-great-pyramid-of-giza-t17192.html

Hallmark tinfoil hat sites if I've ever seen them. I'm taking everything you say with a mountain of salt.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 SABERTOOTH X58 Gigabyte GTX 970 Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 320GB WD 1TB Hitachi 1TB CM Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 10 Pro 24" Sceptre 20" Asus Corsair TX750 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 SABERTOOTH X58 Gigabyte GTX 970 Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 320GB WD 1TB Hitachi 1TB CM Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 10 Pro 24" Sceptre 20" Asus Corsair TX750 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #209 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hairy_Yak View Post

"vegetable juice since it is one of the best things", Moderation is key with everything in life, and if your going to tell me vegetable juice isn't one of the best ways to intake vitamins than your argument is just as invalid tongue.gif. Also I highly recommend trying a nice bison steak..

Liver would trounce veggies, but I'd never rely on one or the other for nutrients. Grass fed(100%) or pasture raised poultry/eggs is what I consume, lots of vital nutrients and vitamins. Veggies are a good supplement, but per weight/calorie, not as nutritionally dense as organ meats. Nuclear!
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #210 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroc91 View Post

These are the sorts of sites I get when I google "watermarks on pyramids"
http://www.crystalinks.com/greatpyramidwater.html
http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk/Ghizawhen.htm
http://www.atlantisrising.com/backissues/issue8/ar8pyramids.html
http://www.biblrytr.com/noah.htm
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/amazing-facts-about-the-great-pyramid-of-giza-t17192.html
Hallmark tinfoil hat sites if I've ever seen them. I'm taking everything you say with a mountain of salt.

Make sure to use at least 10 layers for a more sturdy hat.

There have been many archeologists if not all of them that agree there are watermarks on the Pyramid as well as the Sphinx. The debate is where they came from when it hasn't rained heavily enough to cause such erosion in over 10,000 years. And coincidentally enough there is also Salt found inside of the pyramid from when the area was flooded *or something*. wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [MSN]US licenses first nuclear reactors since 1978