Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › February Foldathon - Greatest. Foldathon. EVER!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

February Foldathon - Greatest. Foldathon. EVER! - Page 36  

post #351 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega17 View Post

Even if you didn't pause it, f@h runs at ultra-low priority, so when the CPU is being requested elsewhere, it loses out, so the student wouldn't notice performance issues wink.gif
I've just bumped the OC on my 560Ti because they 8031s (aka NewFermis) are cooler wheee.gif shaved 11 seconds off frametime.

oo cant wait to see what they do with my 570 i had it folding @ 960mhz this thing is truely a beast
under the radar
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k gigabyte ga-z68x-ud4-b3 MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4g 8gb corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor SSD samsung spinpoint f3 1TB samsung spinpoint f3 1TB Western Digital black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
silver arrow windows 7 ultimate 64bit samsung s23a950D Ducky shine 3 year of the snake 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200 corsair 650D razer deathadder Steelseries QCK 
Audio
asus xonar essence stx 
  hide details  
under the radar
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k gigabyte ga-z68x-ud4-b3 MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4g 8gb corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor SSD samsung spinpoint f3 1TB samsung spinpoint f3 1TB Western Digital black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
silver arrow windows 7 ultimate 64bit samsung s23a950D Ducky shine 3 year of the snake 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200 corsair 650D razer deathadder Steelseries QCK 
Audio
asus xonar essence stx 
  hide details  
post #352 of 929
Goddamnit, WU 7611... PPD-killer for sure frown.gif

Got a 8031 on my GPU ( 570 @ a modest 844 Mhz) though so I guess I can't complain (22k ppd estimate)
Edited by Bloitz - 2/20/12 at 11:26am
Black Betty
(16 items)
 
  
Black Betty
(16 items)
 
  
post #353 of 929
How come the table isn't showing any points added for me yet,
It.
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k Asus Maximus VII Hero Galax GTX 980 Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4  Hitachi Sata WDC Sata WDC USB External 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda Samsung DVD/RW Alpenföhn K2 Mount Doom CPU Cooler Windows 7 Professional 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VH242H 24" Corsair K70 Corsair HX 1050 HAF 932  
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Core Mionix Sargas 900 ASUS Zonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card Corsair 1500 vengance 
  hide details  
It.
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k Asus Maximus VII Hero Galax GTX 980 Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4  Hitachi Sata WDC Sata WDC USB External 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda Samsung DVD/RW Alpenföhn K2 Mount Doom CPU Cooler Windows 7 Professional 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VH242H 24" Corsair K70 Corsair HX 1050 HAF 932  
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Core Mionix Sargas 900 ASUS Zonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card Corsair 1500 vengance 
  hide details  
post #354 of 929
It is only updated at the end of the foldathon. It would be to much of a hassle to do it every hour. Use the script on the first post to see how many points you have made so far
post #355 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXcrispyXI View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega17 View Post

ficksed wink.gif
Also, new Fermi advmethods, you are wonderful, please don't be like the 925 pointers and leave us wubsmiley.gif

omg i miss those 925point gpu wu's frown.gif like 43second tpf was good thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXcrispyXI View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega17 View Post

Even if you didn't pause it, f@h runs at ultra-low priority, so when the CPU is being requested elsewhere, it loses out, so the student wouldn't notice performance issues wink.gif
I've just bumped the OC on my 560Ti because they 8031s (aka NewFermis) are cooler wheee.gif shaved 11 seconds off frametime.

oo cant wait to see what they do with my 570 i had it folding @ 960mhz this thing is truely a beast

Getting 19.5K @ 925 core (in honour of our fallen WUs...) now, so the 570 should see > 20K.
post #356 of 929
10k every 8 hours, I'm fine with that. Thanks fermi adv.
post #357 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvidab View Post

Let this be the best FAT ever.
It's already started but follow this post: http://www.overclock.net/t/1210550/new-to-folding#post_16379879
And with that RASA kit, OC moaar! (assuming sig rig)

I am hoping to get it up to 4.8 or so but I have been plagued with that nasty boot loop problem on the gig z68 boards so I have been real scared to mess with it much before this FaT just to be sure it was up and doing something. After this is over I will take it down and push on the CPU a little harder. Also can someone confirm if I should be running -advmethods on the SMP client?
Paper Weight
(11 items)
 
Home Work
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k  Gigabyte Z68 UD6H-B3 GTX 580 HC2 2x4 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
A-Data N001 SSD  XSPC Rasa 750 Win 7 Ult. 64bit Asus 22" 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsiar TX750 Antec 1200 X-Fi Xtreme Gamer 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 (3.6Ghz 1.487v) Asus P5Q-E (2x CF)Sapphire HD 4870 512 & 1GB 4GB (2x2GB) G.Skill PC8000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
A-Data N002 128GB SSD, 1.5TB WD Green Pioneer DL-DvD/RW XSPC RASA 360 push/pull Windows 7 64bit Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
22" Asus WS-HD VK222H Logitech Elite Corsair Tx750 Antec 1200 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5 Series 2 Rocketfish 2 sided X-Fi Xtreme Gamer / Logitech 5.1 
  hide details  
Paper Weight
(11 items)
 
Home Work
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k  Gigabyte Z68 UD6H-B3 GTX 580 HC2 2x4 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
A-Data N001 SSD  XSPC Rasa 750 Win 7 Ult. 64bit Asus 22" 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsiar TX750 Antec 1200 X-Fi Xtreme Gamer 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 (3.6Ghz 1.487v) Asus P5Q-E (2x CF)Sapphire HD 4870 512 & 1GB 4GB (2x2GB) G.Skill PC8000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
A-Data N002 128GB SSD, 1.5TB WD Green Pioneer DL-DvD/RW XSPC RASA 360 push/pull Windows 7 64bit Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
22" Asus WS-HD VK222H Logitech Elite Corsair Tx750 Antec 1200 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5 Series 2 Rocketfish 2 sided X-Fi Xtreme Gamer / Logitech 5.1 
  hide details  
post #358 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syjeklye View Post

My guess is he commandeered some work computers wink.gif
Seems almost like it is a computer lab for a school or college. I think it would be neat to have something like a community college computer lab running F@H on all the computers while no student was logged in. When someone logs in, it's paused so the student sees absolutely no performance issues.

My school replaces their computers every 2 years and they have 40 or so i7 920 in 2 computer labs next door. I have been known to go in there at night and log into a bunch of them and have them run all night and then restart through command prompt in the morning. They have a system in place for using their computer power for distributed computing however it is only projects within the school and is rarely used. I have always wanted them to run FAH on them though. They have to have several hundered i7s plus tons of older dual cores
post #359 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvidab View Post

Let this be the best FAT ever.
It's already started but follow this post: http://www.overclock.net/t/1210550/new-to-folding#post_16379879
And with that RASA kit, OC moaar! (assuming sig rig)

I am hoping to get it up to 4.8 or so but I have been plagued with that nasty boot loop problem on the gig z68 boards so I have been real scared to mess with it much before this FaT just to be sure it was up and doing something. After this is over I will take it down and push on the CPU a little harder. Also can someone confirm if I should be running -advmethods on the SMP client?
Paper Weight
(11 items)
 
Home Work
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k  Gigabyte Z68 UD6H-B3 GTX 580 HC2 2x4 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
A-Data N001 SSD  XSPC Rasa 750 Win 7 Ult. 64bit Asus 22" 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsiar TX750 Antec 1200 X-Fi Xtreme Gamer 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 (3.6Ghz 1.487v) Asus P5Q-E (2x CF)Sapphire HD 4870 512 & 1GB 4GB (2x2GB) G.Skill PC8000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
A-Data N002 128GB SSD, 1.5TB WD Green Pioneer DL-DvD/RW XSPC RASA 360 push/pull Windows 7 64bit Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
22" Asus WS-HD VK222H Logitech Elite Corsair Tx750 Antec 1200 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5 Series 2 Rocketfish 2 sided X-Fi Xtreme Gamer / Logitech 5.1 
  hide details  
Paper Weight
(11 items)
 
Home Work
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k  Gigabyte Z68 UD6H-B3 GTX 580 HC2 2x4 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
A-Data N001 SSD  XSPC Rasa 750 Win 7 Ult. 64bit Asus 22" 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsiar TX750 Antec 1200 X-Fi Xtreme Gamer 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 (3.6Ghz 1.487v) Asus P5Q-E (2x CF)Sapphire HD 4870 512 & 1GB 4GB (2x2GB) G.Skill PC8000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
A-Data N002 128GB SSD, 1.5TB WD Green Pioneer DL-DvD/RW XSPC RASA 360 push/pull Windows 7 64bit Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
22" Asus WS-HD VK222H Logitech Elite Corsair Tx750 Antec 1200 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5 Series 2 Rocketfish 2 sided X-Fi Xtreme Gamer / Logitech 5.1 
  hide details  
post #360 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalhand View Post

It is only updated at the end of the foldathon. It would be to much of a hassle to do it every hour. Use the script on the first post to see how many points you have made so far

Ahh, I see, thanks, am using the script that's why I expected to see some results on the main table.

Thanks for that.

Revo.
It.
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k Asus Maximus VII Hero Galax GTX 980 Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4  Hitachi Sata WDC Sata WDC USB External 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda Samsung DVD/RW Alpenföhn K2 Mount Doom CPU Cooler Windows 7 Professional 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VH242H 24" Corsair K70 Corsair HX 1050 HAF 932  
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Core Mionix Sargas 900 ASUS Zonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card Corsair 1500 vengance 
  hide details  
It.
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k Asus Maximus VII Hero Galax GTX 980 Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4  Hitachi Sata WDC Sata WDC USB External 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda Samsung DVD/RW Alpenföhn K2 Mount Doom CPU Cooler Windows 7 Professional 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VH242H 24" Corsair K70 Corsair HX 1050 HAF 932  
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Core Mionix Sargas 900 ASUS Zonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card Corsair 1500 vengance 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net Folding@Home Team
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › February Foldathon - Greatest. Foldathon. EVER!