Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [MSNBC] Steve Jobs wins Grammy Award for contributions to music industry
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MSNBC] Steve Jobs wins Grammy Award for contributions to music industry - Page 7

post #61 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerPowered View Post

As much as I hate iTunes for its crappy quality audio files and DRM. I do think it deserves a nod for becoming a decent delivery platform, with an Audio Player to back it up.
 


 

There are no DRM and audio quality is at 320kbps..

 
≡ Snowbaru ≡
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 3930K 4.9Ghz Asus Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX TITAN 1250Mhz KPE/Hybrid BIOS (SOLD) NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Founder Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
32GB Samsung 30nm 2400Mhz OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung 850 EVO 13000GB HDDs 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EKWB Custom Watercooling, XSPC, Bitpower, Primo... Windows 10 Pro x64 (1607) ASUS PG278Q G-SYNC (2560x1440) Logitech G910 Onion Spark 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Gold Fractal Design Define S Logitech G502 Logitech G440 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Logitech G933 Xbox One Controller Asus RT-AC68U Hitron CDA3 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
5HP 5HP 5HP 5HP 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
5HP 5HP 5HP 5HP 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
5HP 5HP 5HP 5HP 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
5HP 5HP 5HP 5HP 
Other
5HP 
  hide details  
Reply
 
≡ Snowbaru ≡
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 3930K 4.9Ghz Asus Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX TITAN 1250Mhz KPE/Hybrid BIOS (SOLD) NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Founder Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
32GB Samsung 30nm 2400Mhz OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung 850 EVO 13000GB HDDs 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EKWB Custom Watercooling, XSPC, Bitpower, Primo... Windows 10 Pro x64 (1607) ASUS PG278Q G-SYNC (2560x1440) Logitech G910 Onion Spark 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Gold Fractal Design Define S Logitech G502 Logitech G440 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Logitech G933 Xbox One Controller Asus RT-AC68U Hitron CDA3 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
5HP 5HP 5HP 5HP 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
5HP 5HP 5HP 5HP 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
5HP 5HP 5HP 5HP 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
5HP 5HP 5HP 5HP 
Other
5HP 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joephis19 View Post

Did Jobs have anything to do with the technical aspects of the iPod? No.
Would the iPod be where it is today with the engineers and software/firmware writers trying to market it? No.
Engineers make it possible, Jobs made it popular.
Grammy's aren't for being a nice guy or doing hard work or being able to design PCB's and write code. They are for success and popularity. Steve Jobs had both.

you just described like every company out there. did gabe newell have anything to do with the technical aspects of steam? did larry page write code for andriod? most likely not but if steam and adroid were to win an award those two are undoubtedly going to be the ones receiving it

ceos are appointed for two things, to oversee the board and be a face of the company. steve jobs was undoubtedly the face of the company and at the same time, he micro managed it 24/7 down to every last detail down to insisting that the pcb is black even and the a4/a4 must be square though though they would be never seen.
Green Lantern
(18 items)
 
 
The Router 3.0
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 920 3.8GHz 1.25v HT Asus P6T XFX 5870 XFX 5780 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston HyperX Intel X25-M 80GB G2 10Tb iSCSI Lite-On 1635S 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H50 Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Asus PA246 Logitech G15 v1 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair 1000HX Lian Li v1000+ Logitech G5 v1 Creative Audigy 2 ZS 
Other
Intel Pro/1000 PT Server Adapter 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon L5335 Intel Xeon L5335 Intel 5000P ATI ES1000 
RAMHard DriveOSPower
Elpida ECC WD20NPVT SmartOS HP 350W + Hot Spare 
Case
HP Proliant 380 G5 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ nForce 3 250 2 GB 512MB CF To IDE 
OSCaseOtherOther
pfSense 2.0.1 x64 Shuttle XPC Intel PWLA8492MT PRO/1000 MT Dual Port Server A... Verizon FiOS 75/35Mbit 
  hide details  
Reply
Green Lantern
(18 items)
 
 
The Router 3.0
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 920 3.8GHz 1.25v HT Asus P6T XFX 5870 XFX 5780 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston HyperX Intel X25-M 80GB G2 10Tb iSCSI Lite-On 1635S 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H50 Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Asus PA246 Logitech G15 v1 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair 1000HX Lian Li v1000+ Logitech G5 v1 Creative Audigy 2 ZS 
Other
Intel Pro/1000 PT Server Adapter 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon L5335 Intel Xeon L5335 Intel 5000P ATI ES1000 
RAMHard DriveOSPower
Elpida ECC WD20NPVT SmartOS HP 350W + Hot Spare 
Case
HP Proliant 380 G5 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ nForce 3 250 2 GB 512MB CF To IDE 
OSCaseOtherOther
pfSense 2.0.1 x64 Shuttle XPC Intel PWLA8492MT PRO/1000 MT Dual Port Server A... Verizon FiOS 75/35Mbit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #63 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Killer View Post

about time, he basically saved the music industry when it couldn't adapt to digital distribution and he stepped in to do it. and before anyone debunks this as an opinion, read any of job's biographies and you'll see how much he had to sacrifice to make itunes ahead of the game in a sea of free music file sharing programs.
now i'm waiting on that oscar for steve job's accomplishments at pixar.
actually, he had granular control of every product apple sold. he didn't sit around in an office and push papers all day. he had a legendary reputation of being a control freak, yes he did look at pcbs, he wanted the software written in a specific way, yes he did spec touch screen panels (gorilla glass). yes he did fly to japan and meet the head of sony to get their music on itunes (and sony's no pushover with them pushing the minidisc back then). face it, jobs is the reason digital distribution of music from different highly independent record labels and publishers worked.

Apple Wins 2002 Technical GRAMMY Award This is not a typo- it says "2002" folks.

That might be true ( I personally disagree with your viewpoint), BUT, the fact is he was already awarded a GRAMMY for his "contributions" to the music industry ten years ago. Giving him another for the exact same thing is ridiculous. Fawning over him and getting giddy about his "award" is just, well, umm,- I can't think of any nice way to put it, so I will let you fill in the blank yourself.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4170 @ 4.86 Ghz ASUS M5A97 EVO 2 x PowerColor AX6790 Crossfire 16GB (4 x 4GB) SAMSUNG MV-3V4G3D @1890 Mhz 8-9-9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSD External USB AMD stock cooler Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23" DVI Fullsize, solid. OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W CM Praetorian 730 Black 
Mouse
Has red light on bottom 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4170 @ 4.86 Ghz ASUS M5A97 EVO 2 x PowerColor AX6790 Crossfire 16GB (4 x 4GB) SAMSUNG MV-3V4G3D @1890 Mhz 8-9-9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSD External USB AMD stock cooler Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23" DVI Fullsize, solid. OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W CM Praetorian 730 Black 
Mouse
Has red light on bottom 
  hide details  
Reply
post #64 of 78
Cute...cute.
post #65 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild View Post

He spearheaded the talks with music companies to allow the digital distribution of their music on iTunes and iPod. He was involved in it personally.
As for the iPod, Steve Jobs did coordinate the making of the device. He did not personally have anything to do much with the software or hardware of the device. But the idea was partially his (to improve upon an mp3 player) and he was the first one to claim outright support for the research of such a device. He was also the one who assembled the team to make the iPod under his supervision.
Also, there is one thing to always understand, in the end the leader is always responsible for what happens. It goes for everything. If a company is successful, or a country sees great growth, the leader is applauded and the opposite is true - even if the leader was not responsible directly for it. Not to mention, that Steve Jobs was a pretty active CEO in the day-to-day activities in his company by all accounts.

Apple haters: "Hitler never killed any jews! He didn't even have anything to do with them being round up and mass murdered"

I don't think they really understand the role of a leader. =\
Titanus
(12 items)
 
LS-FX2
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD K15 970A-G46 (MS-7693) AMD R9 290 G.Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G.Skill Yes 24 Stock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Professional Gs90 series Microsoft sidewinder Tx750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza solano 1000 Logitech G500 Starcraft 2 "Zerg Rush" mousepad 2.1 "average" system 
Other
Blue Yeti Microphone 
GraphicsMonitorKeyboardCase
gt 320 13 inch built-in apple alluminum unibody 
Mouse
apple trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
Titanus
(12 items)
 
LS-FX2
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD K15 970A-G46 (MS-7693) AMD R9 290 G.Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G.Skill Yes 24 Stock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Professional Gs90 series Microsoft sidewinder Tx750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza solano 1000 Logitech G500 Starcraft 2 "Zerg Rush" mousepad 2.1 "average" system 
Other
Blue Yeti Microphone 
GraphicsMonitorKeyboardCase
gt 320 13 inch built-in apple alluminum unibody 
Mouse
apple trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #66 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buris View Post

Apple haters: "Hitler never killed any jews! He didn't even have anything to do with them being round up and mass murdered"
I don't think they really understand the role of a leader. =\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged_Steel View Post


Steve Jobs wins second Grammy for the same technological innovation in the music industry :

Defenders of Steve Jobs cheer and scream " About time! Yes, it was ALL Steve, he was a genius and the single driving force behind Apple and was involved in every aspect of everything that went on at Apple, therefore it is fitting that he and he alone should recieve the GRAMMY award for technical innovation (twice 2002 and 2012), regardless of the fact that he didn't know a resistor from a transistor, because he was at the helm and NOTHING at Apple happened without his direct invlovement and mentoring!"

Apple files multitudes of frivolous lawsuits against anybody they can in an effort to bankrupt those companies and steal their patents, sending thousands of well paid workers worldwide into the unemployment line, while Apple merrily hires more neo-slave workers in China to fill the production viod, and then jacks up prices even further because they have eliminated the competition, screwing the consumer while stuffing their fat pockets with the ill-gotten wealth:

Defenders of Steve Jobs sneer and scream :"No, these things had NOTHING to do with Steve Jobs, he was merely the CEO of the worlds largest corporation , and cannot be held responsible for the actions taken by this huge corporation, after all one man cannot be aware of everything happening in such a large organization, and even if he did, he was at the mercy of the other board members and shareholders!"
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4170 @ 4.86 Ghz ASUS M5A97 EVO 2 x PowerColor AX6790 Crossfire 16GB (4 x 4GB) SAMSUNG MV-3V4G3D @1890 Mhz 8-9-9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSD External USB AMD stock cooler Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23" DVI Fullsize, solid. OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W CM Praetorian 730 Black 
Mouse
Has red light on bottom 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4170 @ 4.86 Ghz ASUS M5A97 EVO 2 x PowerColor AX6790 Crossfire 16GB (4 x 4GB) SAMSUNG MV-3V4G3D @1890 Mhz 8-9-9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSD External USB AMD stock cooler Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23" DVI Fullsize, solid. OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W CM Praetorian 730 Black 
Mouse
Has red light on bottom 
  hide details  
Reply
post #67 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged_Steel View Post


Poisoning the Well - Presenting negative information about a person before he/she speaks so as to discredit the person's argument.

Red Herring - Introducing a topic not related to the subject at hand

Straw Man Argument - Producing an argument about a weaker representation of the truth and attacking it.

Ad Hominem - Attacking the individual instead of the argument.

False Dilemma - Giving two choices when in actuality there could be more choices possible.
Titanus
(12 items)
 
LS-FX2
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD K15 970A-G46 (MS-7693) AMD R9 290 G.Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G.Skill Yes 24 Stock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Professional Gs90 series Microsoft sidewinder Tx750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza solano 1000 Logitech G500 Starcraft 2 "Zerg Rush" mousepad 2.1 "average" system 
Other
Blue Yeti Microphone 
GraphicsMonitorKeyboardCase
gt 320 13 inch built-in apple alluminum unibody 
Mouse
apple trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
Titanus
(12 items)
 
LS-FX2
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD K15 970A-G46 (MS-7693) AMD R9 290 G.Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G.Skill Yes 24 Stock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Professional Gs90 series Microsoft sidewinder Tx750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza solano 1000 Logitech G500 Starcraft 2 "Zerg Rush" mousepad 2.1 "average" system 
Other
Blue Yeti Microphone 
GraphicsMonitorKeyboardCase
gt 320 13 inch built-in apple alluminum unibody 
Mouse
apple trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buris View Post

Poisoning the Well - Presenting negative information about a person before he/she speaks so as to discredit the person's argument.
Red Herring - Introducing a topic not related to the subject at hand
Straw Man Argument - Producing an argument about a weaker representation of the truth and attacking it.
Ad Hominem - Attacking the individual instead of the argument.
False Dilemma - Giving two choices when in actuality there could be more choices possible.

Reality- Not important when engaged in Idol Worship.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4170 @ 4.86 Ghz ASUS M5A97 EVO 2 x PowerColor AX6790 Crossfire 16GB (4 x 4GB) SAMSUNG MV-3V4G3D @1890 Mhz 8-9-9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSD External USB AMD stock cooler Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23" DVI Fullsize, solid. OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W CM Praetorian 730 Black 
Mouse
Has red light on bottom 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4170 @ 4.86 Ghz ASUS M5A97 EVO 2 x PowerColor AX6790 Crossfire 16GB (4 x 4GB) SAMSUNG MV-3V4G3D @1890 Mhz 8-9-9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSD External USB AMD stock cooler Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23" DVI Fullsize, solid. OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W CM Praetorian 730 Black 
Mouse
Has red light on bottom 
  hide details  
Reply
post #69 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged_Steel View Post

Reality- Not important when engaged in Idol Worship.

I'll put this in terms you can understand: When did I ever say I worshiped anyone? Oh yes, You made it up.

Poisoning the Well - Presenting negative information about a person before he/she speaks so as to discredit the person's argument.
Titanus
(12 items)
 
LS-FX2
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD K15 970A-G46 (MS-7693) AMD R9 290 G.Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G.Skill Yes 24 Stock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Professional Gs90 series Microsoft sidewinder Tx750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza solano 1000 Logitech G500 Starcraft 2 "Zerg Rush" mousepad 2.1 "average" system 
Other
Blue Yeti Microphone 
GraphicsMonitorKeyboardCase
gt 320 13 inch built-in apple alluminum unibody 
Mouse
apple trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
Titanus
(12 items)
 
LS-FX2
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD K15 970A-G46 (MS-7693) AMD R9 290 G.Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G.Skill Yes 24 Stock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Professional Gs90 series Microsoft sidewinder Tx750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza solano 1000 Logitech G500 Starcraft 2 "Zerg Rush" mousepad 2.1 "average" system 
Other
Blue Yeti Microphone 
GraphicsMonitorKeyboardCase
gt 320 13 inch built-in apple alluminum unibody 
Mouse
apple trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #70 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buris View Post

I'll put this in terms you can understand: When did I ever say I worshiped anyone? Oh yes, You made it up.
Poisoning the Well - Presenting negative information about a person before he/she speaks so as to discredit the person's argument.

I never said or even implied that you were in this category, but this thread is chock-full-o people who are . In any thread that portrays Apple and or Steve Jobs in a negative light, there are loads of comments saying how he simply did not have control over every facet of everything at Apple, and when he gets handed an award for something that the whole company was involved in the say he should of course get the entire credit- because he was the CEO and micro-managed Apple to the point of absurdness and had his hand in everything that happened under his command . It is either one way or the other.

I am sorry if you thought I had meant that comment specifically pertained to you, I did not mean it that way at all, and I sincerely apologize if it offended you.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4170 @ 4.86 Ghz ASUS M5A97 EVO 2 x PowerColor AX6790 Crossfire 16GB (4 x 4GB) SAMSUNG MV-3V4G3D @1890 Mhz 8-9-9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSD External USB AMD stock cooler Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23" DVI Fullsize, solid. OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W CM Praetorian 730 Black 
Mouse
Has red light on bottom 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4170 @ 4.86 Ghz ASUS M5A97 EVO 2 x PowerColor AX6790 Crossfire 16GB (4 x 4GB) SAMSUNG MV-3V4G3D @1890 Mhz 8-9-9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSD External USB AMD stock cooler Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23" DVI Fullsize, solid. OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W CM Praetorian 730 Black 
Mouse
Has red light on bottom 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [MSNBC] Steve Jobs wins Grammy Award for contributions to music industry