Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › Crucial m4 help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crucial m4 help - Page 3

post #21 of 28
I think 21 seconds is fine. Mine takes a solid 25 or 26 seconds to cold boot to desktop. I have a lot of stuff turned off as well. I may have more hardware than you though with 2 big GPu's.
post #22 of 28
Thread Starter 
How'd you get 25? I got my time with boot racer. Anyway with ssd we should get like 10 on bootracer according to what i see on youtube. Mine is around 9-11 now. The problem causing the 21 sec boot is motherboard isses.
post #23 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wccl View Post

How'd you get 25? I got my time with boot racer. Anyway with ssd we should get like 10 on bootracer according to what i see on youtube. Mine is around 9-11 now. The problem causing the 21 sec boot is motherboard isses.

I think he is talking about a full boot from when he presses the power button.

I usually get 30-35 seconds with my motherboard and set up off a cold boot.
post #24 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Webster View Post

I think he is talking about a full boot from when he presses the power button.
I usually get 30-35 seconds with my motherboard and set up off a cold boot.

Yes you are right. I use a timer I set to trigger when I hit the button it starts then I stop it once I see the desktop on al 3 screens. There is a bit of a delay between pressing the button and the PC response as well.
post #25 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgearfan View Post

Yes you are right. I use a timer I set to trigger when I hit the button it starts then I stop it once I see the desktop on al 3 screens. There is a bit of a delay between pressing the button and the PC response as well.

Knew it smile.gif

the OP had the issue where it would take 20 seconds or so for OS to load after post, not including the BIOS loading.

He fixed it tho. wink.gif
post #26 of 28
Good thing OP found out what was wrong. That definitely should not be that slow under normal circumstances. good deal.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz + H80i Asus Maximus Hero VII Asus GTX 970 strix Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
850 EVO 500GB, 840 EVO 250GB, M4 128GB, WD Blac... Win10 x64 Asus vg248qe K70 rgblux browns 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM 750i Corsair 750D Logitech G500s RazerVespula 
Audio
Asus Xonar DGX + Sennheiser GameOne 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz + H80i Asus Maximus Hero VII Asus GTX 970 strix Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
850 EVO 500GB, 840 EVO 250GB, M4 128GB, WD Blac... Win10 x64 Asus vg248qe K70 rgblux browns 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM 750i Corsair 750D Logitech G500s RazerVespula 
Audio
Asus Xonar DGX + Sennheiser GameOne 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 28
Seems pretty fast to me, honestly. I'm a bit faster cause I do RAID0 but you seem to be where you should be at.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6850K 4.3GHz (100x43) 1.355v Evga X99 Classified BIOS 2.03 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti G.SKILL 4x4GB 3200MHz 16-16-16-36 1T 1.35v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM961 1TB NVMe + 1TB Samsung 840 Evo External Asus drive 2x MCP655 in independent loops Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Philips BDM4065UC 40" 4K Logitech G19 Evga 1200 P2 Enthoo Pro M 
MouseAudio
Logitech G900 Asus Essence XT II PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6850K 4.3GHz (100x43) 1.355v Evga X99 Classified BIOS 2.03 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti G.SKILL 4x4GB 3200MHz 16-16-16-36 1T 1.35v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM961 1TB NVMe + 1TB Samsung 840 Evo External Asus drive 2x MCP655 in independent loops Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Philips BDM4065UC 40" 4K Logitech G19 Evga 1200 P2 Enthoo Pro M 
MouseAudio
Logitech G900 Asus Essence XT II PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 28
Thread Starter 
Done updating my firmware
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SSD
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › Crucial m4 help