Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › (Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

(Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270 - Page 224

Poll Results: Vote when your Achieva/Catleap monitor comes in.

 
  • 41% (232)
    Achieva QH270
  • 2% (12)
    Achieva QH270 (DOA / didn't recieve)
  • 8% (46)
    Achieva QH270 (Dead pixel(s) / flawed panel)
  • 40% (224)
    Catleap Q270
  • 1% (8)
    Catleap Q270 (DOA / didn't recieve)
  • 5% (33)
    Catleap Q270 (Dead pixel(s) / flawed panel)
555 Total Votes  
post #2231 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by the337 View Post

I've been trying to follow this thread but it's pretty tough keeping up. Could someone summarize for me what people have been saying about the power brick and the different monitors? It seems like there's somewhat of a concern about it. Thanks!

Agree with this. What's the most recent on 110Vac power bricks? I think the crossovers only come with 220Vac bricks?
Skylake
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+ MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 3200MHz 16-16-16 DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX100 512GB WD Green 4TB Swiftech H240-X Windows 10 Pro N 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
PCBank 2560x1440 Corsair HX850 Corsair 750D Razer Adder 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+ MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 3200MHz 16-16-16 DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX100 512GB WD Green 4TB Swiftech H240-X Windows 10 Pro N 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
PCBank 2560x1440 Corsair HX850 Corsair 750D Razer Adder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2232 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by the337 View Post

I've been trying to follow this thread but it's pretty tough keeping up. Could someone summarize for me what people have been saying about the power brick and the different monitors? It seems like there's somewhat of a concern about it. Thanks!

Some displays have come with switching PSU's, others haven't. The ones that didn't list switching were still able to work on 110v input, so it's suspected internally they were still switching PSU's.

You can get replacements on eBay for $25 if you're concerned though.
post #2233 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post

Where's Bruce gone? We were working on getting this club sorted, I've compiled a spreadsheet so that we can have all the info available to us rather than going through the hundreds of pages lol tongue.gif

Please be patient with us, we should hopefully be sorted in the next couple few days. thumb.gif

thumb.gif
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2234 of 4784
Sooooo 103hz catleap is no longer possible? That's ridiculous. You'd think they would just stick with the same components on the inside of their monitors and not change them on a monthly basis. That was a huge incentive for me to get one but i've been just waiting and to see what new information arises. Guess i'll have to wait and see if the Crossover can OC...
COMPYTRON-9000
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k ASUS P8-Z68 V PRO Gigabyte GTX 670 4GB Corsair Vengeance RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB Generic DVD RW Noctua  Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Corsair 850w Professional Silverstone  Mionix Naos 5000 
Audio
KRK Rokit 6 
  hide details  
Reply
COMPYTRON-9000
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k ASUS P8-Z68 V PRO Gigabyte GTX 670 4GB Corsair Vengeance RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB Generic DVD RW Noctua  Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Corsair 850w Professional Silverstone  Mionix Naos 5000 
Audio
KRK Rokit 6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2235 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by NameMakingSux View Post

Sooooo 103hz catleap is no longer possible? That's ridiculous. You'd think they would just stick with the same components on the inside of their monitors and not change them on a monthly basis. That was a huge incentive for me to get one but i've been just waiting and to see what new information arises. Guess i'll have to wait and see if the Crossover can OC...

They may have found that running the monitor @97hz + caused issues. No one has had the monitor long enough to find out if OCing it will have long term effects.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700k Asrock z270 Gaming K6 EVGA GTX 1080TI SC Black Edition 16GB Corsair Red LED 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Evo 500Gb M.2 Samsung 500Gb 850 Pro 1TB WD black sata 6 XSPC watercooled 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Ent 64bit BenQ XL2720z Logitech G810 Corsair AX750 Red/Black sleeved cables 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Define S Steelseries Sensei 310 Steelseries QcK+ Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700k Asrock z270 Gaming K6 EVGA GTX 1080TI SC Black Edition 16GB Corsair Red LED 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Evo 500Gb M.2 Samsung 500Gb 850 Pro 1TB WD black sata 6 XSPC watercooled 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Ent 64bit BenQ XL2720z Logitech G810 Corsair AX750 Red/Black sleeved cables 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Define S Steelseries Sensei 310 Steelseries QcK+ Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2236 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0z0 View Post

They may have found that running the monitor @97hz + caused issues. No one has had the monitor long enough to find out if OCing it will have long term effects.

That makes no sense. These don't run at that speed normally. They probably just found a better supply of parts. Most likely cheaper.
post #2237 of 4784
I cancelled my order with green-sum yesterday (that I had placed Saturday morning) due to delays and placed it with dcsamsungmall. It shipped out hour later! I was just being impatient, and dcsamsungmall only had maybe 6 orders on his newest posting whereas green-sum got slammed, my order from saturday had almost dropped off of ebays history of the last 100 purchases!

Looks like it will arrive either Friday or Monday via FedEx, woohoo.

As for Slickdeals, mods will remove that message in short time, others have posted this and it's been removed because they aren't "known ebay sellers" (e.g. newegg). The SD effect is NOT going to be happening with this deal I assure you. On a related note, I did discover this deal because of a comment someone on SD made in a thread for another monitor, so I did come here by way of SD last week!
post #2238 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawknative View Post

I cancelled my order with green-sum yesterday (that I had placed Saturday morning) due to delays and placed it with dcsamsungmall. It shipped out hour later! I was just being impatient, and dcsamsungmall only had maybe 6 orders on his newest posting whereas green-sum got slammed, my order from saturday had almost dropped off of ebays history of the last 100 purchases!
Looks like it will arrive either Friday or Monday via FedEx, woohoo.
As for Slickdeals, mods will remove that message in short time, others have posted this and it's been removed because they aren't "known ebay sellers" (e.g. newegg). The SD effect is NOT going to be happening with this deal I assure you. On a related note, I did discover this deal because of a comment someone on SD made in a thread for another monitor, so I did come here by way of SD last week!



I am under the impression this isn't a 'deal' at all, are there any indications that they are going to stop selling these anytime soon? I hope not, I couldn't be more on the fence (I need 3x of them)...
Current Desktop
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k ASRock z68 Extreme4 MSI 780 TI 16gb Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128gb Samsung F3 Random DVD drive H80 + Bunch of fans. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Pro x64 3x HP W2408H ("Famus Maker"!) Logitech G15 Corsair AX850 Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAF 932 Razer Naga Sheet of paper Corsair HS1 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Desktop
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k ASRock z68 Extreme4 MSI 780 TI 16gb Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128gb Samsung F3 Random DVD drive H80 + Bunch of fans. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Pro x64 3x HP W2408H ("Famus Maker"!) Logitech G15 Corsair AX850 Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAF 932 Razer Naga Sheet of paper Corsair HS1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2239 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisv006z View Post

I am under the impression this isn't a 'deal' at all, are there any indications that they are going to stop selling these anytime soon? I hope not, I couldn't be more on the fence (I need 3x of them)...

It's not a deal. It started off with 2 sellers selling these monitors. When it got popular, other sellers jumped in. The reason its getting cheaper and cheaper is because these monitors only cost about $250 MSRP in Korea biggrin.gif Ahhh the luxury of having 90%+ of the LCD panels in the world manufactured in your backyard tongue.gif
Needs More Red
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Gigabyte Windforce 290X OC 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 Low Voltage 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 Low Voltage 1TB Samsung F3 2TB Samsung F4 OCZ Agility 3 256GB 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 24x DVD+-RW Lite-On 12x Bluray Burner Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 8.1 Pro x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Antec TruePower 850W Thermaltake V4 Black Logitech G400s 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries QCK Ultrasone Pro 900 Fiio E17 
  hide details  
Reply
Needs More Red
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Gigabyte Windforce 290X OC 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 Low Voltage 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 Low Voltage 1TB Samsung F3 2TB Samsung F4 OCZ Agility 3 256GB 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 24x DVD+-RW Lite-On 12x Bluray Burner Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 8.1 Pro x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Antec TruePower 850W Thermaltake V4 Black Logitech G400s 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries QCK Ultrasone Pro 900 Fiio E17 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2240 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuschdev View Post

Some displays have come with switching PSU's, others haven't. The ones that didn't list switching were still able to work on 110v input, so it's suspected internally they were still switching PSU's.
You can get replacements on eBay for $25 if you're concerned though.

Could you help me understand what the concern about whether or not they're switching PSU's? I don't have a good grasp on electricity... I appreciate it smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › (Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270