Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › (Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

(Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270 - Page 244

Poll Results: Vote when your Achieva/Catleap monitor comes in.

 
  • 41% (232)
    Achieva QH270
  • 2% (12)
    Achieva QH270 (DOA / didn't recieve)
  • 8% (46)
    Achieva QH270 (Dead pixel(s) / flawed panel)
  • 40% (224)
    Catleap Q270
  • 1% (8)
    Catleap Q270 (DOA / didn't recieve)
  • 5% (33)
    Catleap Q270 (Dead pixel(s) / flawed panel)
555 Total Votes  
post #2431 of 4784
Has anyone else noticed that the actual LCD Panels in the 2B and 2C models are different as well?
If you track down the datasheets for both of them, one actually has 380Cd/M2 brightness and the other is 420Cd/M2.


Also, monitor panel drivers are relatively straightforward. Technically if you could find one from a 120hz monitor that was a high enough res to require dual-link DVI and quad-channel LVDS, there's nothing saying that we couldn't reprogram it to output the right resolution and drive this panel at 120hz.


Panel specs are here:

One of them is an LM270WQ1-SDA2 (380 Cd/M2)
http://lcdtech.no-ip.info/download/specs/LG%20Display/LM270WQ1%20(SD)(A2).pdf


The other one is a LM270WQ1-SDE3 which is rated for 420Cd/m2.
http://www.panelook.com/modeldetail.php?id=14391
post #2432 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastyX View Post

ACH = Archtek Telecom Corporation, assuming they didn't just make it up. They don't seem to be a monitor company though.
Try just copying and pasting the parameters for 60 Hz. I needed to use different parameters for 85 Hz to get it to fit within 330 MHz.

Went blank as well. Seems the 75hz rating is confirmed to be for the panel itself and will only do that at lower resolutions when a scalar is involved, not at 2560x1440 like the 2B Catleaps.
post #2433 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThingyNess View Post

Has anyone else noticed that the actual LCD Panels in the 2B and 2C models are different as well?
If you track down the datasheets for both of them, one actually has 380Cd/M2 brightness and the other is 420Cd/M2.
Also, monitor panel drivers are relatively straightforward. Technically if you could find one from a 120hz monitor that was a high enough res to require dual-link DVI and quad-channel LVDS, there's nothing saying that we couldn't reprogram it to output the right resolution and drive this panel at 120hz.
Panel specs are here:
One of them is an LM270WQ1-SDA2 (380 Cd/M2)
http://lcdtech.no-ip.info/download/specs/LG%20Display/LM270WQ1%20(SD)(A2).pdf
The other one is a LM270WQ1-SDE3 which is rated for 420Cd/m2.
http://www.panelook.com/modeldetail.php?id=14391

Which panel does the 2b have vs the 2c?
post #2434 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriWheel View Post

So I paid on the 9th, waited until the 14th to ship, asked for a refund at that point. Took two days to initiate refund, and now I will only get my money back on the 20th.
What a bunch of hardship for a stupid monitor.
They can keep their junk. Willing to bet these things start burning out within a few months anyway.
Nothing in life is free or easy I guess.

so because you lack the ability to be patient and understanding of someone that was deluged with an obscene amount of orders, you want everyone else on this forum that purchased the same monitor to have theirs burn out and fail within a few months? monitors weigh about 30 lbs each and if he sold over 100 of them, thats literally about 1.5 tons of monitor that he has to individually box. now since he double boxes them he has to take each monitor box, put it in a bigger box with bubble wrap, tape it up securely....and then he has to create a packing slip for it which involves creating a ship to address and proper documentation like customs forms which shows country of origin and value, and bring this huge box to the post office to ship out. Oh and by the way he has to make over 100 of these which takes about 20 minutes each at least so thats about 3 per hour. looking at his ebay store he also sells various other things that he also has to ship out. the dude is not a huge website like amazon or newegg, he is probably a 5 foot 2 120lb korean guy with maybe a few helpers...
post #2435 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post

So do these monitors without scalers work with GPU-enabled scaling to display lower resolutions? I have old games I like to play that wont support the max resolution.
I already ordered the Crossover so I hope it will work, and I am anxiously waiting to hear if higher refresh rates like 75 hz works with it .
Edit: Hmm, looks like it might not. At least the bezel sounds better than the other 3 monitor variants ;p.
Also, what is the height of the monitor+stand at the lowest setting? I hope it fits in the same spot as my 24 inch Samsung that has a large bezel/no height adjustment.

When measuring from desk:
At lowest, top of monitor is ~17.75" (45cm) high, bottom is 2.5" (6.5cm).
At highest, top of monitor is ~22.5" (57cm) high, bottom is 7.5" (19cm).
Edited by haccess - 3/16/12 at 11:20am
post #2436 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by haccess View Post

When measuring from desk:
At lowest, top of monitor is ~17.75" (45cm) high, bottom is 2.5" (6.5cm).
At highest, top of monitor is ~22.5" (57cm) high, bottom is 7.5" (19cm).

Perfect, thanks! It will fit in the same spot as my 24 inch monitor so I wont have to rearrange everything.
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700x Asrock X370 Taichi EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Founder Edition with Hybrid Co... 16 GB DDR4 G.skill Flare X 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
512GB Samsung 840 Pro 3 TB Western Digital Black 3 TB Toshiba LG WH14NS40 Blu-ray Writer 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
NZXT Kraken X52 Gentle Typhoon AP-15 Windows 10 Samsung KU6300 40 inch 4k HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro L RGB with Cherry ... EVGA Supernova 1000 P2 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Edition Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum 
Mouse Pad
Razer Scarab 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700x Asrock X370 Taichi EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Founder Edition with Hybrid Co... 16 GB DDR4 G.skill Flare X 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
512GB Samsung 840 Pro 3 TB Western Digital Black 3 TB Toshiba LG WH14NS40 Blu-ray Writer 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
NZXT Kraken X52 Gentle Typhoon AP-15 Windows 10 Samsung KU6300 40 inch 4k HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro L RGB with Cherry ... EVGA Supernova 1000 P2 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Edition Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum 
Mouse Pad
Razer Scarab 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2437 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanford View Post

so because you lack the ability to be patient and understanding of someone that was deluged with an obscene amount of orders, you want everyone else on this forum that purchased the same monitor to have theirs burn out and fail within a few months? monitors weigh about 30 lbs each and if he sold over 100 of them, thats literally about 1.5 tons of monitor that he has to individually box. now since he double boxes them he has to take each monitor box, put it in a bigger box with bubble wrap, tape it up securely....and then he has to create a packing slip for it which involves creating a ship to address and proper documentation like customs forms which shows country of origin and value, and bring this huge box to the post office to ship out. Oh and by the way he has to make over 100 of these which takes about 20 minutes each at least so thats about 3 per hour. looking at his ebay store he also sells various other things that he also has to ship out. the dude is not a huge website like amazon or newegg, he is probably a 5 foot 2 120lb korean guy with maybe a few helpers...


384


everything's harder when you're just a 5'2 120lb korean guy....
Edited by Phinominal - 3/16/12 at 11:32am
My System
(3 items)
 
  
Optical Drive
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(3 items)
 
  
Optical Drive
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2438 of 4784
now that we know the Crossover doesnt OC, are people in favour of the Catleap or the Crossover? ive got to make my decision by monday cause ive already sold my monitor and wont be able to go without a desktop for long.
post #2439 of 4784
Thats all good and fine, but lots of people that ordered after me received theirs before mine was even shipped, so you guys are still shooting blanks..
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T Gigabyte MA790FXT-UD5P XFX R9 290+AC Kryographics+Aktiv XCS G.Skill Flare 16000 7-9-7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Gifted Samsung 850 Evo Pioneer 18X DVD-R Server 2012 R2 Yamakasi Catleap 2B 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic S12+ 850W Lian Li A77B Razer Lachesis Auzen Prelude 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T Gigabyte MA790FXT-UD5P XFX R9 290+AC Kryographics+Aktiv XCS G.Skill Flare 16000 7-9-7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Gifted Samsung 850 Evo Pioneer 18X DVD-R Server 2012 R2 Yamakasi Catleap 2B 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic S12+ 850W Lian Li A77B Razer Lachesis Auzen Prelude 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2440 of 4784
He's the hero discounted LCD panels deserve, but not the one they need right now. So we'll hate him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent salesman, a watchful protector. A dark knight.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › (Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270