First a big thank you for everyone who's contributed to this ENORMOUS fast changing thread! Especially those who posted pictures, summarized technical data, provided post-purchase feedback etc. All your info made my decision much easier, after spending 2 hours reading some 30+ pages of posts
So I've just ordered the following monitor: CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27
" DVI Computer Monitor (QHD) 2560X1440 16:9 Pivot for $422.50 USD from dcsamsungmall over at ebay. This guy has a 99.7% approval rating.Why I chose the CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P:
1) I am not a gamer nor will I be watching movies on this thing, it's strickly for surfing web, MS Office, photoshop and 2D apps. So I don't care about not being able to overclock beyond 60Hz.
2) I have 2 other 19" 4:3 Samsung monitors that I need to vertically align to for a 3 monitor setup. The "Pivot" version of the Crossover comes with an adjustable stand.
3) My previous (center) monitor was a 24" Samsung Synchmaster 244T which only lasted me 3 years before it died, and I paid over $1,000 for that one! One of the things I did value in that monitor was the solid and adjustable stand. From what I've read on here, many people complain of how flimsy the Leap and other monitors were, and mine is not going to be wall mounted, it will be sitting on a desk, so as lame as it might seem, my main decision was based on the stand! LOL
I also looked at the LED-M
model, but I just don't have a use for all those different connections. They simply aren't worth another $200.Some feedback to the thread/forum moderators & regular posters:
- Somebody please make a webpage or wiki for each monitor model. It's impossible to read all 296 pages of posts! There's been a few users that have been kind enough to aggregate technical details from others and do a summary re-post, this would be even better in a web page/wiki.
- I only found 1x Youtube video of the Crossover 27" monitor from a guy that did a 1.5 minute review. Let's see MORE YOUTUBE VIDEO REVIEWS PLEASE!
- The Thread poll does not include a Crossover model, please add it to the poll.
- Please provide more feedback for the onscreen controls of the various monitors. A few posts suggested some monitors can only adjust brightness !? again, I only read 30 of some 296 pages of posts, so possibly it was already commented.
Thanks again everyone, and if I have time (no promises) I will try to post some feedback after I get my monitor.
AdeptusEdited by adeptus - 3/19/12 at 6:58pm