Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › (Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

(Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270 - Page 273

Poll Results: Vote when your Achieva/Catleap monitor comes in.

 
  • 41% (232)
    Achieva QH270
  • 2% (12)
    Achieva QH270 (DOA / didn't recieve)
  • 8% (46)
    Achieva QH270 (Dead pixel(s) / flawed panel)
  • 40% (224)
    Catleap Q270
  • 1% (8)
    Catleap Q270 (DOA / didn't recieve)
  • 5% (33)
    Catleap Q270 (Dead pixel(s) / flawed panel)
555 Total Votes  
post #2721 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87dtna View Post

Hmmmmmm, OK
I'd appreciate it, thanks.
I did find this-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360442967304?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Looks like it might just work.

Careful with the polarity on the pins. I don't think it matches up with your adapter (I have the Shimian, and it does NOT match mine).

EDIT: after looking around, it doesn't look like it'll match yours either ( see http://www.overclock.net/t/1215866/reviewed-400-2560x1440-ips-no-ag-90hz-achieva-shimian-qh270-and-catleap-q270/2300_100#post_16703621 ). Looks like the left 2 pins with the plug facing you are (+) and the right 2 pins are (-). The one you linked has top 2 (+) and bottom 2 (-).

This at least has the right pin configuration and ratings for my monitor, but I haven't tried it (cheaper too by a bit smile.gif ):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/280673899776?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1505wt_1139
Edited by neocpp - 3/19/12 at 8:57pm
post #2722 of 4784
Hello, sorry for my bad English, I have a Sapphire Radeon HD5850, has anyone tested these monitors with this type of graphics card? My has No. 2 DVI-(I) dual link can work with these monitors? I asked for some information to the sellers say they are compatible, others say otherwise. Thank you.
post #2723 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by neocpp View Post

Careful with the polarity on the pins. I don't think it matches up with your adapter (I have the Shimian, and it does NOT match mine).
EDIT: after looking around, it doesn't look like it'll match yours either ( see http://www.overclock.net/t/1215866/reviewed-400-2560x1440-ips-no-ag-90hz-achieva-shimian-qh270-and-catleap-q270/2300_100#post_16703621 ). Looks like the left 2 pins with the plug facing you are (+) and the right 2 pins are (-). The one you linked has top 2 (+) and bottom 2 (-).
This at least has the right pin configuration and ratings for my monitor, but I haven't tried it (cheaper too by a bit smile.gif ):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/280673899776?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1505wt_1139

Welll I figured I could always crack it open and replace the plug with this one, so I wasn't really worried about that. Thanks though.

Still need someone to test their voltage to confirm this is my problem!
post #2724 of 4784
Can anyone comment about LED flicker on these monitors...especially if you are sensitive to LED flicker?

Has anyone tried the hand wave test to look for low frequency backlight flicker? Turn the brightness down to around 50% or lower, use a white background and then wave your hand in front of the monitor. This video demonstrates how to do it and the effect you are looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru474L8N15w
post #2725 of 4784
Can SOMEONE/ANYONE with a catleap measure the voltage on the output of the power brick so I can be assured thats my problem or not!
post #2726 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87dtna View Post

Can SOMEONE/ANYONE with a catleap measure the voltage on the output of the power brick so I can be assured thats my problem or not!

It might be worth asking in the Catleap club thread: link
Hope it's only a PSU and you can get a replacement. However if your panel is a dud let us know how shipping it back to Korea goes.
post #2727 of 4784
Well, my Catleap died in less than 24 hours. Same blinking red light symptom as 87dtna's.

My power brick also shows 18V. I didn't test it while it was working so I don't know if this has changed.
Edited by LazierSaid - 3/20/12 at 7:54am
post #2728 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazierSaid View Post

Well, my Catleap died in less than 24 hours. Same blinking red light symptom as 87dtna's.
My power brick also shows 18V. I didn't test it while it was working so I don't know if this has changed.

His has never even posted. Were you unable to ever get it to post as well? This could be a new thing to be aware of, so it's important to know as much as we can. Who did you buy from? What model? Pics of the bricks may also help people find cluse to avoid such issues in the future. smile.gif
Hephaestus
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 2500K [4.5Ghz][100x45][1.29v] MSi P67A-GD65 [1.9 BIOS] MSi GTX670 PE OC MSi GTX670 PE OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz [9-9-9-24] Crucial M4 256GB [CORE] WD Caviar Black 1TB [FILEZ] WD Caviar Black 2TB [GAMEZ] 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Blu-Ray Combo Corsair H50 [Push/Pull][UltraKaze 3Ks] Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Retail SP1 Yamakasi Catleap Q270 27" S-IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Antec TP-750 Blue Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 Razer Naga Epic 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Fragger Speed  X-Fi Titanium Logitech z5300 5.1 Logitech G930 
OtherOther
MS LifeCam Studio 1080p Belkin n52te 
  hide details  
Reply
Hephaestus
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 2500K [4.5Ghz][100x45][1.29v] MSi P67A-GD65 [1.9 BIOS] MSi GTX670 PE OC MSi GTX670 PE OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz [9-9-9-24] Crucial M4 256GB [CORE] WD Caviar Black 1TB [FILEZ] WD Caviar Black 2TB [GAMEZ] 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Blu-Ray Combo Corsair H50 [Push/Pull][UltraKaze 3Ks] Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Retail SP1 Yamakasi Catleap Q270 27" S-IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Antec TP-750 Blue Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 Razer Naga Epic 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Fragger Speed  X-Fi Titanium Logitech z5300 5.1 Logitech G930 
OtherOther
MS LifeCam Studio 1080p Belkin n52te 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2729 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post

His has never even posted. Were you unable to ever get it to post as well? This could be a new thing to be aware of, so it's important to know as much as we can. Who did you buy from? What model? Pics of the bricks may also help people find cluse to avoid such issues in the future. smile.gif

Was the Catleap 270 SE. It worked fine out of the box for one day. Left it sleeping overnight and when I stepped into my office this morning it was blinking red and unresponsive.

Bought from ebay seller green-sum. I am about to find out how difficult it is to return something to Korea. USPS shipping looks to be about $120.
Edited by LazierSaid - 3/20/12 at 8:56am
post #2730 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazierSaid View Post

Was the Catleap 270 SE. It worked fine out of the box for one day. Left it sleeping overnight and when I stepped into my office this morning it was blinking red and unresponsive.
Bought from ebay seller green-sum. I am about to find out how difficult it is to return something to Korea. USPS shipping looks to be about $120.

Maybe it's just the power brick not supplying enough power. Should be cheaper to even just test this before returning the entire monitor. Just my opinion though. smile.gif
Hephaestus
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 2500K [4.5Ghz][100x45][1.29v] MSi P67A-GD65 [1.9 BIOS] MSi GTX670 PE OC MSi GTX670 PE OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz [9-9-9-24] Crucial M4 256GB [CORE] WD Caviar Black 1TB [FILEZ] WD Caviar Black 2TB [GAMEZ] 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Blu-Ray Combo Corsair H50 [Push/Pull][UltraKaze 3Ks] Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Retail SP1 Yamakasi Catleap Q270 27" S-IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Antec TP-750 Blue Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 Razer Naga Epic 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Fragger Speed  X-Fi Titanium Logitech z5300 5.1 Logitech G930 
OtherOther
MS LifeCam Studio 1080p Belkin n52te 
  hide details  
Reply
Hephaestus
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 2500K [4.5Ghz][100x45][1.29v] MSi P67A-GD65 [1.9 BIOS] MSi GTX670 PE OC MSi GTX670 PE OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz [9-9-9-24] Crucial M4 256GB [CORE] WD Caviar Black 1TB [FILEZ] WD Caviar Black 2TB [GAMEZ] 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Blu-Ray Combo Corsair H50 [Push/Pull][UltraKaze 3Ks] Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Retail SP1 Yamakasi Catleap Q270 27" S-IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Antec TP-750 Blue Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 Razer Naga Epic 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Fragger Speed  X-Fi Titanium Logitech z5300 5.1 Logitech G930 
OtherOther
MS LifeCam Studio 1080p Belkin n52te 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › (Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270