Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › (Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

(Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270 - Page 301

Poll Results: Vote when your Achieva/Catleap monitor comes in.

 
  • 41% (232)
    Achieva QH270
  • 2% (12)
    Achieva QH270 (DOA / didn't recieve)
  • 8% (46)
    Achieva QH270 (Dead pixel(s) / flawed panel)
  • 40% (224)
    Catleap Q270
  • 1% (8)
    Catleap Q270 (DOA / didn't recieve)
  • 5% (33)
    Catleap Q270 (Dead pixel(s) / flawed panel)
555 Total Votes  
post #3001 of 4784
Same question as Tea1023


I got Saphire Radeon 6950, and I was under the impression that my Catleap will work out of the box without no fancy adapters.


Was I wrong ? Oo
post #3002 of 4784
Yeap, really helpful thread, I read the first 10 pages and it was nothing but bad news about this monitor.

However, there is 327 pages. I'm not going to read them all, so I asked a simple question, and got bashed for it.

Real nice, could be a simple, yes or nor, and telling me, maybe you could copy and paste it from your fountain of knowledge.
New rig
(9 items)
  
Reply
New rig
(9 items)
  
Reply
post #3003 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisx View Post

So are there any 2560x1440 video samples I can download?

Due to unspecified reasons (compression?) you won't really be able to tell vs actually seeing high res content, but whatever. Awesome trailer is awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisx View Post

Im thinking about pulling the trigger on a GTX 480@100$, I assume it will run things much better than my HD5830? Good buy? Really dont need 680's right now and 500 is to high atm,

480 for 100$ is a steal

http://www.hwcompare.com/8772/geforce-gtx-480-vs-radeon-hd-5830/
Dr. Tesla
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme Patriot Viper 3 Series, Sapphire Blue Edition D... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate X-Star DP2710 Glossy Qnix QX2710 Matte 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Viewsonic VP2780-4K HP 25er Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec HCP 1200w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-P80 Razer Lachesis Roccat Sense Glacier Blue Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee 
Audio
Essence HDACC 
  hide details  
Reply
Dr. Tesla
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme Patriot Viper 3 Series, Sapphire Blue Edition D... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate X-Star DP2710 Glossy Qnix QX2710 Matte 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Viewsonic VP2780-4K HP 25er Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec HCP 1200w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-P80 Razer Lachesis Roccat Sense Glacier Blue Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee 
Audio
Essence HDACC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3004 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisx View Post

Im thinking about pulling the trigger on a GTX 480@100$, I assume it will run things much better than my HD5830? Good buy? Really dont need 680's right now and 500 is to high atm,

If you're getting that gtx 480 from the site I think you are (Toolscameras.com?), that site looks like a scam... even has scam in the name of it.
Edited by Piezo - 3/25/12 at 6:46pm
New Gaming Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500K Asus P8Z68-V Pro MSI GTX 570 Power Edition Twin Frozr III 8GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill Sniper SR2 1.25V 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
128GB Crucial M4, 640GB WD Black, 1TB Seagate Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit Dell U2311H Logitech Illuminated Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Corsair Graphite 600TM Razer Deathadder Black Edition Steelseries Qck Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
New Gaming Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500K Asus P8Z68-V Pro MSI GTX 570 Power Edition Twin Frozr III 8GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill Sniper SR2 1.25V 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
128GB Crucial M4, 640GB WD Black, 1TB Seagate Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit Dell U2311H Logitech Illuminated Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Corsair Graphite 600TM Razer Deathadder Black Edition Steelseries Qck Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3005 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piezo View Post

If you're getting that gtx 480 from the site I think you are, that site looks like a scam.

Oops idk what site that is but its from another forum member n another hardware/forum.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz Asus V-Pro Z68 GTX 780 ACX 8GB ddr3 G.Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB M4 SSD H60/620 combo Windows 7 Yamakasi 2560x1440p 27' 
PowerCase
Corsair HX750 HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz Asus V-Pro Z68 GTX 780 ACX 8GB ddr3 G.Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB M4 SSD H60/620 combo Windows 7 Yamakasi 2560x1440p 27' 
PowerCase
Corsair HX750 HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3006 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkilbride View Post

Yeap, really helpful thread, I read the first 10 pages and it was nothing but bad news about this monitor.
However, there is 327 pages. I'm not going to read them all, so I asked a simple question, and got bashed for it.
Real nice, could be a simple, yes or nor, and telling me, maybe you could copy and paste it from your fountain of knowledge.


Do a quick search for the Clubs - see the Catleap link in my sig - and do some reading.  Also change your options to display 100 posts per page, makes it seem like a LOT less pages to wade through!  tongue.gif

 

 

   
The Cavern
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-2500k asus p8p67 deluxe EVGA GeForce GTX 580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 3072 EVGA GeForce GTX 580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 3072 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator 8 gig ocz agility 240 Western Digital Caviar Black 1 tb Western Digital Caviar Black 1 tb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
blu ray TONS - See Build Log windows 7 64 bit ultimate Alienware OptX AW2310 23-inch 3D 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Alienware OptX AW2310 23-inch 3D Alienware OptX AW2310 23-inch 3D g15 corsair 1200ax 
CaseMouse
mountain mods u2-ufo rat 9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 860 EVGA P55 FTW gtx 560 gtx 560 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Western Digital Caviar Black 1 tb Western Digital Caviar Black 1 tb Intel M4 ssd 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
TONS - See Build Log windows 7 64 bit Samsung SyncMaster 2232BW x 4 Corsair 1000 
Case
antec skeleton 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 EVGA P55 FTW EVGA GTX 295 Corsair Dominator 8 gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2 x Western Digital Caviar Blacks 1TB Blu-Ray Corsair H70 Everything else on air 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7, 64  Alienware OptX AW2310 23-inch 3D F Alienware OptX AW2310 23-inch 3D F Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 1000 Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
   
The Cavern
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-2500k asus p8p67 deluxe EVGA GeForce GTX 580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 3072 EVGA GeForce GTX 580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 3072 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator 8 gig ocz agility 240 Western Digital Caviar Black 1 tb Western Digital Caviar Black 1 tb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
blu ray TONS - See Build Log windows 7 64 bit ultimate Alienware OptX AW2310 23-inch 3D 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Alienware OptX AW2310 23-inch 3D Alienware OptX AW2310 23-inch 3D g15 corsair 1200ax 
CaseMouse
mountain mods u2-ufo rat 9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 860 EVGA P55 FTW gtx 560 gtx 560 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Western Digital Caviar Black 1 tb Western Digital Caviar Black 1 tb Intel M4 ssd 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
TONS - See Build Log windows 7 64 bit Samsung SyncMaster 2232BW x 4 Corsair 1000 
Case
antec skeleton 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 EVGA P55 FTW EVGA GTX 295 Corsair Dominator 8 gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2 x Western Digital Caviar Blacks 1TB Blu-Ray Corsair H70 Everything else on air 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7, 64  Alienware OptX AW2310 23-inch 3D F Alienware OptX AW2310 23-inch 3D F Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 1000 Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3007 of 4784
Picked up mine from the post office this morning, looking forward to trying it out tonight. Big flapping box, hardly fit in my car!
post #3008 of 4784
I read a few users had a buzzing issue with their shimians, is this a common issue with all the variants or just this one in particular? The only thing stoppingme from buying this is the buzzing problem I have heard about.
post #3009 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by youra6 View Post



That is not only unhelpful but rude. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkilbride View Post

Yeap, really helpful thread, I read the first 10 pages and it was nothing but bad news about this monitor.
However, there is 327 pages. I'm not going to read them all, so I asked a simple question, and got bashed for it.
Real nice, could be a simple, yes or nor, and telling me, maybe you could copy and paste it from your fountain of knowledge.


Obviously, the answer is yes - assuming you can live with the risk of pixel issues, powerbrick issues, backlight issues, dust behind the glass issues, or the one hundred dollar cost of shipping a defective or DOA monitor back to korea. FROM THE POLL AT THE BEGINNING OF THE THREAD - there is about a 1/6 chance of any of these defects. Can you live with that chance? Can you live with any or all of those defects? Does the fact that for only 100 bucks more than a U2412m for almost 60% more pixels and full 8-bit IPS color as opposed to the u2412m's dithered 6 bit IPS color?

We cannot answer those questions for you. Only you can. Everyone's tolerance for these things are different, which is why these threads are so long - to give everyone enough information to judge for themselves if it is worth it.

With all due respect to youra6, scribby and skyPC, I think what is rude is someone doing a TLDR and asking everyone to repeat what they've already posted in the rest of the threads, making the threads even longer for no other reason than a bit of laziness, therefore making it even harder to glean new information, if any, from the thread due to all the repetetive information that is in the "TLDR tell me what you already said three times before" posts.

*shrug* Obviously, YMMV...

BB
Dad's Rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 860 P55H-A AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series G.Skill F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD6401AALS WD10EADS WD20EADS LG GH22NS50 Supermulti 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H50 Win7x64 Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Dell U2412M 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair 650TX Thermaltake V3 Black logitech G400 Logtiech Z313 
Other
CH Products Cockpit suite 
  hide details  
Reply
Dad's Rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 860 P55H-A AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series G.Skill F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD6401AALS WD10EADS WD20EADS LG GH22NS50 Supermulti 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H50 Win7x64 Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Dell U2412M 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair 650TX Thermaltake V3 Black logitech G400 Logtiech Z313 
Other
CH Products Cockpit suite 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3010 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBGunWB View Post

Obviously, the answer is yes - assuming you can live with the risk of pixel issues, powerbrick issues, backlight issues, dust behind the glass issues, or the one hundred dollar cost of shipping a defective or DOA monitor back to korea. FROM THE POLL AT THE BEGINNING OF THE THREAD - there is about a 1/6 chance of any of these defects. Can you live with that chance? Can you live with any or all of those defects? Does the fact that for only 100 bucks more than a U2412m for almost 60% more pixels and full 8-bit IPS color as opposed to the u2412m's dithered 6 bit IPS color?
We cannot answer those questions for you. Only you can. Everyone's tolerance for these things are different, which is why these threads are so long - to give everyone enough information to judge for themselves if it is worth it.
With all due respect to youra6, scribby and skyPC, I think what is rude is someone doing a TLDR and asking everyone to repeat what they've already posted in the rest of the threads, making the threads even longer for no other reason than a bit of laziness, therefore making it even harder to glean new information, if any, from the thread due to all the repetetive information that is in the "TLDR tell me what you already said three times before" posts.
*shrug* Obviously, YMMV...
BB

It's not an issue of laziness at this point, it's an issue of practicality. There's more than 3000 posts in this one thread alone; trying to find the relevant information in that pile is pretty darned difficult, even if you know what you're looking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyPC View Post

Same question as Tea1023
I got Saphire Radeon 6950, and I was under the impression that my Catleap will work out of the box without no fancy adapters.
Was I wrong ? Oo

You are not wrong. Every modern GPU that has DVI will run these monitors (in Windows).
Edit: silly typo.
Edited by kevinsbane - 3/25/12 at 8:47pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › (Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270