Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › (Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

(Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270 - Page 5

Poll Results: Vote when your Achieva/Catleap monitor comes in.

 
  • 41% (232)
    Achieva QH270
  • 2% (12)
    Achieva QH270 (DOA / didn't recieve)
  • 8% (46)
    Achieva QH270 (Dead pixel(s) / flawed panel)
  • 40% (224)
    Catleap Q270
  • 1% (8)
    Catleap Q270 (DOA / didn't recieve)
  • 5% (33)
    Catleap Q270 (Dead pixel(s) / flawed panel)
555 Total Votes  
post #41 of 4784
Hi guys, created this account just to post this reply.

I live in South Korea. I was at a PC Bang (Korean phrase for computer café kinda place) earlier today and noticed that about twenty of the machines had these 27" monitors attached to them. I have seen them for sale on GMarket before and was hesitant to buy till I could see one, so I sat right down to check them out. They look great. I was skeptical about the fact that they were the same panel used in the 27" iMac, but I believe it now. I'm not sure if the ones I played with were the IPSBS or IPSTP, but the panel should be the same in all of them.

Some of the Korean language reviews complain about a weak stand. It wasn't amazing, but it was adequate. On par with any stand you would get with a basic 23" 1080P Acer monitor.

The viewing angles were excellent. People looked at me weird for craning my head all around the thing to check.

Colors seemed great. The ones in the café were NOT calibrated, but I have seen a few Korean reviews that show it before/after, and it can be brought in line easily.

I fired up WoW and CS:S to check the response time, I thought it might be slow but it was excellent.

Build quality seemed pretty good. Elegant look. I liked it a lot.

I'll be ordering one soon. About 250$ to have it shipped to my place in Yangsan. Nice! :-D Makes up for the fact that a decent GPU and CPU are far more expensive here than back home in the States.

Hope this helps!
post #42 of 4784
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmosing View Post

A squaretrade warranty is offered for 3 years, for $50, I think it might be worth the investment. At least they'll give you your money back if they can't fix it.

Already looked into that, don't do it if you order this,as this isn't a product intended to be sold in the US. If the monitor breaks, they'll just say your warranty was void and will give you a refund for the warranty. If it doesn't, you've paid $50 for nothing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by zhanknight View Post

Hi guys, created this account just to post this reply.
I live in South Korea. I was at a PC Bang (Korean phrase for computer café kinda place) earlier today and noticed that about twenty of the machines had these 27" monitors attached to them. I have seen them for sale on GMarket before and was hesitant to buy till I could see one, so I sat right down to check them out. They look great. I was skeptical about the fact that they were the same panel used in the 27" iMac, but I believe it now. I'm not sure if the ones I played with were the IPSBS or IPSTP, but the panel should be the same in all of them.
Some of the Korean language reviews complain about a weak stand. It wasn't amazing, but it was adequate. On par with any stand you would get with a basic 23" 1080P Acer monitor.
The viewing angles were excellent. People looked at me weird for craning my head all around the thing to check.
Colors seemed great. The ones in the café were NOT calibrated, but I have seen a few Korean reviews that show it before/after, and it can be brought in line easily.
I fired up WoW and CS:S to check the response time, I thought it might be slow but it was excellent.
Build quality seemed pretty good. Elegant look. I liked it a lot.
I'll be ordering one soon. About 250$ to have it shipped to my place in Yangsan. Nice! :-D Makes up for the fact that a decent GPU and CPU are far more expensive here than back home in the States.
Hope this helps!

Welcome to OCN, and thanks for the review. I couldn't care less about the stand, so my hopes are high now. The only thing I'm worried about now is the shipping process.
Edited by brucethemoose - 2/19/12 at 10:29am
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 4784
Bah, this is still tempting.
Mugendramon
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k ASrock Z87 Extreme6 R9 290 Crossfire Samsung 8GB DDR3 2133mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 1T Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB EK Supreme HF Rev 2.0  HW GTX 360 Rad 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK Acetal waterblock W7 64 bit Yamakasi Catleap Q270 2560x1440p Corsair AX850 
CaseAudio
Corsair 800D Creative Titanium HD  
  hide details  
Reply
Mugendramon
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k ASrock Z87 Extreme6 R9 290 Crossfire Samsung 8GB DDR3 2133mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 1T Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB EK Supreme HF Rev 2.0  HW GTX 360 Rad 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK Acetal waterblock W7 64 bit Yamakasi Catleap Q270 2560x1440p Corsair AX850 
CaseAudio
Corsair 800D Creative Titanium HD  
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 4784
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by youra6 View Post

Bah, this is still tempting.

I caved on this deal. You know you want it biggrin.gif
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemoose View Post



Welcome to OCN, and thanks for the review. I couldn't care less about the stand, so my hopes are high now. The only thing I'm worried about now is the shipping process.

When I expect to receive a similar delivery, I would ask the delivery company to deliver at a time so that I can be there to receive it myself. 

 

I inspect the package right in front of the delivery man.  If the box has damage of a degree serious enough that worries me, I would not accept the package.  If there is no box damage, I open the box immediately in front of the delivery man and do a quick inspection of the monitor looking for damages.  If there is any, I do not sign the delivery note and ask him to take it back.  The whole process takes a few minutes.  Give the delivery man a can of Coke while he waits.

(If there is damage, remember to take a few pictures (with the delivery man standing in the background) as record.)

 

I am not sure if this works in the US though.
 

 


Edited by windfire - 2/19/12 at 4:05pm
post #46 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by windfire View Post

When I expect to receive a similar delivery, I would ask the delivery company to deliver at a time so that I can be there to receive it myself. 

I inspect the package right in front of the delivery man.  If the box has damage of a degree serious enough that worries me, I would not accept the package.  If there is no box damage, I open the box immediately in front of the delivery man and do a quick inspection of the monitor looking for damages.  If there is any, I do not sign the delivery note and ask him to take it back.  The whole process takes a few minutes.  Give the delivery man a can of Coke while he waits.
(If there is damage, remember to take a few pictures (with the delivery man standing in the background) as record.)

I am not sure if this works in the US though.

 

Delivery men here in the US run on super tight schedules, so I highly doubt they can spend more than 30 seconds on a delivery.

If this monitor gets the green light from the OP, I will single handedly support the entire South Korean economy. tongue.gif
post #47 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geglamash View Post

Delivery men here in the US run on super tight schedules, so I highly doubt they can spend more than 30 seconds on a delivery.
If this monitor gets the green light from the OP, I will single handedly support the entire South Korean economy. tongue.gif

These should be mass sold here in the states for 230 bucks. tongue.gif
Mugendramon
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k ASrock Z87 Extreme6 R9 290 Crossfire Samsung 8GB DDR3 2133mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 1T Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB EK Supreme HF Rev 2.0  HW GTX 360 Rad 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK Acetal waterblock W7 64 bit Yamakasi Catleap Q270 2560x1440p Corsair AX850 
CaseAudio
Corsair 800D Creative Titanium HD  
  hide details  
Reply
Mugendramon
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k ASrock Z87 Extreme6 R9 290 Crossfire Samsung 8GB DDR3 2133mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 1T Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB EK Supreme HF Rev 2.0  HW GTX 360 Rad 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK Acetal waterblock W7 64 bit Yamakasi Catleap Q270 2560x1440p Corsair AX850 
CaseAudio
Corsair 800D Creative Titanium HD  
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 4784
Looks tempting but the lack of warranty support is a deal breaker for me.
post #49 of 4784
I was wondering if someone (maybe I could) could write to Gmarket's sales manager and propose a group buy for those interested in the QH270. The more interest and attention this monitor gets, the better the chance. Right now, I think the waters right now are lukewarm, but we are big enough of a community to definitely to make it happen.
Edited by youra6 - 2/19/12 at 7:13pm
Mugendramon
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k ASrock Z87 Extreme6 R9 290 Crossfire Samsung 8GB DDR3 2133mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 1T Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB EK Supreme HF Rev 2.0  HW GTX 360 Rad 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK Acetal waterblock W7 64 bit Yamakasi Catleap Q270 2560x1440p Corsair AX850 
CaseAudio
Corsair 800D Creative Titanium HD  
  hide details  
Reply
Mugendramon
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k ASrock Z87 Extreme6 R9 290 Crossfire Samsung 8GB DDR3 2133mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 1T Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB EK Supreme HF Rev 2.0  HW GTX 360 Rad 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK Acetal waterblock W7 64 bit Yamakasi Catleap Q270 2560x1440p Corsair AX850 
CaseAudio
Corsair 800D Creative Titanium HD  
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 4784
so tempting. OP, when does your monitor get delivered?

and @youra6, a group buy would be great, i would get in on that smile.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 5930k MSI X99S SLI GTX 1080 32GB Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
(3x) Crucial 256GB (768gb RAID0) WD 3TB EK Supremacy EVO + D5 Vario GT-AP15 
CoolingMonitorMonitorKeyboard
2X HWLABS GTX360 (2x) 1440p QHD PLS MicroBoard 40" 4k MVA Corsair K70 RGB 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM1000 Custom Build Logitech G900 Yamaha RX-V465 + 5.1 Surround 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 5930k MSI X99S SLI GTX 1080 32GB Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
(3x) Crucial 256GB (768gb RAID0) WD 3TB EK Supremacy EVO + D5 Vario GT-AP15 
CoolingMonitorMonitorKeyboard
2X HWLABS GTX360 (2x) 1440p QHD PLS MicroBoard 40" 4k MVA Corsair K70 RGB 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM1000 Custom Build Logitech G900 Yamaha RX-V465 + 5.1 Surround 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › (Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270