Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › (Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

(Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270 - Page 443

Poll Results: Vote when your Achieva/Catleap monitor comes in.

 
  • 41% (232)
    Achieva QH270
  • 2% (12)
    Achieva QH270 (DOA / didn't recieve)
  • 8% (46)
    Achieva QH270 (Dead pixel(s) / flawed panel)
  • 40% (224)
    Catleap Q270
  • 1% (8)
    Catleap Q270 (DOA / didn't recieve)
  • 5% (33)
    Catleap Q270 (Dead pixel(s) / flawed panel)
555 Total Votes  
post #4421 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu(ky View Post

Hey guys I have a couple question regarding these 2560x1440 27" monitors. My question below 1-4 Thanks for your input trying to decide if I should change monitors etc..
1. Could I buy 3 x of these monitors and use just 1 x eVGA GTX690 to power them? (Portrait mode)
2. What is the highest refresh rates can they go up to? Above 60Hz? Playing BF3
3. Has anyone else tried side by side comparison from a 27" 1920x1080 120Hz is there a plus or minus between the two?
4. Last question is I currently am using a LG FLATRON W3000H 30" 60Hz (when I play BF3 it seems I need to put a whole clip into one guy before he dies vs other people shooting at me I die couple hits? I understand there are other more powerful guns when playing but could the 60Hz vs 120Hz play a roll in speed when shooting? I feel like I have a 1 second delay etc..

2. Nvidia SLI setup can only do ~90-100Hz on the 2B rev. Catleap. But in your case (non 2B), ~65Hz is the highest.
3. From what I read, even the 2B rev. which can do 120Hz doesn't provide a smooth experience compared to true 120Hz monitors (side comparison).
4. I don't think it's the monitor. Have you checked your connection? IMO, I think it's your choice of gun and accessories which cause it. More info. on the gun?
post #4422 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTCB View Post

2. Nvidia SLI setup can only do ~90-100Hz on the 2B rev. Catleap. But in your case (non 2B), ~65Hz is the highest.
3. From what I read, even the 2B rev. which can do 120Hz doesn't provide a smooth experience compared to true 120Hz monitors (side comparison).
4. I don't think it's the monitor. Have you checked your connection? IMO, I think it's your choice of gun and accessories which cause it. More info. on the gun?

Thanks for your quick response what is this 2B Rev? As you can see it's been a couple years since I purchased a monitor I been reading on the forums Vega etc I was thinking of going 3 x 27" portrait or 5 x 23" portrait tell I found this thread saying 27" 2560x1440 etc..
I have some cash to spend on a new monitor(s) but if I do not have the right GPU card what's the point. Sounds like I need a multiple cards in CF/SLI to do this?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 5960X Asus Rampage V Extreme X99 GTX TITAN X 12GB  GTX TITAN X 12GB  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G Skill F4-3000C15Q-16GRR Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Samsung 850 PRO 1TB (Storage) Alphacool UT60 480 & 560 radiators 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Bitspower AIX99R5E Nickel Plated Full-Covered-B... Windows 8.1 64-bit Acer Predator X34 G-sync  Corsair RGB K70 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 1200i Power Supply CaseLabs SMA8 WHITE ROCCAT Kone XTD SteelSeries XXL 
Audio
Matrix Mini-i PRO DAC & Headphone Amp & Adam Au... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 5960X Asus Rampage V Extreme X99 GTX TITAN X 12GB  GTX TITAN X 12GB  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G Skill F4-3000C15Q-16GRR Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Samsung 850 PRO 1TB (Storage) Alphacool UT60 480 & 560 radiators 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Bitspower AIX99R5E Nickel Plated Full-Covered-B... Windows 8.1 64-bit Acer Predator X34 G-sync  Corsair RGB K70 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 1200i Power Supply CaseLabs SMA8 WHITE ROCCAT Kone XTD SteelSeries XXL 
Audio
Matrix Mini-i PRO DAC & Headphone Amp & Adam Au... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4423 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu(ky View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks for your quick response what is this 2B Rev? As you can see it's been a couple years since I purchased a monitor I been reading on the forums Vega etc I was thinking of going 3 x 27" portrait or 5 x 23" portrait tell I found this thread saying 27" 2560x1440 etc..
I have some cash to spend on a new monitor(s) but if I do not have the right GPU card what's the point. Sounds like I need a multiple cards in CF/SLI to do this?

Here's where you can find all the info. about the Yamakasi Catleap.

The 2B is the board revision which is overclockable. It's not in production anymore. Don't buy the multi-input 2B Catleap since it's not a true 120Hz.

No comment about the multi setup since I'm gaming on a single monitor. By the way in BF3, you died pretty quick from the exhange might have been from the fact that your opponent was aiming a little lower from the head. And, in the last few shots the bullet hit your head resulting in a death from a headshot due to the bullet climb. My 2c.
post #4424 of 4784
Got my QH270 monitor a few weeks ago in white to match my white switch 810. I have only found one dead pixel and the refresh rate is 60Hz. it looks so beautiful.
post #4425 of 4784
post #4426 of 4784
The Seller gets $10.oo from people that do Not look at Every EBay listing
post #4427 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTCB View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu(ky View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks for your quick response what is this 2B Rev? As you can see it's been a couple years since I purchased a monitor I been reading on the forums Vega etc I was thinking of going 3 x 27" portrait or 5 x 23" portrait tell I found this thread saying 27" 2560x1440 etc..
I have some cash to spend on a new monitor(s) but if I do not have the right GPU card what's the point. Sounds like I need a multiple cards in CF/SLI to do this?

Here's where you can find all the info. about the Yamakasi Catleap.

The 2B is the board revision which is overclockable. It's not in production anymore. Don't buy the multi-input 2B Catleap since it's not a true 120Hz.

No comment about the multi setup since I'm gaming on a single monitor. By the way in BF3, you died pretty quick from the exhange might have been from the fact that your opponent was aiming a little lower from the head. And, in the last few shots the bullet hit your head resulting in a death from a headshot due to the bullet climb. My 2c.
Thanks for your input but I found in fast shooting games like the first Counter Strike I used a CRT, but only had the Hz at 60 and I kept dying quickly, then someone told me to crank up my Hz I did and my game went through thw roof, I even got banned because they thought that I was hacking..
So I decided to try the new Asus 144Hz out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 5960X Asus Rampage V Extreme X99 GTX TITAN X 12GB  GTX TITAN X 12GB  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G Skill F4-3000C15Q-16GRR Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Samsung 850 PRO 1TB (Storage) Alphacool UT60 480 & 560 radiators 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Bitspower AIX99R5E Nickel Plated Full-Covered-B... Windows 8.1 64-bit Acer Predator X34 G-sync  Corsair RGB K70 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 1200i Power Supply CaseLabs SMA8 WHITE ROCCAT Kone XTD SteelSeries XXL 
Audio
Matrix Mini-i PRO DAC & Headphone Amp & Adam Au... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 5960X Asus Rampage V Extreme X99 GTX TITAN X 12GB  GTX TITAN X 12GB  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G Skill F4-3000C15Q-16GRR Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Samsung 850 PRO 1TB (Storage) Alphacool UT60 480 & 560 radiators 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Bitspower AIX99R5E Nickel Plated Full-Covered-B... Windows 8.1 64-bit Acer Predator X34 G-sync  Corsair RGB K70 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 1200i Power Supply CaseLabs SMA8 WHITE ROCCAT Kone XTD SteelSeries XXL 
Audio
Matrix Mini-i PRO DAC & Headphone Amp & Adam Au... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4428 of 4784
Looking for a perfect pixel display, I only play MMO's (GW2 atm), I will never play an FPS on a PC

I don't care about aesthetics or speakers, only quality of picture

I have a 7950 video card, so which one is the best lol smile.gif

Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite for $330-360
Crossover = $390
and the Catleap for $500

Why is the Catleap $500? is it that much better, hell why is the Crossover more than the Shimian.... I remember not to long ago they were a bit cheaper, or i'm insane possibly

Also see: Potalion - $370.00, Inch Matrix Neo, PCBAnK I never see anyone talk about these brands, i'm sure they do but not that i've read
post #4429 of 4784
does perfect pixel mean better backlight leak too?
still thinking choose 290$ or 340$ for perfect pixel
Edited by salvanos - 9/3/12 at 9:40pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G840 Biostar H67+ Asus GTX670 Dirrect CU VGEN 2x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial m4 128GB WDC RE 250GB Lite-On 22x DVD Burner Thermaltake Contact 29 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 64bit Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP Razer Lycosa Super Flower Golden King 550watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Custom Acrylic Razer DA SteelSeries QcK Mass Altec Lansing mx5021 + Onkyo Se 200 + nordost s... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G840 Biostar H67+ Asus GTX670 Dirrect CU VGEN 2x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial m4 128GB WDC RE 250GB Lite-On 22x DVD Burner Thermaltake Contact 29 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 64bit Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP Razer Lycosa Super Flower Golden King 550watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Custom Acrylic Razer DA SteelSeries QcK Mass Altec Lansing mx5021 + Onkyo Se 200 + nordost s... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4430 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvik View Post

Looking for a perfect pixel display, I only play MMO's (GW2 atm), I will never play an FPS on a PC
I don't care about aesthetics or speakers, only quality of picture
I have a 7950 video card, so which one is the best lol smile.gif
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite for $330-360
Crossover = $390
and the Catleap for $500
Why is the Catleap $500? is it that much better, hell why is the Crossover more than the Shimian.... I remember not to long ago they were a bit cheaper, or i'm insane possibly
Also see: Potalion - $370.00, Inch Matrix Neo, PCBAnK I never see anyone talk about these brands, i'm sure they do but not that i've read

Really, they all use the same panels, so quality is near identical. I have the Shimian without glass and it's great. You can get a model of crossover with a better stand that allows for raising and lowering, twisting and rotating. That's why it's more. They also offer a plain stand model for about the same price as the Shimian. The Catleap though? I have no idea. The price has jumped huge on those since I was shopping for mine in May.

So really... if you want to pay extra for pixel perfect from a specific seller, do it. Make your decision on price and looks. Since you said you don't care about looks, just base it on price.

Green-Sum is selling the Catleap for $330, if you're set on that model... I found the listing buried among a pile of 490-500 dollar listings.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › (Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270