Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › (Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

(Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270 - Page 468

Poll Results: Vote when your Achieva/Catleap monitor comes in.

 
  • 41% (232)
    Achieva QH270
  • 2% (12)
    Achieva QH270 (DOA / didn't recieve)
  • 8% (46)
    Achieva QH270 (Dead pixel(s) / flawed panel)
  • 40% (224)
    Catleap Q270
  • 1% (8)
    Catleap Q270 (DOA / didn't recieve)
  • 5% (33)
    Catleap Q270 (Dead pixel(s) / flawed panel)
555 Total Votes  
post #4671 of 4784
Just found this video review on YouTube if anyone's interested:
post #4672 of 4784
He's referring to the catleaps overclocking while reviewing the achieva. gg.
post #4673 of 4784
I would like to get one of these monitors, but I was looking for an ISPB with the glass covering the entire face of the monitor because it looks nice and sleek like the Apple display. I found this one from dream-seller. Has anyone purchased this one and can confirm it is infact IPSB, and not IPSI?
post #4674 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobble View Post

I would like to get one of these monitors, but I was looking for an ISPB with the glass covering the entire face of the monitor because it looks nice and sleek like the Apple display. I found this one from dream-seller. Has anyone purchased this one and can confirm it is infact IPSB, and not IPSI?

The IPSI is the newer version. Not sure if that one is IPSB unless it specifies it.

The IPSB models indeed have the glass covering the bezel which may look more classy to some.
post #4675 of 4784
Im about to buy the Shimian from Green sum on e-bay...

I only have one question:

Do u guys recommend the pixel perfect version thats 40 bucks more?
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Perfect-Pixel-New-ACHIEVA-Shimian-QH270-Lite-27-LED-S-IPS-2560x1440-HD-Monitor-/140886763636?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item20cd816874

Or is the chance i have stuck pixels that low, that i can just order a non pixel perfect..



Im from holland and sending the monitor back to S-Korea is as expensive as the monitor itself...
post #4676 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by conwa View Post

Im about to buy the Shimian from Green sum on e-bay...
I only have one question:
Do u guys recommend the pixel perfect version thats 40 bucks more?
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Perfect-Pixel-New-ACHIEVA-Shimian-QH270-Lite-27-LED-S-IPS-2560x1440-HD-Monitor-/140886763636?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item20cd816874
Or is the chance i have stuck pixels that low, that i can just order a non pixel perfect..
Im from holland and sending the monitor back to S-Korea is as expensive as the monitor itself...

Some people say that the pixel perfect guarantee is worth the extra money whereas there are some people who got perfect pixel monitors without paying for the perfect pixel guarantee.

It's only $40, so if I was you I would pay the extra premium.
post #4677 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by conwa View Post

Im about to buy the Shimian from Green sum on e-bay...
I only have one question:
Do u guys recommend the pixel perfect version thats 40 bucks more?
I've seen people state that with their pixel perfect order they still got monitors with dead pixels. The seller wouldn't return the item, instead giving them a refund of the difference between a perfect and non-perfect version. I think it was actually a post in this thread.
post #4678 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by life359 View Post

I've seen people state that with their pixel perfect order they still got monitors with dead pixels. The seller wouldn't return the item, instead giving them a refund of the difference between a perfect and non-perfect version. I think it was actually a post in this thread.

Source? Never heard of anything like that.
post #4679 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post

Some people say that the pixel perfect guarantee is worth the extra money whereas there are some people who got perfect pixel monitors without paying for the perfect pixel guarantee.
It's only $40, so if I was you I would pay the extra premium.

Thnx for your reply!
Im still in debate about this, because the extra money I pay for it will not Always results in getting a non stuck-pixel product.
When that happens i cant send it back because of the high costs..
post #4680 of 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by conwa View Post

Thnx for your reply!
Im still in debate about this, because the extra money I pay for it will not Always results in getting a non stuck-pixel product.
When that happens i cant send it back because of the high costs..

Don't do it. "Perfect Pixel" is marketing at its best. It hasn't resulted in a net benefit for the consumer. Just more profit for the sellers/manufacturers. The presence of so-called "perfect pixel" monitors has already reduced the general quality of monitors available.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › (Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270