Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Which one?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which one?

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Hi,

new build, case is mid tower, won't be running dual gpu but will be running one beastly gpu (overclocked) either gtx580, a new gtx6xx or an ati7xxx. Will be running at first i5 2500k (overclocked) then possibly down the road ivy bridge if I think its worth the upgrade (we'll just have to see how much better those ivy's are). One HDD, and on SDD. I'm not gonna raid a bunch of HDD's. Air cooling for now too.

I'm going for corsair brand psu, I want a supply that will last for years and just my common sense and light reading of the forums tells me that corsair is a good brand for psu. Its going to be a choice between:

Pro series:

Corsair CMPSU-750HXCN modular power supply 750W 80 PLUS silver medal

or

Corsair CMPSU-650HXCN, rated 650W 80 PLUS Bronze certification, Active PFC

Gamer series:

Corsair Gaming Series CMPSU-800G SKU 800w

Now basically it's a choice between modular one with less wattage, or non-modular one (gamer series with led lights) with slightly more wattage.

I'm not an expert on psu's and I apologise if this kind of question has been asked 1000 times but I want to basically buy it now. Of course the non-modular one is cheaper. I hope 750w would be enough for any build I do this year, the next, or the next. If 650w is enough, let me know too, its cheaper! thumb.gif

Thanks all.
Edited by ilikebeer - 2/15/12 at 9:40pm
post #2 of 16
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182068

even the 450w capstone would be plenty

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182066 not free shipping for the 450w one though :C
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
I'm going for corsair brand psu, I want a supply that will last for years and just my common sense and light reading of the forums tells me that corsair is a good brand for psu. Its going to be a choice between:

Location location location, I'm in China too biggrin.gif
post #4 of 16
well whyd you link newegg then? do they sell lower wattage units? something around the 500w mark?
post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuashke View Post

well whyd you link newegg then? do they sell lower wattage units? something around the 500w mark?

if you clicked on the link you'd know why i linked new-egg.. i mean come on.
post #6 of 16
my bad ^_^
post #7 of 16
I would definitely go with this one.
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Enthusiast-Certified-Compatible-platforms/dp/B004MYFODI

Gives you enough headroom if you ever decide to add another gpu.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
post #8 of 16
Thread Starter 
It's not available where I buy things here. I think 500w is a little low since I want to be future proof.

It's really down to gamer series corsair or pro corsair...
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeer View Post

if you clicked on the link you'd know why i linked new-egg.. i mean come on.

Chill, a Lot of interesting options there, I bet you can get some Platinum Sama units if you shop around... as for the offer on newegg.cn, you have Far better options than the ones you listed, check below:

Super Flower Golden Green 700W, high end Gold platform(on par with Corsair AX/Seasonic X), excellent unit at a good price.
Super Flower Golden King 600W, excellent Platinum unit, better that pretty much anything on the market at that output level, a Lot of PSU for the money, not modular.
Antec Signature 850W, high end Delta unit, probably the best consumer PSU ever made(along with the HCP 1200).
post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unoriginal Sin View Post

Chill, a Lot of interesting options there, I bet you can get some Platinum Sama units if you shop around... as for the offer on newegg.cn, you have Far better options than the ones you listed, check below:
Super Flower Golden Green 700W, high end Gold platform(on par with Corsair AX/Seasonic X), excellent unit at a good price.
Super Flower Golden King 600W, excellent Platinum unit, better that pretty much anything on the market at that output level, a Lot of PSU for the money, not modular.
Antec Signature 850W, high end Delta unit, probably the best consumer PSU ever made(along with the HCP 1200).

Thanks,

thought corsair was the best (well, favourite among enthusiasts), haven't heard of this brand 'super flower golden' before. But yea I still prefer a brand that is more well known, not even 1 person has reviewed those super flower psu's on newegg china.

Few people bought it from here though

360
Edited by ilikebeer - 2/16/12 at 4:21am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Power Supplies
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Which one?