Anything but that. At least keep the RBGY color scheme.
Really though, keep the windows 7 logo. If they change to this, every single keyboard out there is "wrong". It will KILL the brand recognition they made with the Windows Flag over the last 15-20 years. Its pointless.
This guy nailed it:
Originally Posted by corelement
This is a bad joke right? The founding fathers of the International Typographic Style must be are rolling in their graves.
1. look at the sheer length of the logo
2. you have two point perspective on the graphic
3. you have one point perspective on the text
4. you have a graphic + text + numerical
5. there's right angular edges on the graphic and rounded edges on the numerical
6. The i in the windows text has a dot that;s floated away from any sense of balance
7. the dot in the i is a circle instead of oval like the O or inverted spaces in the 8
8 all 3 elements of the logo look like islands among themselves instead of 1 cohesive logo.
More like a step back
This logo is an INSULT to graphic designers like Paul rand who started the international typographic style and an even bigger insult to the creator of the metro UI.
How could you allow such a logo with absolutely no innovation or even the hint of innovation to be selected as the windows logo. You're killing your own legacy...
Ugh, really sad, I was hoping with the development of metro UI Microsoft finally realized the significance of innovative design but apparently that's not the case when something as [removed] as this gets picked up.
Whatever design process you guys worked on, I would have ripped it apart and thrown it to the dogs because A step that isn't forward is always a step back, and this most certainly isn't a logo that takes the game 1 step forward like metro ui did.
100% trueEdited by doomlord52 - 2/18/12 at 12:18am